[GUIDE] Z Ultra and Z1 HARD BRICK RECOVERY

Search This thread

loplop4

Aug 19, 2015
Hi, do you have any solution for a damaged TA.img of Z3, i already have a TA backup, but cant restore because my phone is hard bricked because i flash an edited TA to it, and its now detected as semc device :rolleyes:

thanks

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
Unfortunately there's no leak for z2 and z3, that's too bad

Enviado desde mi D6633 mediante Tapatalk

john abruzzi

May 6, 2015
tunisie
Hi, do you have any solution for a damaged TA.img of Z3, i already have a TA backup, but cant restore because my phone is hard bricked because i flash an edited TA to it, and its now detected as semc device :rolleyes:

thanks

:D 4 months my z3 hard bricked no solution
:confused: i give up

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

Unfortunately there's no leak for z2 and z3, that's too bad

:) than you think a days we find a solution for z3 hard brick

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

xperia E1 D2005 supported on s1tool

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
Only Sony service knows the test point and have the proper package to bring back to life your phone.

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
The one in eBay? That's softbrick, you need the complete image for that purpose, I was looking for it, but couldn't find anything. That auction has been relisted more than once I believe, looks promising, but I don't want to test my luck too much

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
If someone can help you is only androxyde, his tool is based or uses s1 tool. The issue is if he will be willing to help you

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
I only used the standard z1 package, my phone was unbranded z1s, not t-mobile. If the test point I used don't work for you, then try the other one

ElArchibald

Jun 12, 2014
Simferopol

thanks

:D 4 months my z3 hard bricked no solution
:confused: i give up
---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

:) than you think a days we find a solution for z3 hard brick
---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------
xperia E1 D2005 supported on s1tool
Guys have you tried convert TA.img to TA_Unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET, extract trimarea.ta from TA_Unbrick and make ftf bundle with that file (including loader, partition-image, kernels and bootbundle etc. from stock ftf) in FlashTool? Maybe your phone can be flashed with FlashTool (don't forget install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe).

Reactions: john abruzzi

john abruzzi

May 6, 2015
tunisie
Guys have you tried convert TA.img to TA_Unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET, extract trimarea.ta from TA_Unbrick and make ftf bundle with that file (including loader, partition-image, kernels and bootbundle etc. from stock ftf) in FlashTool? Maybe your phone can be flashed with FlashTool (don't forget install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe).

thank you brother, you give me another hope to reliving my z3
:confused: the phone does not connect with the pc,
:( when I connect the USB PC cable and phone stays connected, disconnected connects, disconnects ....
About TA yes it's true my phone has the TA damaged
because I restored a backup other phone z3.
backup contains: TA, system, cache, data.
about this install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe you can give us download link this gg
the problem is how to do all this and my pc and Flash Tool does not know my phone
you can help us to do something about what you said bro :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

I forget to tell you something, I do not have a backup TA of my z3

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

If someone can help you is only androxyde, his tool is based or uses s1 tool. The issue is if he will be willing to help you

hi :highfive:
What do you have about this problem TA
you find a solution somewhere

Last edited:

ElArchibald

Jun 12, 2014
Simferopol
thank you brother, you give me another hope to reliving my z3
:confused: the phone does not connect with the pc,
:( when I connect the USB PC cable and phone stays connected, disconnected connects, disconnects ....
About TA yes it's true my phone has the TA damaged
because I restored a backup other phone z3.
backup contains: TA, system, cache, data.
about this install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe you can give us download link this gg
the problem is how to do all this and my pc and Flash Tool does not know my phone
you can help us to do something about what you said bro :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:

I forget to tell you something, I do not have a backup TA of my z3

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

hi :highfive:
What do you have about this problem TA
you find a solution somewhere
If device appears in device manager as SOMC, SEMC or ZEUS Flash device, sometimes still possible flash it with FlashTool
About ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe it is GordonGate driver, download link in op. Latest Androxyde's FlashTool contain loaders for Z3 or i'm wrong (also devices can be synced from github "Devices>Devices Sync>Manual Sync")? But if you don't have TA backup, you can't restore phone, as i know.. Oh and maybe this method can't help, i heard what some units of TA can be flashed only in Emergency Mode. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: john abruzzi

john abruzzi

May 6, 2015
tunisie
If device appears in device manager as SOMC, SEMC or ZEUS Flash device, sometimes still possible flash it with FlashTool
About ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe it is GordonGate driver, download link in op. Latest Androxyde's FlashTool contain loaders for Z3 or i'm wrong (also devices can be synced from github "Devices>Devices Sync>Manual Sync")? But if you don't have TA backup, you can't restore phone, as i know.. Oh and maybe this method can't help, i heard what some units of TA can be flashed only in Emergency Mode. :(

then it is dead for good, a question about flash with Se-tool box can repair the problem
when i connect the phone on mode flash

