Sony Xperia Z1 Official 5.0.2 New Build .283

Search This thread

BLiapis

Dec 20, 2009
maybe you used the ftf file wich isn't prerooted, just stock. the zip file is prerooted, i didn't use the file on this thread, made it myself and the root works fine

Thanx for the reply.

No, i used both the files posted in this thread. Do you recommend kitchening the FTF and create a rooted one? Does the root reside on the .zip or FTF?

silentmax24

Dec 15, 2013
Thanx for the reply.

No, i used both the files posted in this thread. Do you recommend kitchening the FTF and create a rooted one? Does the root reside on the .zip or FTF?

only the zip file is prerooted and you have to install it via recovery. If you wanna preroot a rom by yourself, all you need is the ftf file and PRFCreator from here: http://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/tool-prfcreator-easily-create-pre-t2859904
In the thread it is explained preety well how to do it

Reactions: BLiapis

kaushal7007

Nov 30, 2013
Rajkot
plus.google.com
i have c6902 model i'm on lolipop stock rom today i rooted my phone using kingroot what is my next step to install recovery i dont want to unlock bootloader.... need help sorry i'm new for z1 !!

khaludi

Jan 26, 2012
Hamburg
@NexusGTS

would you please make us a tutorial how to flash .283 rooted zip via recovery, without loosing root and recovery? I'm currently on .270 rooted with working recovery, but i would like to make a clean install.

thank you in advance!

NexusGTS

Dec 23, 2012
Bucharest
@NexusGTS

would you please make us a tutorial how to flash .283 rooted zip via recovery, without loosing root and recovery? I'm currently on .270 rooted with working recovery, but i would like to make a clean install.

thank you in advance!

this does not need any tutorial. I was on stock .270 rooted with dual recovery befoare i made a pre-rooted file with .283 and simply flashed in recovery. There is nothing else i can say. The zip contains latest supersu from that time and the latest dual recovery. I really don't know what to say because i and others just flashed and maintain root and recovery after the update. :confused:

Rushmere

Apr 24, 2014
Ok so restoring back to 270 as this does not work on my phone from the UK. I think because this ftf file uses LTE this is why mobile data will not work, no matter what I try to change in the settings. I really think this is because the UK is limited to 4G only and not the LTE variant, that most countries use. Guess will have to wait for 5.1 update to fix issues. To others wanting to flash this firmware make sure you country uses LTE, otherwise this will not allow you to use mobile data.

What network are you on? As I am on o2 UK using this firmware and don't have any problems at all - 4g operates on the same bands as LTE and as far as I am aware identical, believe it is just that the UK decided to call it 4g rather than LTE (someone please correct me if I am wrong) - I have even managed to change the LTE icon to say 4g (there is a flashable file kicking around xda that will change the icon).

If you are 100% that you have the correct settings, how did you flash? Did you wipe during the process? And does data not work at all? Or does it only work with 2g/3g?

demon148

Jul 21, 2010
What network are you on? As I am on o2 UK using this firmware and don't have any problems at all - 4g operates on the same bands as LTE and as far as I am aware identical, believe it is just that the UK decided to call it 4g rather than LTE (someone please correct me if I am wrong) - I have even managed to change the LTE icon to say 4g (there is a flashable file kicking around xda that will change the icon).

If you are 100% that you have the correct settings, how did you flash? Did you wipe during the process? And does data not work at all? Or does it only work with 2g/3g?

I am on o2 UK as well, when I have flashed the firmware there is no data connection, I have tried changing the setting in mobile network and still nothing. There is signal strength there but when I try to do anything it says I need a data connection. I created my own pre rooted flashable file and flashed it.

Last edited:

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
Please Share

I am on o2 UK as well, when I have flashed the firmware there is no data connection, I have tried changing the setting in mobile network and still nothing. There is signal strength there but when I try to do anything it says I need a data connection. I created my own pre rooted flashable file and flashed it.

Hi Demon148, having the same problems on o2 UK. Does this mean that your pre rooted file allows data on the network. If so any chance of posting and sharing with the people having this problem:

Reactions: ptoner

demon148

Jul 21, 2010
Hi Demon148, having the same problems on o2 UK. Does this mean that your pre rooted file allows data on the network. If so any chance of posting and sharing with the people having this problem:

I have never been able to get a pre-rooted firmware from another country to work. However I have had to remove root because of some of the apps I need to use, will not work when root is on. So I thought before flashing 270 on I would try the 283 ftf file and to my surprise for some reason I was able to get data to work. So I tried the ftf file. not pre-root, and data worked, I do not know why, I cannot test it again under root, as I do not have and will not put root on this handset for the time being.

