THAT Kitkat Audio Bug - Hissing/Crackling.

Search This thread

Bsls3

Mar 29, 2015
The solution

After a lot of trying i found out that if you go to accessibility and change the sound balance all the way to the right, the noise is gone! And you still hear stereo sound.

Zarrick19

Mar 15, 2011
Košice
So, is there any permanent fix? For a while I was using G2 TweaksBox where is an option to kind-of-fix-it, I was using the phone like this for a few months, honestly, I haven't noticed any hiss, cracking or anything after checking that option, so I wasn't paying attention about fixing it permanently. A week ago I was on a trip, listening to some music and the hiss/cracking was back! I'm using hifi headphones Sennheiser IE80, and it's most noticeable at deep basses, it sounds like if the music was compressed, even though I'm listening to HQ FLAC. Is there any permanent fix for it? I've seen some tutorials like "do a ****load of steps then the hiss is gone until the music stops playing" and such, but nothing permanent...

Reza Takhshid

Apr 30, 2015
Tehran
Hissing+Crackling on LG L50 headphones or not!

Hello,

I have a similar issue on my newly bought LG L50. It comes with a 4.4.2 out of the box.

when ever a sound is played, music or else, when finished, it is followed by about a second of hissing then a crackling and it stops.
The hissing was inaudible without headphones or putting the phone's speaker right to my ear; but the crackling is very annoying. I had to turn off all the menu and touch feedback sounds in order to reduce the frequency of it happening.

wishing for a fix...

Zarrick19

Mar 15, 2011
Košice
Hmm, so some kernels might fix it, thanks. Even though I don't really like flashing around with my G2 because of the infamous black lines, so I'm still running stock KK only rooted and TWRP. But I think I will go for it.

ludovicien

Apr 4, 2012
Brussels
I just acquired another D802 after 3 months with a One plus One that sounded great but was plagued by touch screen problems.
That hiss is still there, noticeable on my xiaomi piston 2s and unacceptable on my main portable headphones - Sennheiser HD25-ii that work brilliantly with EVERY other portable device I have. Upgraded to 5.02 to see if it was fixed and no, it's worse than ever. I've had five of these things now.
Am I unlucky or is it a generalized hardware fault? Will a different rom or kernel really make any difference? I love this phone but unless I find a fix I'm going to have to get an S5. Someone save me!

AhamB

May 4, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hmm, so some kernels might fix it, thanks. Even though I don't really like flashing around with my G2 because of the infamous black lines, so I'm still running stock KK only rooted and TWRP. But I think I will go for it.

I flashed the Bruce kernel (which was easy, and my G2 really does seem to be snappier now) and although the hissing was mostly gone, it was still there sporadically (short hisses every couple of seconds only when playing audio). The Xposed G2 Tweaksbox fix does remove that though and my audio is finally clean now, as it should be! :)

Blackwolf14

Jun 27, 2011
Anyone else on Lolipop having this problem? Its annoying.

Device: LG G2 D800
Rom/Kernel: NDM 5. 5/Dorimanx 12.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As i am sure most of you are aware a lot of D802 users are now receiving kitkat updates. It doesn't seem to matter what version/country this bug is definitely present. Currently you will have to downgade to Jellybean if you can't live with it. I want to gather some info so here we go.

What is this bug.?

A crackling/hissing noise most noticeable in the left ear when using headphones. It isn't present until you actually play something.

How can i reproduce this bug?

Easy plug in some headphones and play some music. When music is playing the noise is most noticeable for me at LOWER volumes below the 50% mark. Easiest way to hear it is play the song even if it's just one second and then pause. For at least 5-10 seconds after pausing it the hissing will continue.

How can we fix it?

It is definitely a software not hardware issue as the noise was not present (or at least not as prominent) in Jellybean roms. I'm not holding my breath for a fix from LG at all so we need to all dig together. For a start if someone is still on Jellybean i would appreciate a copy of your build.prop and /system/etc just so i can have a compare of those between JB and KK. If it's more related to the audio libs then i'm out of my depth!

Update. It seems that the issue is a lot less common when using the LG Quadbeat headphones that came with the phone.

LG UK tweeted a reply to this issue stating that they will pass it on to their R+D department and they will look after us as customers.

Please try and tweet LG in your territory too but please don't spam them.
    Bruce have you any plans for development on this device? I remember using CM by you on my sensation xe I think it was...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Yes, i was the one that bought jb to the sensation.

I will be working on the g2, maybe a kernel, but i might look into optimizing the stock rom a bit too.

Ok so unplug your headphones. Click reboot on your device. When your device will reboot plug the headphones. Go to dial keypad. Look about what sound keypad keys like 2,5,0,#. Delete all what you typed. Type in dial 3845#*802#, it will show Hidden Menu.
    Click on ELT Test, switch to Manual Mode and click Test Start.
    With pluged headphones Click on Audio Loopback to mark it and than click Test Start. Say something or blow breathe to all of your microphones (1st on top right, 2nd on bottom left near jack and 3rd on your headphones). Stay on test more than 20 seconds with saying or blowing breathe.
    Click STOP, than do same with Audio loopback Mic1 Mic2 and Mic3 ( start test and blow breathe).
    After all loopback test leave service menu and play some music.
    Bull****.
    80220f here and sound is perfectly clear. Get your facts straight before ****talking

Are you serious? Calm down! If one thing is apparent, it is that this affects different phones differently, and that is depends on what headphones you use, and so on.

Never seen such rude behavior... I'm appalled..
    LG support in Sweden just informed me that the bug has a fix, it is being integrated into an update and should be released soon.. No specific date, though