Remove All Ads from XDA

[WinApp][Updated 28 April] Android x86 Easy Installer

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 301

Post Reply Email Thread
9th March 2015, 10:57 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've tried a few iso versions but non seem to give me the option to boot into android after install, I get a bcdedit error saying this operation is not allowed.

Any idea's?
Note : I've tried installing from disc but android won't recognize my hard drive partitions "can't make changes either", I'm using windows 7 64bit HP Pavilion G

7th August 2015, 10:03 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 720

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGTX

I think you have a Windows 8 laptop which use UEFI and SecureBoot
till now these devices are not supported

Hi @ExtremeGTX,

Your work is really precious.. I think your app is the easiest way to install Android on Windows installed PCs. Today i installed "android-x86-4.4-r3" on my PC over "Windows 10" with your "Android Easy Installer v1.2" and it seems working.. I haven't tested all the features and the components one by one but at least i could able to install Android without issues.

I think lots of people wait for your UEFI supported Android Installer app. If you could do it we will really appreciate it. I have an Acer Iconia W4-820 tablet with UEFI system and i tried many different methods that i could find on the net, but i couldn't able to install Android on my tablet till now. It always give error.. So, my request is if you are still developing on this area and if you have enough time, making your app compatible with UEFI, would be a perfect work. And i think if you could achieve this project, your app will be trendtopic app in development sites and it will be a really useful app for lots of desperate tablet owners that are not able to install Android on their tablet yet.

Thanks in advance.. And good luck during your developements..
The Following User Says Thank You to lawyer_06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lawyer_06 Ad-Free
9th August 2015, 09:46 PM |#123  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyer_06

Hi @ExtremeGTX,

Your work is really precious.. I think your app is the easiest way to install Android on Windows installed PCs. Today i installed "android-x86-4.4-r3" on my PC over "Windows 10" with your "Android Easy Installer v1.2" and it seems working.. I haven't tested all the features and the components one by one but at least i could able to install Android without issues.

I think lots of people wait for your UEFI supported Android Installer app. If you could do it we will really appreciate it. I have an Acer Iconia W4-820 tablet with UEFI system and i tried many different methods that i could find on the net, but i couldn't able to install Android on my tablet till now. It always give error.. So, my request is if you are still developing on this area and if you have enough time, making your app compatible with UEFI, would be a perfect work. And i think if you could achieve this project, your app will be trendtopic app in development sites and it will be a really useful app for lots of desperate tablet owners that are not able to install Android on their tablet yet.

Thanks in advance.. And good luck during your developements..

Thanks for your support and your comment, appreciate this
Actually i started working on UEFI support, the goal of this app to install Android-x86 without corrupting device boot process.

The problem about UEFI support can be divided into 2 points:
1. Android-x86 team add EFI Linux Kernel (Done, Thanks to the team)
2. Chainload Android from Windows boot manager (Complex to solve)

Till now what i have reached is making UEFI call grub instead of windows boot manager, and user will get two options (Windows, Android).
This solution is working but it is not safe and grub may fail to boot on some devices, maybe we can have new installer release (for UEFI Devices) after a lot of testing and it will be for specific devices which have been tested and has no issues at all.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to devices like Surface 2/3 or Acer Iconia. just testing on my UEFI PC and this is not sufficient test.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExtremeGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGTX Ad-Free
9th August 2015, 11:35 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 720

More
Quote:

Thanks for your support and your comment, appreciate this
Actually i started working on UEFI support, the goal of this app to install Android-x86 without corrupting device boot process.

The problem about UEFI support can be divided into 2 points:
1. Android-x86 team add EFI Linux Kernel (Done, Thanks to the team)
2. Chainload Android from Windows boot manager (Complex to solve)

Till now what i have reached is making UEFI call grub instead of windows boot manager, and user will get two options (Windows, Android).
This solution is working but it is not safe and grub may fail to boot on some devices, maybe we can have new installer release (for UEFI Devices) after a lot of testing and it will be for specific devices which have been tested and has no issues at all.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to devices like Surface 2/3 or Acer Iconia. just testing on my UEFI PC and this is not sufficient test.

Thanks

Thanks for your response and for all your efforts..

It is very good to see that you are still working on this project.. I wish wholeheartedly you succeed.. Because as i said before, your app makes the Android installation on Windows process really easy and without any problem..

