[ROOT][TOOL]Debugfs automated root [09/18/2012]

Search This thread

cturbos

Dec 13, 2008
I tried the method that the OP put on first page on my ASUS PadFone INFINITY but it does not work.Does any body know how to root my device?
Thank you:eek:

Can someone please help? I can't get past step 1 in the rooting.

attachment.php

I think I installed the drivers correctly:

attachment.php

The rooting window just closes by itself.

Last edited:

Flashben

Oct 12, 2010
Either open the script by admin or use motochopper to root....

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium

rfg13

Nov 13, 2010
Montreal
was unable to root. got a message "Rooting failed. Your device region may not be supported if you see this message again". I have canadian stock ROM K1_A301_02_02_110930_CA. How to flash US ROM? :confused:

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Can someone please help? I can't get past step 1 in the rooting.

attachment.php

I think I installed the drivers correctly:

attachment.php

The rooting window just closes by itself.

check here

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo3D

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
Most current and only supported root method right now is the motochopper root.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

hilfordjames

Jan 11, 2012
Auckland
Tell me you're kidding !

No ?

It's pretty self explanatory...

You read open post
You re-read open post to be sure you well understand it
You download and then extract the package on your PC.
You launch the .bat file
You choose 1
You follow instructions...

The batch even tells you to install Asus drivers in case it is not already done... and those drivers are even in the package !!!!

Sorry but Sparky did such a simple way to root and you ask this question... Are you sure you want to root your Prime ?

And don't forget to donate to people who made this for us...

I WISH it was as easy as you make it sound - I've been through every method that I can find over the past two days AND NONE WORK!!

tuskezs

Jun 29, 2009
Lenovo Tablet rooting

Hi... my rooting was not successful...
I have a Lenovo Tnikpad Tablet with Android 4.0.3. I managed to install the Lenovo drivers and made a connection with the PC through ADB interface.
I run successfully the RootDebugfs.bat file (from http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1257665&d=1344811948) and one of the last message was that the rooting was successful.
Then I rebooted the tablet and tried Titanium which says: "Sorry I could not acquire root privileges... this attempt was made using the "/system/xbin/su/" command".
I tested with other root checker programs and most of them halt (before the rooting procedure they worked properly) and the "Root Checker Basic" says: "System appears to be running very slowly" and "This device does not have proper root access".
Sometimes the tablet slow down.

Can you help me?
Thanks
Zsolt

tong143

Jul 16, 2009
Does this method work with TF300TL with android version 4.2.1

Some one please let me know if this method works with my TF300TL without bricking it.

Thanks in advance.

This tool will root your device based on the debugfs root method developed by miloj.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootDebugfs.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your transformer, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC

It should look familiar since I took PrimeTime and gutted it, only keeping the menu options. Thanks to viperboy for that.
Original post is in the TF300 thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704209

UPDATE 6/12/2012:
v1.1 - Added donation link for miloj
v1.2 - Fixed bug that caused it to stop while doing "debugfs", to cancel press Ctrl+c
v1.3 - Fixed bug where the id is not returned from the su test
v1.4 - Fixed bug introduced with v1.3
v1.5 - Fixed bug where you don't have to push the apk before calling install

6/13/2012
v1.6 - Fixed messaging (this is a cosmetic change)
v1.7 - Added a remove call on su prior to rooting for those who had root previously and it not longer works
v1.8 - Change the octal permissions to be 6755 instead of 4755

7/2/2012
v1.9 - Update superuser app and binary to the latest version available
XDA uploads are not working currently so I have uploaded the new version to here for now
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC89975E3CE960E5!221

8/5/2012
v2.0 - Updated to include a kill for Asus sync as that seemed to be the biggest issue.
I have also made it more generic so that it can root more devices with the same util. This is done by scanning for the system partition automatically, thanks to rightonred for that suggestion. With the attachment labeled "generic" I have removed all asus references and drivers since they were causing issues with me being able to attach the zip to xda. Anybody who needs the drivers can download them from asus or from another xda post.
v2.1 - Added a pause while waiting for the device to restart to alleviate that nuisance.
v2.2 - Added message to ignore "File not found" message when trying to delete old su versions. Also updated message with the generic locations of settings on the tablet.

