FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2014, 04:39 AM |#281  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So.. new first time android and kindle user here. I just received my kindle today. After a few hours of reading, I've managed to come pretty far.

Thus far I have my stock rom backed up and I'm running flashed THOR GAPPS on romslot 1 Got everything working...but now I realized I didn't partition enough space for all my compulsive app downloading. Is there anyway to expand the partition size of my rom 1 data slot now? Since I keep getting messages that I don't have enough space to download apps.
12th February 2014, 06:44 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
What's the best way for me to clean up the stock rom so that it's as small as possible when I make my backup? My current backup is 3.8gb. When I installed Hashcode's OS onto Rom Slot 1 I notice it's only ~800mb. Is it fare to compare my 3.8gb backup to Hashcode's OS file?

If there's a way for me to regain 3gb of space by stripping out the stock rom and making another backup then I'd like to try.
18th February 2014, 04:13 AM |#283  

More
Wifi turn on, HDX reboot
I had flashed Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop into my HDX 7" and it has worked good for 2 weeks. But yesterday, when I turn off wifi, renamed the file com.amazon.dcp.apk to com.amazon.dcp.apk.old for preventing update from Amazon, the device could not turn on Wifi anymore. Whenever i turn on wifi, the device reboot and Wifi still turned off. I worked on a ROM-1 in safetrap with thor-gapps-installer-1.zip. When I switch to Stock ROM with rooted and HDXPosed module installed, the Wifi issue did not appear. Anyone meet this problem ?
18th February 2014, 09:35 AM |#284  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I had that problem too when I went to airplane mode to try and prevent the update. These Kindles are really touchy or sensitive I guess. Just keep trying that's what I did and it finally came back on.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 09:58 AM |#285  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech6

I had that problem too when I went to airplane mode to try and prevent the update. These Kindles are really touchy or sensitive I guess. Just keep trying that's what I did and it finally came back on.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Did you recreate ROM-slot 1 and flash Gapps or only undo rename the file ?
18th February 2014, 02:35 PM |#286  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
After factory reset, I re-created the Rom slot with Hashcode's stock file and also flashed Gapps in Rom slot only. Stock Rom I installed Gapps w/o the use of Thor Capps. Can't remember if I had the same problem on stock Rom. Have to see and get back with you on that.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
18th February 2014, 09:37 PM |#287  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Google hangouts no microphone
Same here, microphone doesn't work in hangouts. I tried installing some 3rd party apps to tune mic volume, but none worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holeshot77

Yeah confirmed..microphone doesn't work in hangouts video.

Sent from my KFAPWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Still can't get live wallpapers to work.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Still can't find any xposed app's to completely mod the status bar.

5th August 2015, 11:37 PM |#288  

More
error "google play services has stoped" pups up every 3-5 seconds
hello there, newbies question. kindle fire hdx 7" 13.3.1.0 original stock (never upgraded yet),
used HDX ToolKit v0.95 to root with towelroot, installed SuperUser, HDXposed (Framework + Module),
safestrap v3.72

used Free Kindle APK to install:
Google Apps Setup --> Account and Sync Settings; Google Login Service; Google Services Framework; Google Voice Search Lib.

Google Apps --> Android Market (Google Play 1/2) and Android Market Update (Google Play 2/2); Google Play Store.

problems: error "google play services has stoped", shows up every 3-5 seconds.

question: i downloaded update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin and renamed to update.zip and put it kindle sdcard into kindleupdate directory.
also created backup of stock.
if i will use safestrap: wipe --> Advances wipe --> Dalvick Cache, Data, Cache, System.
after Wiping, go back to main Menu of Recovery and Restore the Backup

Q1. will it work for me if --> Recovery and Restore the Backup from created backup of stock from TWRP folder??

Q2. will work for me if --> safestrap --> install --> directory with update.zip (file update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin and renamed to update.zip)??

scary to brick it. thanks for any advice
6th August 2015, 06:48 AM |#289  
Thanks Meter: 9,350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda-beginner

hello there, newbies question. kindle fire hdx 7" 13.3.1.0 original stock (never upgraded yet),
used HDX ToolKit v0.95 to root with towelroot, installed SuperUser, HDXposed (Framework + Module),
safestrap v3.72

used Free Kindle APK to install:
Google Apps Setup --> Account and Sync Settings; Google Login Service; Google Services Framework; Google Voice Search Lib.

Google Apps --> Android Market (Google Play 1/2) and Android Market Update (Google Play 2/2); Google Play Store.

problems: error "google play services has stoped", shows up every 3-5 seconds.

question: i downloaded update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin and renamed to update.zip and put it kindle sdcard into kindleupdate directory.
also created backup of stock.
if i will use safestrap: wipe --> Advances wipe --> Dalvick Cache, Data, Cache, System.
after Wiping, go back to main Menu of Recovery and Restore the Backup

Q1. will it work for me if --> Recovery and Restore the Backup from created backup of stock from TWRP folder??

Q2. will work for me if --> safestrap --> install --> directory with update.zip (file update-kindle-13.3.1.0_user_310079820.bin and renamed to update.zip)??

scary to brick it. thanks for any advice

Congrats on your successes so far. You have accomplished a lot and still have a functioning device. That may sound sarcastic; it's not meant to be but you are certainly living on the edge. A good chunk of your actions are 'off script' which usually leads to unpleasant outcomes on an HDX.

Short answer: Google Play Service and FireOS don't get along for obvious reasons. A fair bit of effort is needed to get the basic services working and it can all come undone with an update to Amazon or Google's framework which happens rather frequently.

My guidance: abandon your current path in favor of unlocking your bootloader, installing 'native' twrp (forget safestrap) and one of several roms tweaked to work on HDX: Nexus v4, CM11 or CM12. All fully support Google Services along with Amazon apps available in the Play store. You can even run FireOS v4 although that takes a bit more work. An unlocked bootloader is the only way to recover from most bricks and the only way to get the latest roms on your device.
6th August 2015, 01:13 PM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Congrats on your successes so far. You have accomplished a lot and still have a functioning device. That may sound sarcastic; it's not meant to be but you are certainly living on the edge. A good chunk of your actions are 'off script' which usually leads to unpleasant outcomes on an HDX.

Short answer: Google Play Service and FireOS don't get along for obvious reasons. A fair bit of effort is needed to get the basic services working and it can all come undone with an update to Amazon or Google's framework which happens rather frequently.

My guidance: abandon your current path in favor of unlocking your bootloader, installing 'native' twrp (forget safestrap) and one of several roms tweaked to work on HDX: Nexus v4, CM11 or CM12. All fully support Google Services along with Amazon apps available in the Play store. You can even run FireOS v4 although that takes a bit more work. An unlocked bootloader is the only way to recover from most bricks and the only way to get the latest roms on your device.

Two chairs, one opinion.
@xda-beginner: please don't double/crosspost.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)