[ROM][5.1.1][UNOFFICIAL][jfltexx]CarbonROM

Search This thread

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
Good work. Everything is working fine so far, exept Bluetooth. I have connected my phone with my smartwatch and Bluetooth stopped working after some minutes. Have to reboot to make it work again and after short time, it crashes again.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

I see! I will try to fix that ASAP

Edit: it is a generic bug with CyanogenMod... There's nothing me, you or anyone can do about it

Last edited:

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
The rom is well made, ok, but what is carbon rom so famous for? I do not see differences to slimLP.. Any great features? Active display is also a feature of slimLP. But nevertheless, it runs as it should ;) superb!

Gesendet mit meinem S4 SlimLP

It used to be better (A LOT BETTER) before the code went bad. It had many features like builtin dark mode like M preview and all. But after the re-coding it is not the same. I built this ROM thinking the old picture. :/

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
OnePlus 3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
It used to be better (A LOT BETTER) before the code went bad. It had many features like builtin dark mode like M preview and all. But after the re-coding it is not the same. I built this ROM thinking the old picture. :/

So it no longer has a dark mode? Thanks for letting me know, then I don't even have to try it again. I used the KK version for ages, mostly because of the dark mode. But I switched to another LP rom earlier this year when Carbon was still "hibernating" and if there's no longer a dark mode then I see no reason to ditch the great rom I'm on now.

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
So it no longer has a dark mode? Thanks for letting me know, then I don't even have to try it again. I used the KK version for ages, mostly because of the dark mode. But I switched to another LP rom earlier this year when Carbon was still "hibernating" and if there's no longer a dark mode then I see no reason to ditch the great rom I'm on now.

As you wish mate. Peace!

freibergisch

android M would be nice (dark mode f.e.), but this wants us to wait a lot of time again... Time to welcome the new OS :)

Until now, my phone has no errors and no reboots or freezes or whatever. So I wait for new roms from you :) how about multiwindow implementation or xposed? Would be good :)

Reactions: nikkpap

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
android M would be nice (dark mode f.e.), but this wants us to wait a lot of time again... Time to welcome the new OS :)

Until now, my phone has no errors and no reboots or freezes or whatever. So I wait for new roms from you :) how about multiwindow implementation or xposed? Would be good :)

I'm 90% sure that no one would port API 23 for 2 years old device. So I think we should get the M out of list Dark mode will be implemented soon, and Multiwindow won't be possible because it is 4.4-only feature (if you saw it on 5.1 tell me with the links. Thanks) and about Xposed. Will think and let ya know.

freibergisch

Yes our s4 is really old for latest APIs, what I absolutly do not unterstand.. I see the s4 development shrinking for months.. The s5 and 6 are now much more interesting.. Its a pity.. Our SoC is so great, 2gb of ram, too.. What a bad situation (too old).. Xposed is not a need but for someone a must ;)

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
Yes our s4 is really old for latest APIs, what I absolutly do not unterstand.. I see the s4 development shrinking for months.. The s5 and 6 are now much more interesting.. Its a pity.. Our SoC is so great, 2gb of ram, too.. What a bad situation (too old).. Xposed is not a need but for someone a must ;)

I wish I could maintain (unofficially) more than one ROM (I'd build LiquidSmooth). But my computer's hardware doesn't allow me. :(

ronron6665

Aug 12, 2012
Vitacura
www.facebook.com
I loved 4.4.4 Carbon! I will have to try this later :) I would now but I just flashed Blisspop today. I wish I saw this earlier. But you can bet in a day or to I will be rocking this ROM. Thanks for the port [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

freibergisch

I wish I could maintain (unofficially) more than one ROM (I'd build LiquidSmooth). But my computer's hardware doesn't allow me. :(
No octacore with 32gb of Ram? ;)
Yes it is difficult to maintain more roms, our hardwares are not that powerful.. But who cares! Your Rom works! If there are android M releases, you could update your sources and hopefully we get the new system.. But we have got a good carbon rom, what could we desire more? Works fine! Maybe a AOSP based rom, but is not necessary for now.. Be happy! :)

Oh and there occured an issue on my phone.. The swipe feature of aosp keyboard does not work.. Worked with slimlp but now it only shows the letters.. I checked the settings and they are correct.. So i have to look for other keyboard?

Last edited:

nikkpap

Jan 6, 2007
Thessaloniki
www.techmesh.co
The rom is fantastic but I have a major problem I have no connection with GSM 3g lte I get an exclamation mark only with WiFi my calls are working great my modem and bootloader are the latest I don't know what is wrong. With imperium 9.1 stock rom I have no issues at all

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
No octacore with 32gb of Ram? ;)
Yes it is difficult to maintain more roms, our hardwares are not that powerful.. But who cares! Your Rom works! If there are android M releases, you could update your sources and hopefully we get the new system.. But we have got a good carbon rom, what could we desire more? Works fine! Maybe a AOSP based rom, but is not necessary for now.. Be happy! :)

Oh and there occured an issue on my phone.. The swipe feature of aosp keyboard does not work.. Worked with slimlp but now it only shows the letters.. I checked the settings and they are correct.. So i have to look for other keyboard?

I'll look into it.

The rom is fantastic but I have a major problem I have no connection with GSM 3g lte I get an exclamation mark only with WiFi my calls are working great my modem and bootloader are the latest I don't know what is wrong. With imperium 9.1 stock rom I have no issues at all

I'm sorry for that... There's no APNs. You can either add your APN or wait for an hour cuz I'm building with APNs included. Sorry :)

Reactions: ronron6665

dreamliner77

Nov 20, 2011
Weymouth, MA
I'll look into it.
I'm sorry for that... There's no APNs. You can either add your APN or wait for an hour cuz I'm building with APNs included. Sorry :)

Can you include Straight Talk? Specifically:

Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
APN type: default,supl,mms
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified

MZO

Jan 5, 2015
Is there a new realease planned? So you could name this thread with the current roms date.. :)

It is made. Flashed it and smooth. Added ALL APNS of world (mostly)

Can you include Straight Talk? Specifically:

Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
APN type: default,supl,mms
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: unspecified

Included

Reactions: blachamlet

Maheshzx

May 17, 2013
Can someone tell me which camera has night mode? i'm skipping aosp roms because of no night mode in camera,i really need it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIND THIS PLEASE:
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

IMPORTANT:
    THIS ROM IS ONLY MEANT FOR S4 I9505 (QUALCOMM EURO VARIANTS) DO NOT TRY TO FLASH IT ON ANY OTHER DEVICE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! I WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT.

Download:
    ROM

Please do not mirror these. :)

GApps: I personally prefer these because they're lightweight and have what you need; though you can use any with API level 22 (5.1.x)

Flashing instructions and remainders:
    Please always do a clean flash when coming from another ROM
    Code:
    -Wipe system
    -Wipe cache
    -Wipe dalvik
    -Wipe data
    If you're upgrading then dirty flash will work
    Code:
    -Wipe system
    -Wipe cache
    -Wipe dalvik cache

Use latest version of TWRP
    ---------------------------------

Enjoy the ROM and please tell me what you think about it. :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    MZO
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CM, AICP, AOKP, Slim, Omni

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-08-12

Created 2015-08-10
    Last Updated 2015-09-21
    Reserved

Reserved
    Reserved

Added APNs in 12-08 build
    This is CM based? Because aosp roms seem to be more fluently than cm based roms.. I prefer AOSP Roms like PA and SlimLP.. But I could give this a try ;)

Yes! CM based. Has AMBIENT DISPLAY working!!!
    Good work. Everything is working fine so far, exept Bluetooth. I have connected my phone with my smartwatch and Bluetooth stopped working after some minutes. Have to reboot to make it work again and after short time, it crashes again.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

I see! I will try to fix that ASAP

Edit: it is a generic bug with CyanogenMod... There's nothing me, you or anyone can do about it