[ROM] [5.1.x] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• audio lag in some games
  • dialer shows an ugly screen on incoming calls
  • drm support is broken (e.g. play movies)
  • package manager sometimes installs x86 libs when it needs arm libs (causes some apps to not work at all)
  • selinux enforcing mode
  • sim 2 cannot be disabled
  • sim 2 audio quality issues when also on a call on sim 1 (unconfirmed)
  • USB UMS (Mass Storage) - Killed off for now, MTP works just fine

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
model #
CPU Speed / RAM Size
device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

Recovery Links

Z00A
CM Recovery CM Recovery @ download.codefi.re/jrior001
theSSJ's TWRP: XDA thread
Official TWRP: TWRP.ME
Unofficial F2FS TWRP: jrior001's unofficial twrp

Z008
Official TWRP: TWRP.ME - PENDING ACCEPTANCE

Google apps addon:
Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.

Flashable Modem updates:
Currently only supported in jrior001's unofficial TWRP
May or may not work in others

** see this post for more info **
Intel stores some modem firmware in the OTA's in a file labeled "ifwi.zip"
These are flashable zips to receive the updated firmware while staying on custom ROMS
**THIS IS A ONE WAY PROCEDURE, JUST LIKE THE OTA's THERE IS NO KNOWN WAY
TO FLASH BACK TO EARLIER MODEM FIRMWARE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

IF you still wish to proceed, current flashable ifwi zips are available HERE for Z00A AND Z008

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
crpalmer, jrior001, hharte
Source Code: https://github.com/CM-zenfone2

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 2.19.40.22 stock base

Version Information

Created 2015-07-24
Last Updated 2015-10-02

Last edited:

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
FAQ

Does Official TWRP work?
* Only if they have the device called Z00A. As of the initial release the official TWRP did not but will likely soon be named properly.
* If it doesn't work,arecovery from the OP.

Can I use a custom kernel with these builds?
* No, there are no custom kernels build based off of our source tree, using our defconfig and which contain the proper ramdisk.
*Also, doing so makes any feedback useless to us because the kernel and the ROM are a complete package and changing part of that means you may have broken something beyond our control.

Will this be an Official ROM?
* When all the show stopping bugs are fixed and all the upstream commits are merged, yes.
* Until then, no because CyanogenMod has very high standards for accepting new devices.

What about the Z008 aka ze550ml?
* Right now none of the developers who are working on the development own one and therefore we can't support it.
* One of the developers working on this said he was purchasing one (even though he already owns the ze551ml). When he gets it and has time to work on it we may see it. Without us owning the device though, there will never be support for it.

Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
* Yes.

Last edited:

Christopher876

May 24, 2015
West Palm Beach
Please someone give me a review.
How about memory leak?
How about battery?
Thankyou very much :)

I am using the 2gb/16gb ZE551ML and I have around 600-1gbmb free at any given time (OS is only doing around 800mb-1gb so I'd imagine the 4gb should have 3gb+ free). Now battery life, loving it, around 1% every 5-7 minutes with the screen on :)

Last edited:

Aceofzeroz

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Whoop, there it is! :D:D:D;):thumbup:

Cannot confirm but there should be an official twrp update later today that will for sure.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA Free mobile app

Whoop, there it is! :cool::cool::cool::D:p

FINALLY, thank you both so much for all your hard work, including @TheSSJ! :eek::cool:

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk

ansebovi

working

ok i can confirm that @TheSSJ twrp flashed CM successfully[made a clean wipe other than microsd]
mtp is buggy for me sadly,cant transfer more than 1 file
camera totally black..maybe i doing something wrong.. my bad,have to wait for few seconds,,camera working
as said by op,first boot not showing sims,,have to restart
wifi,bluetooth,network,message,settings are working....others didnt check

and thanks for everyone who made the hardwork for this CM12.1 :)
using ZE551ML 2gb version

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-10.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 3,818
  • Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-14.png
    76 KB · Views: 3,522
  • Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-20.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 3,649
  • Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-55-25.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,654
  • Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-56-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-56-23.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3,320
  • Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-56-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-24-17-56-30.png
    185.9 KB · Views: 3,539
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• audio lag in some games
    • dialer shows an ugly screen on incoming calls
    • drm support is broken (e.g. play movies)
    • package manager sometimes installs x86 libs when it needs arm libs (causes some apps to not work at all)
    • selinux enforcing mode
    • sim 2 cannot be disabled
    • sim 2 audio quality issues when also on a call on sim 1 (unconfirmed)
    • USB UMS (Mass Storage) - Killed off for now, MTP works just fine

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
    model #
    CPU Speed / RAM Size
    device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
    method to reproduce if you've found something consistent

Download Links

CyanogenMod for Z00A/ ze551ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

CyanogenMod for Z008/ ze550ml: ROM @ download.crpalmer.org

Recovery Links

Z00A
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME

Z008
    Official TWRP: TWRP.ME - PENDING ACCEPTANCE

Google apps addon:
    Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.

Flashable Modem updates:
    Currently only supported in jrior001's unofficial TWRP
    May or may not work in others

** see this post for more info **
    Intel stores some modem firmware in the OTA's in a file labeled "ifwi.zip"
    These are flashable zips to receive the updated firmware while staying on custom ROMS
    **THIS IS A ONE WAY PROCEDURE, JUST LIKE THE OTA's THERE IS NO KNOWN WAY
    TO FLASH BACK TO EARLIER MODEM FIRMWARE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION**

IF you still wish to proceed, current flashable ifwi zips are available HERE for Z00A AND Z008

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    crpalmer, jrior001, hharte
    Source Code: https://github.com/CM-zenfone2

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 2.19.40.22 stock base

Version Information

Created 2015-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-10-02
    Reserved

Known issues are know in the first post so that all the maintainers can updated it and keep it current.
    FAQ

Does Official TWRP work?
    * Only if they have the device called Z00A. As of the initial release the official TWRP did not but will likely soon be named properly.
    * If it doesn't work,arecovery from the OP.

Can I use a custom kernel with these builds?
    * No, there are no custom kernels build based off of our source tree, using our defconfig and which contain the proper ramdisk.
    *Also, doing so makes any feedback useless to us because the kernel and the ROM are a complete package and changing part of that means you may have broken something beyond our control.

Will this be an Official ROM?
    * When all the show stopping bugs are fixed and all the upstream commits are merged, yes.
    * Until then, no because CyanogenMod has very high standards for accepting new devices.

What about the Z008 aka ze550ml?
    * Right now none of the developers who are working on the development own one and therefore we can't support it.
    * One of the developers working on this said he was purchasing one (even though he already owns the ze551ml). When he gets it and has time to work on it we may see it. Without us owning the device though, there will never be support for it.

Do I need to unlock the bootloader?
    * Yes.
    It's "all hands on deck" for M bring up at this point, as soon as M is up and useable we'll revisit any pending issues including BT. Keep in mind both crpalmer and myself support multiple devices so our time is split between them.

We've seen M boot on this device but no where near useable yet, all the things are very much broken. More updates when things work more better.

Sent from my N5206 using Tapatalk
    For tomorrow's build I have added support for the touch screens GLOVE MODE feature. With cooler weather approaching, and a timely example dumped in my lap, it seemed like a good time to add this. Look for new setting under language & input settings, labeled "High touch sensitivity".

Also I've started work on a full control panel for the screen-off gestures. I mostly plan to follow the stock gesture actions, anywhere I can't I'll try to add something useful.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk