[APP][DISCONTINUED] [OPEN SOURCE] UltimateBrowserProject - THE CODE IS NOW BEERWARE!!

Would you like to have Weekly build? Though they won't contain much changes.

• Total voters
Search This thread

giamgiammi

Jul 21, 2015
I have a problem using this browser with my Sony Xperia tablet z (GP312). When I put a video on fullscreen the navigation bar doesn't hide and I can't control video (pause/play or fast forward). I include a screenshot of the navigation bar during a fullscreen video.
I hope you can fix this. Thanks.
uploadfromtaptalk1437478041451.jpeg

Reactions: Thunderbottom

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
I'm really liking your browser. Can you introduce a fast way to scroll to a top of a page. Maybe 2 finger swipe or scroll bar. I use Facebook through the browser as the app is bloated. But if I scroll down the page for a while then I gave to scroll all the way up again to get new feeds. So it would be handy of there was a quick way to scroll to the top of a webpage.
Keep up the good work.

EDIT.....

Sorry I found the feature in the menu. Awesome. Love the browser even more.

Well looks like you already found it yourself haha :)

Regards.

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
I have a problem using this browser with my Sony Xperia tablet z (GP312). When I put a video on fullscreen the navigation bar doesn't hide and I can't control video (pause/play or fast forward). I include a screenshot of the navigation bar during a fullscreen video.
I hope you can fix this. Thanks.
View attachment 3413419

I'll take a look at it right away :)

Thanks for reporting.

Regards.

m0d

Nov 3, 2010
BETA v.1.0-ß Now released.

For a list of changes, View Post #2

Disappearing urlbar when at bottom is annoying. Instead of having the workaround to move bar to top, can it be disabled so that it worked as before?
I kind of started to like having it at the bottom.
Some issues:
  • Url bar on bottom also has an affect on cropping the top of the page; I.e. when I open the attached image below on a new tab the top of the image is cropped, scrolling gets shifted down and you can not show the top of image anymore:
ezgif2537206868.gif

• I get FCs: http://hastebin.com/raw/veloyimupo
  • A small nice addition would have an about section in settings with a changlog tab, currently changelog only appears on first run.
  • Also, I am having problems on opening the link in settings check for updates, I get:
Screenshot20150721231035.png

But, no page loads!
Update:
They appear but without a tab placeholder, so you need to swipe to get to them.
Screenshot20150721232433.png

Shouldn't they a have a tab opened? Bug?
After FCs when I reopened app tabs appear, so indeed a bug:
Screenshot20150721234157.png

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Disappearing urlbar when at bottom is annoying. Instead of having the workaround to move bar to top, can it be disabled so that it worked as before?
I kind of started to like having it at the bottom.
Some issues:
  • Url bar on bottom also has an affect on cropping the top of the page; I.e. when I open the attached image below on a new tab the top of the image is cropped, scrolling gets shifted down and you can not show the top of image anymore:
ezgif2537206868.gif

• I get FCs: http://hastebin.com/raw/veloyimupo
  • A small nice addition would have an about section in settings with a changlog tab, currently changelog only appears on first run.
  • Also, I am having problems on opening the link in settings check for updates, I get:

But, no page loads!
Update:
They appear but without a tab placeholder, so you need to swipe to get to them.
Screenshot20150721232433.png

Shouldn't they a have a tab opened? Bug?
After FCs when I reopened app tabs appear, so indeed a bug:
Screenshot20150721234157.png

Thanks for all the reports, we'll take a close look at it. Props for attaching the log :) :good:

Regards.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

L-ViZ

Oct 31, 2010
Hessia
can´t import bookmarks on latest version. it´s greyed out and i can´t select my bookmarks. the bookmark-file is created by chrome (html)

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Unfortunately the problem remains also in beta. Maybe there is a conflict with my tablet. I don't know.
However it's a good browser and i'll continue to use it (except for videos ).

Can you try that on some other device, I think some Tablets do not allow hiding Navigation Bar due to Framework design. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards.

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
Nice and fast but, no incognito browsing and inability to turn off crashalitycs or "send error to developer" makes it a big no no for me. Uninstaling, keep up the good work.

privateBrowsing got deprecated in API 17, as you can see in the link and I have no other way to add it to the application.
Also, the only data crashlytics uses is crash data, which helps me find bugs and then fix them, as most of the users do not report them. It proves to be useful to check out how many users face the crash on their devices, reporting severity of the bug based on crash priority.
I can do nothing to help, but may add an option for the user to enable/disable sending logs.

Regards.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

Thunderbottom

Jun 8, 2015
got it working now. but had to use xplore, stock/internal filemanager didnt work.

at least it works :)

btw, thx for the browser. i really like it :)

Stock filemanager works just fine for me, it opens up the "Documents" application which basically browses through your folders. Glad to hear that it works for you though :)

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

NFKARVc.png

This Project has officially been discontinued. The reason is that I don't have time to work on this anymore. It was actually started as a fun project just to learn new stuff about programming in Android and with the overwhelming response, I just went on to learn more. But now, due to little or no time I cannot continue and have decided to discontinue this project for good.
    If anyone would like to take over on my behalf, they are free to do so. Just make sure to keep the license intact. It has been a great time learning stuff and I sure have learnt a lot from this thing. To all those who have helped me and this application be a lot better, I'd like to thank you and I appreciate your support.​

Those who're looking for a new, bright start, can check out Cornowser, started as a project by fellow developer of UBP.

Also, the source code is still on GitHub, if you'd like to mess around with it.
    Now has been licensed as "Beerware", meaning you can do whatever you want with the code. You can also still download the stable & beta versions from the downloads tab of this page.​

It has been a fun ride with you all, and I hope we can meet soon with a new project :)

Regards,
    Thunderbottom

XDA:DevDB Information
    UltimateBrowserProject, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    balzathor, takahirom, xdvs23
    Source Code: https://github.com/Thunderbottom/UltimateBrowserProject

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4.6
    Stable Release Date: 2015-12-24
    Beta Release Date: 2015-07-21

Created 2015-06-09
    Last Updated 2015-12-28
    Changelog-

Added Application Source Code
    Check out the source code here

v1.2.3.
    • Added JSoup support for HTML Bookmark import
    • Minor Bug Fixes where tab would close on swipe from top

v1.2.4.
    • Added Readability Mode.
    • Added Workaround Fix for horizontal scroll bar showing when any webpage is launched from Home.
    • Minor Code Tweaks.
    • Snappier and more responsive.
    • Increased speed when switching webpages with volume buttons.

v1.2.4r2.
    • Fixed HTML Import crash.
    • Reduced JSoup dependency and added custom method.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.2.5.
    • Cleared unused codes.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.
    • Used ViewUnit instead of ContextCompat.

v1.3.0.
    • Updated Host File for better ad blocking.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.3.1.
    • Minor Bug Fixes.
    • Added a Forward button to the address bar on user request. (Requested by @nereis)

v1.3.2.
    • Added ACRA for In-App Log Reporting.

v1.3.3.
    • Added OTA Support for future releases.

v1.3.4.
    • Fixed OTA Update download. Now newer updates will be provided OTA.
    • Added Swipe to Change Tabs. Now you can swipe the Address Bar to switch tabs.

v1.3.5.
    • Added Custom User Agent Support in Application Settings!
    • Committed first OTA Update.

v1.3.6.
    • Added Permanent fix for download crash bug
    • Fixed scroll bar display bug while loading pages.
    • Now get Changelog in app itself!
    • Added more IME support.

v1.4.0.
    • Added Omnibox control to enable/disable swipe to switch tabs.
    • Fixed Google Play linking bug.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.
    • Increased exit time to 1800 from 512.

v1.4.1.
    • Added Text Reflow settings.
    • Now browser automatically goes to landscape mode when video plays.
    • Fixed Minor Bugs.

v1.4.2.
    • Added Crashlytics and Removed ACRA.
    • Added Fabric.io integration.
    • Cleaned a few Strings, Application "Version" in settings now has an easter egg.

v1.4.3.
    • Added Localizations for many languages.
    • OTA Update will now download the latest available version.
    • Minor Changes to the Keyboard layout.

v1.4.4.
    • Added More Localisations.
    • Icon is now Materialized. Thanks to davimount.

v1.4.5. Downsized to 691 KB
    • Added Localizations for more languages.
    • Fixed minor bugs.

v1.4.6.
    • Fixed a few bugs.
    • Corrected Traditional Chinese translations.
    • Added Responsive Heads Up notification for devices with Lollipop.
    • Now you can save any link as a file. Long press a link or select 'Save Link As' option from the three dot menu.

v1.0-ß.
    • Fixed bugs.
    • Added Fullscreen mode.
    • Added Deep-Linking.
    • Now opens HTML File.
    • Restore Tabs from Last session.
    • Omnibox Hides on Page Scroll. BUG- Bottom Omnibox scrolling animation needs tweaking. Workaround - Set Omnibox position to Top in Application Settings.

v2.0.
    • New automatic tinting.
    • New animations.
    • Fixed a crash while switching tabs.
    • Fixed download for Android Marshmallow (6.0).
    • Added German, Bengali Translations.
    • Added Dark Theme.
    • Added better StackTrace generator for app crash.
    • Now you can Print any document using Google Cloud Print.
    • Fixed animations for hiding Omnibox.
    • Fixed Screenshot on Lollipop (5.0) and up - Some devices still don't capture the whole page correctly.
    • Lots of bugfixes!
    Work very good on LG Spirit 4G
    Android 5.0.1
    But need black theme.
    This white make my eyes cry

Wysłane z mojego LG-H440n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Black theme is on the way in the new update :)

Regards
    I found a browser called Falkon ++ and it seems to be based off of this. I can't find anything different between the two though

Thanks for letting me know. Although, I can't help much of it as my application is open-sourced. Due to real life problems, I might stop developing this, but there is a new update coming up pretty soon, and we'll see how that goes and its future depends on the second Beta. So I don't care much if people steal it, I did it for fun, some might as well make money off it, but that's a part of life and you got to move on and have no regrets :)

Regards.
    Updated to v.2.0.

For a list of Changes, view Post #2