By DevShaft, Senior Member on 23rd May 2013, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2015, 09:03 AM |#1931  
Flag Cuttack
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstation_12000

ok another update....somehow i managed to go past usb debugging screen. removed the sony pc companion....installed sony z ultra ADB drivers, reconnected the device and started backup TA. it took a successful backup. then I tried to test the back using the option restore -dry run. but after running that function i came up with this error. now what is this? should i ignore this error?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroprez26

For me too.
I'm Windows 10 user.
What I can do?

I have tried this on windows 10 64bit, I am pretty sure it'll work on 32 bit too.
Download the zipped find.exe in the attachment.
Replace it with "find.exe" in the following directory
Code:
Backup-TA-9.11\tools
Attached Files
File Type: zip find.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.0 KB, 2562 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to lunu1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lunu1997 Ad-Free

28th July 2015, 04:04 PM |#1932  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D395267

It looks like you are trying to restore the keys whilst on a custom kernel.
Please don't do that. Only restore the keys when on official, unmodified stock kernel.
And the USB port, that must be a hardware issue. My sister's S4 had the exact same issue (I know it isn't the same device, but the problems are nigh identical) and having the USB port replaced did the trick.
I recommend that you get the USB port checked out first before you do anything else. You don't want the connection to die whilst flashing, unless you want a new paperweight

Well... didn't believe anymore that someone would answer to it... but coincidently, I really solved it. And it wasn't even difficult... but really strange.
The whole reason was the cable. I found out (only 3 days ago) that when I connect the phone to my cars USB-Port (for charging actually) my phone tells me about an ADB connection. So I though I should try again on my PC... but it didn't work. So I tried it with the semi broken cable from the car (instead of 2 (!!!) different ORIGINAL Sony cables that I tried before)... and it worked. Whyever... no idea. I mean... I tried those Sony cables before... and they always worked... on any USB Port... so no idea why this was the case now.

...sometimes strange things happen....

...but thx for your reply! I didn't try restoring before that.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomcatoggo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomcatoggo Ad-Free
1st August 2015, 01:32 PM |#1933  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunu1997

I have tried this on windows 10 64bit, I am pretty sure it'll work on 32 bit too.

Code:
Backup-TA-9.11\tools

Sorry man, but don't work for me.
My Windows did not recognize the file.

Enviado de meu D6503 usando Tapatalk
1st August 2015, 02:31 PM |#1934  
Flag Cuttack

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroprez26

Sorry man, but don't work for me.
My Windows did not recognize the file.

You can use your own find.exe from here C:\Windows\System32\find.exe
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lunu1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lunu1997 Ad-Free
1st August 2015, 03:37 PM |#1935  
Flag Townsville
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Code:
Backup-TA-9.11\tools

Your fix may have not worked for the other user, but it worked for me. Also running windows 10 64bit. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to pezza10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pezza10 Ad-Free
1st August 2015, 03:51 PM |#1936  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:

You can use your own find.exe from here C:\Windows\System32\find.exe

Yes Man!!!!!! Works!!!!!!
Thank you so much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leandroprez26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leandroprez26 Ad-Free
6th August 2015, 08:13 AM |#1937  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
screenshot

failed to copy 'tmpbak\TA.img' to 'sdcard/restoreTA.img': Permission denied

Can anyone help,

I keep getting this error when I try to restore my TA partition. The Rom is the new Sony LP 5.1.1 23.4.A.0.546 FW customized CH rom and I have tried restoring the TA with the bootloader locked and unlocked and still get this same error with Backup TA 9.11. The backup I am trying to restore is from the same phone so not sure what is going on.

Thanks.
10th August 2015, 02:31 PM |#1938  
Flag You wish to know :P
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:

Code:
Backup-TA-9.11\tools

THANKS man for this info. I **** my pants because i use Win10 and got this message. I thougt my backup was ****ed but you saved me.. THANKS
13th August 2015, 06:55 PM |#1939  
Flag Cuttack

More
flash back to any 4.4 ftf, root your phone, then restore your ta
15th August 2015, 05:55 PM |#1940  
Flag Langenau
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasrepus

In case there are any other Linux or MacOS users waiting for a port of this… you can use FlashTool in the meanwhile. I used FlashTool 0.9.16 to backup my trim area partition (AKA TA partition).

Launch FlashTool, and turn on Pro Mode.

Under the Advanced Menu, pick Trim Area, then Backup (do not use S1 Dump).

The backup will be saved as an FTA file somewhere inside FlashTool's directory, which is actually a ZIP file. Peek into the file and you'll see the 2 MiB partition (ta.dd) backed up.

As Linux user I did the backup of the trim area with flashtool as suggested by tamasrepus.
Can somebody confirm, that's all I need to restore my keys (if I want to lock the bootloader later...)?
16th August 2015, 05:34 PM |#1941  
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 684

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokurt815

As Linux user I did the backup of the trim area with flashtool as suggested by tamasrepus.
Can somebody confirm, that's all I need to restore my keys (if I want to lock the bootloader later...)?

This is devshafts tool converted for Linux users
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...SGIrv_kpe13o-Q
The Following User Says Thank You to NABENDU1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NABENDU1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, partition, restore, trim area
Previous Thread Next Thread