ptoner

Sep 17, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
For those having issues with Mobile Data on UK O2. I just competed a clean install of the .ftf file. No root and restarted after a very long boot animation load. Too be expected really.
And found that data was not coming on. All you need to do is get your internet settings again from O2 using a text to "2020" saying "ACTIVE". Your setting arrive and bang the LTE logo is showing and working fine.
The above is just incase some people did not realise that they need to get the settings.
Fingers crossed this cures my massive battery drain when phone goes under 60%

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
How does this FW plays with battery life, because I am on .270 and it's really bad, up to the point I am thinking it's something wrong with battery, although it all started after upgrading to Lollipop.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ptoner

saint_diablo

Nov 25, 2012
Mumbai
How does this FW plays with battery life, because I am on .270 and it's really bad, up to the point I am thinking it's something wrong with battery, although it all started after upgrading to Lollipop.

I am also facing the same problem. Is this update available for C6902 via OTA ?

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
I am also facing the same problem. Is this update available for C6902 via OTA ?
As the OP mentioned, it seems to be only for Telekom/Cosmote carrier; at least I am not getting it OTA on Vodafone Italy/Vodafone Romania.

I am not even sure if my battery is dying, or it's just Lollipop acting up, since I've seen lots of people having same issue after upgrading.

Now even having my screen in use is eating up battery visibly, compared to KK. And after it reaches around 40ish percent, every few seconds battery loses one percent, it's a sad joke.

As I only have a Macbook, I wonder if flashing works same way as on a Windows machine?

I am tempted to flash this, but I wonder if it fixes battery drain?

EDIT: I found I could install Android Studio on Mac and flash recovery and ROM's in fastboot mode. Would this work for these files in this thread?

Last edited:

NexusGTS

Dec 23, 2012
Bucharest
As the OP mentioned, it seems to be only for Telekom/Cosmote carrier; at least I am not getting it OTA on Vodafone Italy/Vodafone Romania.

I am not even sure if my battery is dying, or it's just Lollipop acting up, since I've seen lots of people having same issue after upgrading.

Now even having my screen in use is eating up battery visibly, compared to KK. And after it reaches around 40ish percent, every few seconds battery loses one percent, it's a sad joke.

As I only have a Macbook, I wonder if flashing works same way as on a Windows machine?

I am tempted to flash this, but I wonder if it fixes battery drain?

EDIT: I found I could install Android Studio on Mac and flash recovery and ROM's in fastboot mode. Would this work for these files in this thread?

It won't come ota. I have the c6903 bought unlocked from Vodafone România and flashed this. Everything is working great. No mor memory leak, battery drain and heat. It is the best lollipop version released by Sony for the z1

demon148

Jul 21, 2010
I have found that when using xperifirm that only t-mobile devices will get this OTA.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
Great... I am still banging my head on how to use fastboot on Mac. I found some commands, but all posts are old, since 2012 - 2013, and I still have no clear idea what to flash and in what exact order, every post I've read seems to use a different set of commands, all is very convoluted.

Shucks...

And great, since ALL Z1's have been plagued by the same problems with this version of Lollipop, it seems a bit retarded not to release this globally OTA, but oh well.

Also, didn't Sony mention something about getting Lollipop 5.1 this month? Not a word on release?

Reactions: kira123

jaswri

Jul 13, 2015
Ok so restoring back to 270 as this does not work on my phone from the UK. I think because this ftf file uses LTE this is why mobile data will not work, no matter what I try to change in the settings. I really think this is because the UK is limited to 4G only and not the LTE variant, that most countries use. Guess will have to wait for 5.1 update to fix issues. To others wanting to flash this firmware make sure you country uses LTE, otherwise this will not allow you to use mobile data.

My .270 LTE is working in UK. Worked with Vodafone and working now on EE.

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
Just found out some news on the 5.1 Lollipop:

"The 5.1 is a stability firmware which delivers enhancements to ART allowing apps to load faster and fix the memory leak issue that used to cause constant crash if apps after updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop.

Additionally, it's also reported to fix "Okay Google" glitch and convey the silent mode that has been missing since the phones got updated to Lollipop 5.0.

The update will include a variety of bug fixes and performance improvements, including random app crashes of dialer and messaging apps, and Wi-Fi toggle choice access in Quick Settings and a fix for SMS isssue."

According to Australian carrier Telstra, Android 5.1 Lollipop is scheduled to land in August 2015 for Sony Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3 series."

Quoted from Venture Capital Post; nothing is said about the battery drain, though. Hopefully, it'll also be fixed.

Reactions: romaha

Top Liked Posts