[ROM] KTU84Q [AOSP] 【4.4.4】Dan&Ktoonsez 【CM (final) 09-18-2014】

Search This thread

wolfen1086

Apr 12, 2011
Rich square
Nh7. At least I was. I odibd back to 4.4.2 on nb4 and installed Sickness developer ROM and so far everything is as it was before I ever upped to 4.4.4

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

steventrannn

May 10, 2012
Will there be an update to this rom based on the M12 build? I would love to update to this version because of the scrambled PIN keypad.

caloyzki

Apr 24, 2012
Very smooth rom. Wont update to LP until we get 5.1. Btw, how yo disabled the soft buttons key light? Every time i touched the screens those soft buttons key also light up. Is there any way how to disabled them when touching the screen?tia

wolfen1086

Apr 12, 2011
Rich square
Does this rom work on GSM networks? I need a rom that works on all networks CDMA GSM, all of me, right now I'm on cricket in Virginia, doom I'll be on straight talk in North Carolina

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] KTU84Q [AOSP] 【4.4.4】Dan&Ktoonsez 【CM (final) 09-18-2014】

CM Edition by Dan & Ktoonsez, Stable releases only

2e3616r.jpg

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information

These are the monthly releases of CM with some modifications and touch ups that will be listed below, They are meant for users who want a stable ROM without the need to flash nightly releases and risking a Nandroid, anyone who has enjoyed the stability of my Google Edition ROM should give this a go :)

all builds have their core features tested (Camera, bluetooth, bluetooth audio, tethering, USB audio, Data, Voice calls etc), I also adb debug each release and look for any redflags, I then set up the phone and daily drive it with a few of my testers and once I deem the release stable it will be posted here.

Note: The CM camera works but it's not the best, SnapCam HDR (Paid app) from the market is much more stable and has a ton more features (these developers only focus on the 4.4 open source camera and making it better), I highly suggest doing what I do and removing the stock Camera and Gallery and using this awesome app which also includes a gallery with more features, myself and ktoonsez swear by it. The stock files are found in system/app.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

-CM Stable branch based
    -Updated and debloated gapps
    - No rom branding - I don't flash my name around in the settings menu anywhere, keeping it stock AOSP.
    -Stock CM kernel
    -Nova launcher
    -Improved CM Auto brightness values (Stock is way to Dim)
    -Android L boot animation
    -adb shell fixes
    -Ext SD permissions added in platform
    -Zip aligned
    -No extra bloat
    -Settings menu revamped and more organized
    -Teleservice event notification options removed as they are not working
    -Tested by an established developer and solid testers before release goes live to the public
    -Enjoy!!

Kernel source: here

Working:
    Data
    Wifi
    Tethering
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    USB Audio
    GPS
    Sensors

Not working:
    Nothing reported by my testers :)

Installation instructions

Make a Nandroid and make sure you are on the latest recovery

-Full wipe
    -Flash ROM
    -Flash Gapps (please only use the one provided in this OP, It's the latest 4.4.4 PA minimal GAPPS that are tested and working perfectly)
    AT&T & Verizon only: Loki patch the kernel unless you're recovery does it for you
    -Reboot

Changelog

09/18/2014 (Final 4.4.4 build)
    -Reverted back to m9 due to some pretty serious bugs in CM m10 that we caught late
    -fixed settings strings and crash in MMS limit
    -updated changelog in settings-about
    -reverted ad blocking due to some problems, ill leave this to you guys
    -FULL wipe again, I'm sorry, get titanium backup to make this easy
    Code:
    [B]09/16/2014[/B]
    -Synced to 09/15 
    -CM kernel has been redone, synced to latest linux 3.4.103
    -IR kernel updates, SmartIR remote will now work, out of date IR apps will not work until they are updated
    -Theme Engine: Themes support for additional UI elements	
    -Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates	
    -Settings: Add scramble pin feature	
    -Frameworks: Long press recent apps to switch to last used app	19
    -Settings: Add soft reboot option	
    -Add smart cover support		
    -Multisim updates	
    -General bug fixes	
    -ANT+ Support for various hardware	
    -Privacy Guard: Control NFC permissions
    -Event notifications removed from teleservice menu
    -Platform permissions edited
    -Fixed shell scripts in adb
    -removed CM bug reporting
    -more I might be forgetting

