6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Millioniare, Junior Member on 27th March 2014, 03:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th August 2014, 06:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Arrow
There's a kernel bug. To see if it applies, look into battery stats, see list of apps. If "Android OS" uses more than, say, 8%, it's affected.

Got as much as 30% when launching apps a lot. This causes memory pressure and the bug happens.

Known as "kswapd bug" and affects many devices, as it isn't even Android or ARM specific. Same can happen on a regular PC.

hxxp://github.com/sthalik/gcore_kernel/commit/c1e717d0b2c11c11015db9274645f073ddd2ad1e

Here's the fix. Believe the original's from CM. you can search web for "contention_wait_kswapd" to see where it applies.

While the kernel provided there works (running on my phone always, latest revision), I'm not providing binaries.

11th September 2014, 11:22 AM |#12  

More
What can i do for more battery life?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_E_G_A_T_R_O_N

1. Debloat it.
2. Use Greenify
3. Use App Quarantine Pro to disable apps.
4. Use battery doctor once just to check which app is draining much battery and then freeze or disable it and remove Battery Doctory

its good, but can you links downloads for us.....

thanking you for the suggestions
17th August 2015, 07:10 AM |#13  

More
For more battery life you can turn off WI-Fi when you are not using it and also use task manager to watch unwanted background application which runs behind and uses battery, so Free NCDEX Tips, Great post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)