19th July 2015, 10:44 PM |#21  
Flag Taylor, Tx.
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I'm glad it helped somebody.

3rd October 2015, 01:30 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Titanium Backup (non Pro) does not restore.
I have a rooted Lollipop 5.0.
Titanium did backup.
While restoring, it was showing me, 'NOT ENOUGH AVAILABLE SPACE' which is wrong error.

So then as per some of the instructions here in the forum, I cleared the cache and data of the following:
1. Play Store
2. Play Services
3. Download
4. Download Manager
Titanium back failed to show all the app files in the menu>restore option, though the app backup tar.gz files where present in the TitaniumBackup folder.

I even deleted the odex file created by Titanium in Data>App>Titanium Backup to see if it solves. Still the problem of not showing the app, in the restore section continued.

Please help if you can suggest something more.
29th January 2016, 06:32 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Cool That was it for me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_pliskin

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

Also .properties.txt to .properties
somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
I'm using oneplus x.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BLACDRAGON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BLACDRAGON Ad-Free
2nd February 2016, 03:06 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Worked for me :)
life saving post
Quote:

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

2nd February 2016, 09:07 PM |#25  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 567

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hope this helps.

OMG, this saved my life
15th February 2016, 06:28 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 157

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by menvert

Anyway I wasn't about to rename 100 files, so I used 7zip to make one big .tar file from my original SDcard and copied that to the new Phone via windows and then used a phone app to decompress to my TIB backup folder...
Another NOTE: I copied them to /storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/ to avoid any other permissions issues... (I am on Lolipop)

Thanks for the input mate.
You mean when you decompressed the file inside TB folder,the extensions of the files reverted to original form ?And what's the point of moving TB folder to "/storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/" ?
Thank you
15th February 2016, 10:20 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusodd

Thanks for the input mate.
You mean when you decompressed the file inside TB folder,the extensions of the files reverted to original form ?And what's the point of moving TB folder to "/storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/" ?
Thank you

If i remember correctly.
When you copy a .gz file using the standard usb mode, it will always (trying to help) rename the file and add .zip to the end. So i had to make one big archive and copy that instead. So, yes i used a file browser to extract all the .gz to that path above.

That path above is simply the 100% TiB is allowed full read/write/delete according to the way android does SD card permissions in the last few revisions, so this way you don't have to use a root editor and hack stuff. (though in Marshmallow there is no longer a /storage/external_SD location it is now something like /storage/0000-0000/ )
16th February 2016, 06:09 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Anyway I wasn't about to rename 100 files, so I used 7zip to make one big .tar file from my original SDcard and copied that to the new Phone via windows and then used a phone app to decompress to my TIB backup folder...
Another NOTE: I copied them to /storage/external_SD/Android/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/ to avoid any other permissions issues... (I am on Lolipop)

Quote:

If i remember correctly.
When you copy a .gz file using the standard usb mode, it will always (trying to help) rename the file and add .zip to the end. So i had to make one big archive and copy that instead. So, yes i used a file browser to extract all the .gz to that path above.
That path above is simply the 100% TiB is allowed full read/write/delete according to the way android does SD card permissions in the last few revisions, so this way you don't have to use a root editor and hack stuff. (though in Marshmallow there is no longer a /storage/external_SD location it is now something like /storage/0000-0000/ )

Thanks for the reply.I guess I was not clear enough,actually the thing I want to know is how to remove .zip and .txt extensions from the files in a batch.Removing the extension of more that 300 files one by one is a tedious task.

I copied the TB folder to PC and the extensions of the files converted from .gz to .gz.zip and .properties to .properties.txt.
I want to know how to revert them to original form.
One more thing,do we also need to revert to ".properties" from ".properties.txt" to get things working ? Yes ?
Thank you
16th February 2016, 06:26 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusodd

Thanks for the reply.I guess I was not clear enough,actually the thing I want to know is how to remove .zip and .txt extensions from the files in a batch.Removing the extension of more that 300 files one by one is a tedious task.

I copied the TB folder to PC and the extensions of the files converted from .gz to .gz.zip and .properties to .properties.txt.
I want to know how to revert them to original form.
Thank you

It was a while ago, i will have to assume i still had the original data on SD (think i was upgrading from 32 to 64Gb at same time) so i either used an android app to create the archive (.tar) or used 7zip on windows to make the .tar direct fron the SD in a card reader.
I don't have a quick fix if you only have the [damaged] files with the extra extention.
You'd need a batch renamer or be a pro on awk in a command prompt or something....
16th February 2016, 09:47 AM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was a while ago, i will have to assume i still had the original data on SD (think i was upgrading from 32 to 64Gb at same time) so i either used an android app to create the archive (.tar) or used 7zip on windows to make the .tar direct fron the SD in a card reader.
I don't have a quick fix if you only have the [damaged] files with the extra extention.You'd need a batch renamer or be a pro on awk in a command prompt or something....

Resolved the problem by running the renaming command on command line.
28th February 2016, 03:18 PM |#31  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderharris86

So just picked up my Note 2 this afternoon and already rooted and unlocked it thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorials on the development forum...

So I installed the SD card I had been using from my Xperia Play, after doing one last final TB, and am a little surprised to see that none of my backups are showing up in TB. I can see all the current apps installed, it's pointing to the right directory, yet nothing from my XP is showing as an available backup to restore. Is it just a compatibility issue between phones?

I'd like to restore some game data and some kik convo's... but if I can't I can't!

Thanks in advance!

you may have had any filters on check and clear all of them & this happened to me as well I deleted all the original backup files in phone directory after copying them to sdcard through windows no changes in the extensions and then copied all the files again through phone to backup directory
earlier I searched for a file and that name was stuck in the search bar of backup/restore all I did was clear it by searching again entering no value hope it helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)