[B]GAPPS updated, you MUST full wipe this release[/B]

[B]08/10/2014[/B]
    -ADB shell fixed, script manager will now work on CM 11 M9
    -Removed Proximity Wake feature from m9 as it does not work
    -edited another string in settings>security
    -not much else, last build as I think this is way more stable then any other CM build out there.
    [B]*dirty flash if coming from previous release is fine, just wipe caches first, no need to flash gapps unless full wiping*[/B]

[B]08/05/2014 stable 2[/B]
    -Added Media_RW permissions to the permissions platform to add support for many third party apps (CM has yet to address this)
    -CM OTA disabled 
    -Removed Calendar, grab it from the market so you can get updates via google
    -Edited a few strings in English US and English GB

Dirty flash is fine (wipe caches, flash update, reboot - do not flash gapps again),  as stated in the OP any new users should use the GAPPS I provide in the OP as they are a 100% up todate and minimal, anything you may need is downloadable from the market,

[B]06/01/2014[/B]
    I was VERY happy with how 5/31/2014 ran on my phone but noticed a few commits merged last night that were authored by bossman Cyanogen himself, so here is your changelog.  I feel like the foundations of this ROM are set now which I knew would take a few builds
    so if all goes well with this, I will start bi-weekly releases because I'm extremely sick of full wiping/testing/compiling, I just wanna use my phone as a phone!!

stagefright: yield callbackDispatcher to writer only for video
    libstagefright: Fix to handle EAGAIN error on first read to source
    audio: mute duration at the beginning of recording
    Bluetooth: Fix for device gets stuck in pairing
    Bluetooth: turn on lcd during Connection
    camera: Disable extra HDR frame on QCOM_HARDWARE - HDR fix for third party apps
    appops: Fix WIFI_SCAN AppOp permission index
    nxp: Include support declaration for Mifare tags

[B]Everything but the app ops commit was merged into the stable branch of CM 11, these were necessary changed to warrant an update[/B]
    Enjoy!

[B]05/31/2014[/B]
    Settings: Allow access for external apps to launch ThemeSettings Fragment directly
    Mms: Clear notifications and mark messages read in certain situations
    Calculator updated with many new features
    selinux: enable support for bionic, add applets in config
    Revert "Remove smiley support"
    Revert "idmap: Don't log spam "CREATING STRING CACHE"
    idmap: reduce CREATING STRING CACHE verbosity
    Merged latest cLock widget
    Added Stock MMS back in the build as it's theme friendly
    Made number picker dialog in MMS and Contacts a neutral gray so no theme will make the txt invisible
    Option to show missed notification count in Interface>Statusbar now works for Email/Gmail
    Included Apollo in the build to play nice with lockscreen targets, feel free to remove yourself
    Removed open music app on headset connect, does not work on most music apps including poweramp
    Updated kernel, Init binary in the ramdisk is now the latest from CM

[B]05/30/2014[/B]
    Settings: Disable Battery status preference on ModLock.
    Fix wallpapers not applying in full screen
    Alarm: Show a warning toast when alarm volume is set to silent
    CM11 Themes: Don't kill setup wizards
    Correct string for left-handed mode (Camera + settings)
    Menu button fixed for webkit apps (TiBU, GO SMS etc)
    Added equalizer quick panel toggle
    Burst mode removed from Camera until it's fixed upstream
    default alarm tone set
    Kernel updated to the latest
    more that I'm probably forgetting but this is the important stuff

[B]05/27/2014[/B]
    SystemUI: Make wifi combo margin themable
    wm: Underp menu key release processing (doesn't effect Titanium so don't ask, thats a TB bug)
    Fix circle battery opaqueness for the low battery color
    Reduce memory leaks by removing all views.
    CMAccount: fix setup wizard crash
    Themes: Add read/write permissions - 2 commits
    Fix broken tags
    Remove Status bar notification count checkbox preference <--- main reason for this update, I don't like broken toggles in my settings menus, no idea why CM just leaves them in there, it's rather annoying when there is ZERO java controlling them

every other commit is super minor but we are fully synced up to date with CM

[B]05/26/2014[/B]
    A2DP: Stop spamming log with buffer size
    Make KeyguardMultiUserAvater fully themable
    CMAccount: Remove "or" between account buttons
    Add/fix APns
    Add rules to permit CTS security-related tests to run
    Remove event notification checkbox preference