03/040/2015 00:40:45 - INFO - Devices sync finished.
03/040/2015 00:40:53 - INFO - Device connected with USB debugging off
03/040/2015 00:40:53 - INFO - For 2011 devices line, be sure you are not in MTP mode

Last edited:

clxmed

Sep 5, 2015
@razek666 I refer to your post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61613371&postcount=490
My Z1 also has "no flashboot, fastboot, no blinking led, no nothing."
Would you kindly provide more detail on your procedure: "First, I use the s1 flashtool with the C6903 package, that allowed me to enable the charging mode in the phone. Then I charged it to 100%."
For, I also believe, that the dead and not charging battery is the cause of my problem (S1tool doesn't initiate the process of flashing anything).
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
To flash the image you have to use flashtool, not s1 tool

clxmed

Sep 5, 2015
how to test battery: charging or not (it has a micro connector..)

I CANNOT flash anything, remmeber: "no flashboot, no fastboot (under Flashtool says connected a device with USB OFF), no blinking led"

Then I did what the S1tool readme says:

"remove battery, then connect TP to GND ( any GND on board will do job ),
insert battery, press power on button, disconnect testpoint.

phone will be in emergency mode, if you did thigs properly.

then run s1tool.exe, select msm8974 emergency mode, "​

Well, in my case it gives the llbug error which s1tool gave always immediately after I connect the phone to the PC with the battery ON (as @the_laser suggested to one forum member here).

USB#VID_0000&PID_0000#6&10ffeaf3&0&1#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed open error: "The system cannot find the file specified"​

The cause of all these states Which I now suspect could be the non charged or no charging battery (even though I left it charging for days now)

I meant HOW to
1. get the battery charging (no red led)
or at least
2. verify the battery, charged or not? (it has a micro connector..)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR HARD BRICKED DEVICES.
    HARD BRICK MEANS NO FLASHMODE AND NO FASTBOOT.
    IN ORDER TO PROCEED DISASSEMBLY OF YOUR DEVICE IS REQUIRED.
    IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY,STOP READING THIS, GO THE SONY SERVICE AND PLAY STUPID.
    AS AFTER OPENING YOUR DEVICE, YOUR WARRANTY IS 100% VOID.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Let's get started.
    1. Download tools.7z from attachments and pack for your device.
    2. Install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe
    3. Open the back cover of your device.
    4. Find the test point (See attachments).
    5. Disconnect a battery, connect a usb cable. LED RED will start to blink.
    6. Using the paper clip connect your test point with the GND. I used the metal shield in the middle of the motherboard.
    7. Open the device manager, you should see SEMC Flash Device. If no, you did something wrong.
    8. Disconnect your phone from computer.
    9, Repeat the step 5.
    10.Run the s1tool and select S1 MSM8974 EMERGENCY for the phone type.
    11. Press the flash button, and choice the APP file for your device.
    12. Press testpoint ready and repeat the step 6.
    13. Remove the testpoint and press READY, when program will ask you to do so.
    14. If flash was successful, you may disconnect your phone from usb, connect your battery and try to boot.You may have to charge your battery.
    15. Now you can flash your device normally using software.

P.S.
    I was not be able to flash on windows 8 64bit, but I flashed without problems on XP.

I would like to thank:

the_laser for making the software.

myevilface from support.setool.net for finding testpoint for c69xx.

and my poor Z Ultra which I sacrificed trying to find the test point :(
    Actually I finished him when I wanted to fix audio jack.
    Was to happy that my device is fixed and damaged the screen connector :D

UPDATE:
    Tool for converting TA.img to TA_unbrick.SYN_FILE_SET

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I helped you to save money, you can buy me a beer or two, which is cheaper than a new motherboard. :)
    Tool for converting TA.img to TA_unbrick.SYN_FILE_SET

Since I bricked my TA I was not able to repair TA by using gdfs, do not know why, but I created tool for unbricking TA partition, TA backup is required to get tool working! Here is tool for all who have TA.img and bricked TA partition inside phone, tool will convert your TA.img to TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET so you can easily repair your TA partition and flash the rest of firmware, enjoy! ;) Windows machine is required!

How to use:
    - put TA.img to the same folder
    - run ta_gen.exe
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    @bejibx:

i'm assuming that your problem is because you wrote foreign trim area into your phone.
    if your phone have damaged trim area ( format/rewrite trim area partition ) - phone is brick.

but if not, then using View attachment s1tool.zip
    Maybe stupid question : Do you think with this testpoint mode there is a way of unlocking Bootlader although it is not permitted by the provider?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is option to unlock boot, and it asks to do the testpoint trick, but I did not test it,as mine bootloader is unlocked and screen is dead now. :)
    So who else thinks this thread should be featued on the portal?
    Ive already submitted via the news tip button and pmed @SammiSaysHello since she writes alot of xperia articles.