Community Release - De-Fragmenting our community one step at a time!

Search This thread

SimonNWalker

Sep 1, 2007
Lancaster, SC
www.TheSavvyTechs.com
We've always claimed that a centralized index of ROM's for all Android devices will help everyone including XDA and all the other forums and blogs out there.

The Release Database makes it's MUCH MUCH easier for all the community to find the latest releases for their devices and directs them to the official location for the releases.

We've added a lot of functionality to the release database and more developers are using the system, but not enough.

7/23/2011:
Lots of new features have been added to Community Release

As users, you can register in the system and then follow:
  • Releases
  • Devices
  • Developers
  • Rate the releases you like so other know if they are good or not.
  • Soon you wil be able to leave comments with your ratings too

When you follow anything, you receive email notifications when some related to what you are following is updated.
e.g. Follow your favorite developer and when that developer releases something new, you get notified.

You can now narrow the list by OS Version, Developer or Device making it very easy to find the release for you device.

We are still working hard to provide this but we still have a long way to go. The only way to keep it updated is if the developers maintain their release entries in the release database or at least let us know when a new release comes out.

There are so many ROMs for so many devices now that it's almost an impossible tasks and we'd prefer the developers to do the updates.

If you developer a ROM, Theme or application for any Android device, please help pus out. Drop us an email at admin@communityrelease.com or hit me up on GChat at simonnwalker@gmail.com.

You can also check out the release list to see if your release is already hosted.

We are still NOT ask for anything from the developers or the community for these services and cover all our costs through advertising.

What do we offer?
  • File hosting using FTP or our Web Based file manager.
  • Download tracking for your files.
  • Release notification to the entire community for your release.
  • Dedicated forum area with full moderation rights.

We don't require you to use all our services, the only important area is the release database. We don't care if your thread is on XDA or any other forums out there. Our only objective is to help the community. To de-fragment the release of software within the community.

I hope you'll help us out and wait to from anyone who wants access.

release-list-mobile-nexus-one.png

release-list-desktop.png

Last edited:

zachattack052

Jan 25, 2010
I do want to start hosting my Roms on android spin.. i got a donut speed eclair that me and two other devs made from scratch, and a kick a$$ donut all coming (that i also made from scratch) within the week (i hope)..

zmanw330

May 28, 2009
Re: AndroidSPIN ROM Release List - De-Fragmenting our community

This site is very good keep up the good work

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

heavensblade23

Apr 11, 2010
Sounds like a good idea, having 1000 different threads for different roms is a pretty inefficient way of doing things.

Also, you need to differentiate between MyTouch and MyTouch 1.2/Fender LE since it doesn't look like you did.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Re: AndroidSPIN ROM Release List - De-Fragmenting our community

WoW. The mobile view looks and works great. I see that the CDMA Hero list is a bit sparse.

Sent from my Nexus One using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
thanks. will keep this on my sites to check out for ROMs. already see one i dont see listed anywhere else and seems like it might be nice.

SimonNWalker

Sep 1, 2007
Lancaster, SC
www.TheSavvyTechs.com
@Simon, there's already a wiki article on xda that list all the available ROMs for the Hero; GSM, CDMA.

There are many sources and lists of ROMs for all different devices. What AndroidSPIN is trying to do is create a single index of ALL ROMs for any Android device for every forum and site out there.
A single location you can go to to find the latest, download them and get back to the original thread on whatever forum.

So which list do you choose to check and on which site?

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
i hate to say this, but when i view your site, the font hurts my eyes.. it seems blurry to me..