thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele

go to this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2502464

download
4.3 param.bin and tz.img
http://d-h.st/oyc

unzip, boot into download mode, open odin, put tar file in pds slot, click start.

Odin under section 8 hers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987541

thanks a loooot!!! Your post help me repair my phone..now trying to update...

13th August 2015, 12:55 AM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 2,578

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianex03y

thanks a loooot!!! Your post help me repair my phone..now trying to update...

Fantastic. Glad it worked for you.

That will pretty much unscrew about anything.... You phone has to really jacked up for it not to work.
14th August 2015, 04:15 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink hi
Hi...i had the same isue, now that i solved it when make the att firmware update it does the same(stuck at samsung logo) what should i do??? thanks!!
23rd September 2016, 05:50 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I just scrolled back and read it was /efs that failed to mount. Do you have any old backups? /efs is a partition. Did you any TWRP or CWM backups?

hey my note 2 was stuck at the recovery mode where it asks for emergency firmware recovery through kies but then after trying to connect it, kies did not show anything and whenever i tried to flash it with a stock rom using odin it gave a failure at system.img while installing twrp trough odin was a success so i tried to wipe data off which in turn gave me more errors about data, system etc and it showed that it was unable to mount storage i.e. it showed both the internal and external storage as 0mb. I tried changing the type of the drive but it was of no use also the knox warranty void counter was at 1 at the download menu (vol down + power) if that is of any use. after a lot of trial and error i have realised the problem is with the phone's partition and it doesnt have one at all nor does it show any partition before twrp flash which in turn led to the failures. So can anyone help me on how to create a partition for android? plus while wiping through twrp it says unable to mount storage and i dont have any twrp back ups
P.s. at this point even my sd card is showing 0mb or in short it is not being recognised.
25th September 2016, 09:34 PM |#35  
Recognized Contributor
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 2,578

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryli333

hey my note 2 was stuck at the recovery mode where it asks for emergency firmware recovery through kies but then after trying to connect it, kies did not show anything and whenever i tried to flash it with a stock rom using odin it gave a failure at system.img while installing twrp trough odin was a success so i tried to wipe data off which in turn gave me more errors about data, system etc and it showed that it was unable to mount storage i.e. it showed both the internal and external storage as 0mb. I tried changing the type of the drive but it was of no use also the knox warranty void counter was at 1 at the download menu (vol down + power) if that is of any use. after a lot of trial and error i have realised the problem is with the phone's partition and it doesnt have one at all nor does it show any partition before twrp flash which in turn led to the failures. So can anyone help me on how to create a partition for android? plus while wiping through twrp it says unable to mount storage and i dont have any twrp back ups
P.s. at this point even my sd card is showing 0mb or in short it is not being recognised.

Have you tried what's in Post #31 ?

Or my thread here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
26th September 2016, 03:51 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Have you tried what's in Post #31 ?

Or my thread here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

i have actually tried post #31 and i did flash my phone with param and tz.img but all it did was unlock my stock android recovery. also, when i tried to wipe data/factory reset from the stock android recovery it said
Quote:

--wiping data...
formatting /data...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
formatting /cache...
E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
data wipe complete.

though now i am being able to wipe the cache partition but still it is showing this in the beginning
Quote:

# manual mode #
-- applying multi-csc...
E: failed to mount /system (invalid argument)
can't mount '/system' (invalid argument)
E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument)
can't mount '/data' (invalid argument)
E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument)
E: failed to mount /system (invalid argument)

apparently at this point my brain has seized to think any further
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)