Good luck, and please inform us on every new progress you have succeeded.. Because lots of tablet owners that want to install Android on Windows, wait something easy like your app impatiently..

Thanks..
The Following User Says Thank You to lawyer_06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lawyer_06 Ad-Free
11th October 2015, 12:24 AM |#125  
OP Senior Member

More
Hey Guys,
Good News
Here is the UEFI Version of the Android Installer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-uefi-t3222483

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExtremeGTX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeGTX Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 02:56 PM |#126  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Running windows 10 64-bit. Legacy boot mode. Dell Inspiron 3521 Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Successfully installed.
Selected Android from the list (other option was windows 10)
Shows some lists
an underscore keeps blinking
android doesnt boot up
when i pressed enter, it appeared like i'm running shell/terminal command with root privileges
it was something like this: root@android x86: # (Don't remember properly)
uninstalled

re-installed on another drive with lesser data space.
same thing happened.

uninstalled

now my problem is that first of all, it didnt work (maybe because of windows 10)
second, now i am still getting android OS boot options along with windows 10

my first preference is to run android on my lappy
second is to remove the several faulty android OS boot options

PLEASE HELP ME. WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANDROID WORK INDEPENDENTLY ON PC
29th November 2015, 07:04 PM |#127  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shripal17

Running windows 10 64-bit. Legacy boot mode. Dell Inspiron 3521 Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Successfully installed.
Selected Android from the list (other option was windows 10)
Shows some lists
an underscore keeps blinking
android doesnt boot up
when i pressed enter, it appeared like i'm running shell/terminal command with root privileges
it was something like this: root@android x86: # (Don't remember properly)
uninstalled

re-installed on another drive with lesser data space.
same thing happened.

uninstalled

now my problem is that first of all, it didnt work (maybe because of windows 10)
second, now i am still getting android OS boot options along with windows 10

my first preference is to run android on my lappy
second is to remove the several faulty android OS boot options

PLEASE HELP ME. WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANDROID WORK INDEPENDENTLY ON PC

I think the GPU Boot options isn't correctly set.
when you get that black screen (GRUB Bootloader) press 'e' to edit the boot command-line then do the following:
Try add or delete one or both of the following option to kernel command line:
nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android
After should be
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android nomodeset xforcevesa
Uninstall:
open Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Android

if you still have the boot option, do the following:
open cmd as admin
type: bcdedit.exe
you will see identifier of Android Boot Entry (something like: {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx})
now type: bcdedit /delete {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx}
30th November 2015, 05:43 AM |#128  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:

when you get that black screen (GRUB Bootloader) press 'e' to edit the boot command-line then do the following:
nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification

Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android
After should be
Code:
kernel /Android/kernel root=/dev/ram0 USE_SQUASHFS=0 quiet androidboot.hardware=eeepc acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode SRC=/Android nomodeset xforcevesa
Uninstall:

open cmd as admin
you will see identifier of Android Boot Entry (something like: {xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxx})

Thanks a lot sir. I'll try doing this right away in a while and update here the results

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Quote:

nomodeset
xforcevesa

Example:
Before modification

Code:
After should be
Code:
Uninstall:

open cmd as admin

I tried the following configurations:
without both
with only nomodeset
with only xforcevesa
with both was the default config i found, which i edited to the above three
nothing happened. android didnt boot up. when i removed nomodeset, the screen resolution was increased and text appeared in full resolution

what should i do now?

i used the 5.1 rc iso

should i switch to 4.0 eeepc?
3rd December 2015, 07:11 AM |#129  
Flag Mumbai

More
Please help me
5th December 2015, 02:43 PM |#130  
Flag Behind You
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shripal17

Thanks a lot sir. I'll try doing this right away in a while and update here the results

---------- Post added at 05:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

I tried the following configurations:
without both
with only nomodeset
with only xforcevesa
with both was the default config i found, which i edited to the above three
nothing happened. android didnt boot up. when i removed nomodeset, the screen resolution was increased and text appeared in full resolution

what should i do now?

i used the 5.1 rc iso

should i switch to 4.0 eeepc?

same here. Try installing normally
5th December 2015, 03:54 PM |#131  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuillzToxic

same here. Try installing normally

Yes. Installed it normally. Created a new ext4 partition and installed it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)