Note: You can dirty flash my updates but you can't report bugs in my thread until you repeat them on a full wipe. Thanks :)

[B]05/25/2014[/B]
    -Initial release (Tested by myself and testers :) )

Download the latest build here
    md5: 35e20241ac9450e4dd0bd48c927b07fe

GAPPS - here (Please use this one as it is up to date, minimal and works perfectly)

Credits

Google
    CM Team <--- not possible without these guys
    Paranoid Android - Great Gapps packages
    ktoonsez - <---- would be possible without him, just wouldn't be as good :)
    Hawkerpaul - Amazing tester
    mrvirginia
    XDA
    Broodplank - Devdistro linux, makes my life easy
    Kryten2k35 - Themes
    Googy_Anas - Great kernel support for the s4
    Faux123 - This guy is the man

If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated :highfive:

Need help? Follow me on twitter and and I will answer any ROM or Android questions.

dpwjfn.gif
    You guys are GOING TO LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive: :good: :highfive:
    UPDATE IN THE OP!

08/05/2014
    M9 stable
    Themes support for additional UI elements
    Heads Up Notifications – Bug Fixes
    Lockscreen – Allow doubletap to sleep when using secure keyguard
    Torch – Improve performance
    Safe Headset Volume – prompt when interfering with 3rd party device (Jawbone, Square, etc)
    -Center clock support
    Event notification preference removed
    Massive Settings clean up
    Quick Settings – respect locale changes on additional tiles
    Proximity Wake-Up support – prevent accidental wake-up of device by checking to see if proximity sensor is blocked (eg. Device is in a bag or pocket).
    Spam notification filtering – Set notifications to auto-ignore based on content (perfect for those pesky games that want you to ‘Save 20% on our new game’). Long-press offending notification to set as ignored; manage in Privacy settings.
    Settings Search – Additional improvements and highlighting
    Data Usage Info – Add support for CDMA devices without sim cards
    Bluetooth – Add additional A2DP profiles
    Bluetooth – Disable AVRCP 1.5 by default (fixes various car unit compatibility)
    Email – Fix saving attachments to storage for POP3 accounts
    Translations (Thanks CM Crowdin Team!)
    Account for Play Services induced wake-locks
    Fix encryption on some LG Devices
    Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
    More but I can better spend my time doing something else

Note: The CM camera works but it's not the best, SnapCam HDR (Paid app) from the market is much more stable and has a ton more features (these developers only focus on the 4.4 open source camera and making it better), I highly suggest doing what I do and removing the stock Camera and Gallery and using this awesome app which also includes a gallery with more features, myself and ktoonsez swear by it. The stock files are found in system/app.

also please use the provided gapps, they are literally perfect for this ROM

enjoy! I sure am ;)
    UPDATE IN THE OP

09/16/2014
    -Synced to 09/15
    -CM kernel has been redone, synced to latest linux 3.4.103
    -IR kernel updates, SmartIR remote will now work, out of date IR apps will not work until they are updated
    -Theme Engine: Themes support for additional UI elements
    -Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
    -Settings: Add scramble pin feature
    -Frameworks: Long press recent apps to switch to last used app 19
    -Settings: Add soft reboot option
    -Add smart cover support
    -Multisim updates
    -General bug fixes
    -ANT+ Support for various hardware
    -Privacy Guard: Control NFC permissions
    -Event notifications removed from teleservice menu
    -Platform permissions edited
    -Fixed shell scripts in adb
    -removed CM bug reporting
    -more I might be forgetting

GAPPS updated, you MUST full wipe this release

this ROM has been stress tested and I can confirm Camera, bluetooth, tethering, WIFI, gps, IR and mobile network are working perfectly for me and a couple testers