FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,588 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,532

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2015, 10:22 PM |#10021  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Hello, I love your app and have been very content with it so I haven't checked the thread in a while. I'm on 5.10 and went to update to the current version and it seems to install as a separate app. Is there anyway to transfer my settings from the previous version to the current? And should I update to the most current or 5.3.7? I saw people were having root issues. Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to 12gage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 12gage Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 10:42 PM |#10022  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage

Hello, I love your app and have been very content with it so I haven't checked the thread in a while. I'm on 5.10 and went to update to the current version and it seems to install as a separate app. Is there anyway to transfer my settings from the previous version to the current? And should I update to the most current or 5.3.7? I saw people were having root issues. Thanks in advance.

Go to settings -> modify settings -> export. All your themes, bookmarks and setting are gonna be saved into a xml file. Now install the new MiXplorer version and open that xml, choose import and enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belyava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift belyava Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 11:16 PM |#10023  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

Go to settings -> modify settings -> export. All your themes, bookmarks and setting are gonna be saved into a xml file. Now install the new MiXplorer version and open that xml, choose import and enjoy

Sorry for correcting you, but it's a .micfg file, not xml.

Sent from my GT-S5360 (Galaxy Y)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erriperry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erriperry Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 11:48 PM |#10024  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

Quote:
Originally Posted by erriperry

Sweet!! Thank you both
29th July 2015, 06:45 AM |#10025  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Where is our man these days
The Following User Says Thank You to sachin273 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sachin273 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 08:43 AM |#10026  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erriperry

Yep, it's me being stupid again! Thanks
29th July 2015, 02:29 PM |#10027  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
it seems Hootan has very busy days...

- is it possible to add OGG support to media player?

- if media player could play musics shared in Telegram app? when I open a music file from Telegram with Mixplorer, I see "failed".
The Following User Says Thank You to aminima For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aminima Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 10:16 PM |#10028  
Thanks Meter: 292

More
A clarification on file permissions...,
@Mr Hootan.

I hope you could clarify something for me, it's regarding file permissions.
If, for example, I were to edit the build prop file on the fly, the permissions change from root/root to app#../sd....
I usually change this back to root/root before i reboot. I wonder if this step is necessary? I have attached the relevant pictures for illustration.

ps: This is hands down the best file explorer I have ever used. Very grateful for this application. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-30-04-14-20.png
Views:	816
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	3422707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-30-04-05-04.png
Views:	824
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	3422708  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madsurgeon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madsurgeon Ad-Free
30th July 2015, 07:08 AM |#10029  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
When my I open mixplorer, The default location is in SD card, how can I change it to internal memory?
30th July 2015, 08:52 AM |#10030  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,672

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelestiel

When my I open mixplorer, The default location is in SD card, how can I change it to internal memory?

Go to Root then hold on the tab and select Set as default.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsurgeon

@Mr Hootan.

I hope you could clarify something for me, it's regarding file permissions.
If, for example, I were to edit the build prop file on the fly, the permissions change from root/root to app#../sd....
I usually change this back to root/root before i reboot. I wonder if this step is necessary? I have attached the relevant pictures for illustration.

ps: This is hands down the best file explorer I have ever used. Very grateful for this application. Thank you.

No need to change it. I have app_87 & sdcard_rw and everything is working fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
30th July 2015, 11:32 AM |#10031  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs up
I tried it, UI is smoothly.

But there is a trouble for most people in China who can't connect to google drive when they want to add language package or theme package.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToolWiz Privacy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToolWiz Privacy Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)