8/12/2012
v2.3 - Update su binary file (hopefully it may help some of the people with superuser app issues)

ASUS drivers can be downloaded from the ASUS site but some are not provided other than through the sync install. I have extracted out the drivers from that sync install and attached them to this post. These drivers will support most of the Asus Eee Pad family including TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, ME171(MeMO), A66(Padfone), SL101(Slider), and a couple others.

No longer need a PadFone specific root util as the generic one should work for it as well.

Here is a version I put together for the Gallexy SII (but the generic one attached here should work fine)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27611187&postcount=3

tong143

Jul 16, 2009
Facing the same issue

I also have been facing the same issue. I do not much know about what is the problem. Please help. I have also tried another method using motochopper. That too did not work.
My device is TF300TL.
Android version: 4.2.1
Build number: J0P40D.WW_epad-10.6.2.10-20130918

Thanks in advance
JELLY BEAN! OTA RootKeeper did NOT keep my root, i was SHOCKED.Now i dont have it anymore..what do i do..? this didnt work....

it reboots and everything...just no root.

Step 1 - Pushing files...
failed to copy 'debugfs' to '/data/local//debugfs': Permission denied
failed to copy 'su' to '/data/local//su': Permission denied
failed to copy 'debugfsinput' to '/data/local//debugfsinput': Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists

Rebooting...
Once your devices has finished restarting,
Press any key to continue . . .

Step 2 - Rooting...
For this step, ignore any error messages that say "File not found"
Unable to chmod /data/local/debugfs: No such file or directory
/system/bin/sh: can't open /data/local/debugfsinput: No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfs, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/debugfsinput, No such file or directory

Rooting FAILED! You may want to try running this tool again.
Your device region may not be supported if you see this message again.

Press any key to continue . . .

ive done it like 4 times now..and deleted those files..cant delete SU since there is no su..

Last edited:

zhapfire

Nov 19, 2020
My rooting was successful but when I reboot in recovery mode, the screen showed an android lying down with an warning sign. So how can I proceed from here?

diaboulo

Jan 23, 2015
My Lenovo A400 with thinkpadtablet_a400_03_0070_0132_we android 4.0.3
i try to root it ,but no working ,this is the message under ubunto
adb shell "/data/local/debugfs -w /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 < /data/local/debugfsinput"
debugfs 1.42 (29-Nov-2011)
debugfs: rm: File not found by ext2_lookup while trying to resolve filename
debugfs:
debugfs: debugfs: Allocated inode: 1191

Attachments

• Capture d’écran du 2021-02-01 10-53-00.png
    Capture d’écran du 2021-02-01 10-53-00.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will root your device based on the debugfs root method developed by miloj.

Just download and unzip everything into a directory; then run RootDebugfs.bat from that directory (if you do not currently have the device drivers for your transformer, they are attached to this post, please install them, please use them to install your device before attempting the process).

Neither ADB nor the SDK need to be installed as all needed files are included in the attachments below (though it won't hurt anything if they are).

Helpful tip:
    Make sure no other Android device is connected to your PC

It should look familiar since I took PrimeTime and gutted it, only keeping the menu options. Thanks to viperboy for that.
    Original post is in the TF300 thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1704209

UPDATE 6/12/2012:
    v1.1 - Added donation link for miloj
    v1.2 - Fixed bug that caused it to stop while doing "debugfs", to cancel press Ctrl+c
    v1.3 - Fixed bug where the id is not returned from the su test
    v1.4 - Fixed bug introduced with v1.3
    v1.5 - Fixed bug where you don't have to push the apk before calling install

6/13/2012
    v1.6 - Fixed messaging (this is a cosmetic change)
    v1.7 - Added a remove call on su prior to rooting for those who had root previously and it not longer works
    v1.8 - Change the octal permissions to be 6755 instead of 4755

7/2/2012
    v1.9 - Update superuser app and binary to the latest version available
    XDA uploads are not working currently so I have uploaded the new version to here for now
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DC89975E3CE960E5!221

8/5/2012
    v2.0 - Updated to include a kill for Asus sync as that seemed to be the biggest issue.
    I have also made it more generic so that it can root more devices with the same util. This is done by scanning for the system partition automatically, thanks to rightonred for that suggestion. With the attachment labeled "generic" I have removed all asus references and drivers since they were causing issues with me being able to attach the zip to xda. Anybody who needs the drivers can download them from asus or from another xda post.
    v2.1 - Added a pause while waiting for the device to restart to alleviate that nuisance.
    v2.2 - Added message to ignore "File not found" message when trying to delete old su versions. Also updated message with the generic locations of settings on the tablet.

8/12/2012
    v2.3 - Update su binary file (hopefully it may help some of the people with superuser app issues)

ASUS drivers can be downloaded from the ASUS site but some are not provided other than through the sync install. I have extracted out the drivers from that sync install and attached them to this post. These drivers will support most of the Asus Eee Pad family including TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, ME171(MeMO), A66(Padfone), SL101(Slider), and a couple others.

No longer need a PadFone specific root util as the generic one should work for it as well.

Here is a version I put together for the Gallexy SII (but the generic one attached here should work fine)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27611187&postcount=3
    Latest Supported Versions:
    v9.2.1.27 for the TF101 (ICS 4.0.3)
    v9.2.2.6 for the TF101G (ICS 4.0.3) (3G version)

v9.4.2.28 for the TF201 (ICS 4.0.3)

v9.4.3.30 for the TF300T (ICS 4.0.3)
    v9.4.4.40 for the TF300TG (ICS 4.0.3) (3G version)

v9.4.5.30 for the TF700T (ICS 4.0.3)

v9.18.8.41 for the PadFone (ICS 4.0.3)

These are the latest supported versions as far as I know, if I get any further input I will update this post.

Reported UNsupported Versions
    v10.4.2.15 for the TF201 (JB 4.1.1)
    v10.4.2.9 for the TF300T (JB 4.1.1)
    v10.4.4.16 for the TF700T (JB 4.1.1)
    v9.20.1.22 for the PadFone (ICS 4.0.4)
    I have not been on the forum for a couple days so I will respond to a few things.

Supersu is not required, rootkeeper will work with superuser installed as well.

The best option I have seen for the next root is the google restore exploit, but it has yet to be adjusted for the asus devices.

I will help in any way I see possible to help figure a new root method out, or create a tool that is needed if a manual root method is found. Until then, reverting to ics, rooting, and upgrade seems to be the only route. Though I am vague on the details of that procedure.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    any one confirmed? what's the risk, if it doesnt work?

The risk if it doesn't would should just be that you wouldn't have root.

We already have confirmation that the method works (so there should be no risk there). We just don't have confirmation that I didn't make a typo or other mistake when putting it all together.
    It appears it cannot find "su" in the /system/xbin/ folder. Using Root Browser (free) I have confirmed it *is* there. Wierd date stamp on it tho - 31 June 1969...

There is also a "su" in the /system/bin/ folder. hmmmmm ..... I wonder ....

Can you send me the result of the commands (in adb shell):

ls -l /system/*/su
    echo $PATH

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Having the exact same problem trying manually and with the tool...

Since SU is still installed but root was lost it cannot write the new SU... the old one is a protected system file you can not overwrite or delete....

Until we can find a way to delete(uninstall) previous version of SU no root for us :-(

Oh ok, I see what it is. Let me find a way to solve this quickly.

EDIT: The problem comes from OTA RootKeeper in my opinion, it does a "chattr +i /system/xbin/su" to prevent Asus OTA to overwrite or delete the file.
    Here is the trick to solve it, very simple, insert the command "rm su" before the write command, like this:

debugfs: cd xbin
    debugfs: rm su
    debugfs: write /data/local/su su
    debugfs: set_inode_field su mode 0104755
    debugfs: set_inode_field su uid 0
    debugfs: set_inode_field su gid 0
    debugfs: quit

Will update my OP.