FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][3.21.16] TWC TV - VZW/ADB/HDMI checks removed & watch away from home!!

122 posts
Thanks Meter: 278

By dice, Senior Member on 4th March 2013, 09:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2015, 08:17 AM |#412  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo11on

+1
Same here...I was really looking forward to trying out TWC TV app with my new ZTE Spro 2 android projector, but as soon as i turn on the v6 mod, posted a couple of pages back, it asks to update. And the official latest version refuses to play HDMI output. @dice : it would be really cool if some sort of version spoofer could be implemented, so when Time Warner queries the app to decide whether to allow it to access it servers or not - it could reply with any custom version number we chose

Hi Everyone, Sorry I've been absent... Long story short: I recently had to have major surgery and my recovery has been tedious ... but anyways...

I'll be posting an updated app soon! I'll also try to remove the "still watching?" box and try to remove versioning checks since it seems to be a popular request

I'll also be making the app believe you're on verizon's network since it seems you get extra little perks that are exclusive to VZW customers...

Also, let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to take a look at while I'm working on it.

Thanks everyone!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dice Ad-Free
27th September 2015, 01:34 AM |#413  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Dice great to see you back and I hope you are able to make a good recovery from surgery. Cant wait to try your new app!
4th October 2015, 05:22 AM |#414  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Dice was wanting to know if you could also look at the spectrum tv app and see of you might be able to remove the hdmi checks.
8th October 2015, 04:14 AM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This apk is not installing on the Lg G4. I have tried multiple versions including the one from post 384(I think that's the right number)
10th November 2015, 06:30 PM |#416  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dice

Hi Everyone, Sorry I've been absent... Long story short: I recently had to have major surgery and my recovery has been tedious ... but anyways...

I'll be posting an updated app soon! I'll also try to remove the "still watching?" box and try to remove versioning checks since it seems to be a popular request

I'll also be making the app believe you're on verizon's network since it seems you get extra little perks that are exclusive to VZW customers...

Also, let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to take a look at while I'm working on it.

Thanks everyone!

any updates?
12th November 2015, 12:43 AM |#417  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krawhitham

any updates?

Yes, I've been working heavily on the app.. I'm hoping that soon i can have a release... there are so many modifications to do, as I am adding some very cool functionality , I might post just the version with the checks removed first so you guys have something to play around with
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dice Ad-Free
12th November 2015, 12:48 AM |#418  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgibson513

This apk is not installing on the Lg G4. I have tried multiple versions including the one from post 384(I think that's the right number)

what's the specific issue you're having when trying to install?

You may have to enable "allow installations from unknown sources" in the dev settings screen... if your phone isn't rooted, there are instructions on how to enable that menu on your phone in the forums
The Following User Says Thank You to dice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dice Ad-Free
13th November 2015, 04:01 PM |#419  
Flag Bayside, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dice

Yes, I've been working heavily on the app.. I'm hoping that soon i can have a release... there are so many modifications to do, as I am adding some very cool functionality , I might post just the version with the checks removed first so you guys have something to play around with

Yes that would be great. Is there any way that it would be possible on an Android TV to remove the HDMI and debug check independently of modding the app? I think that would be a better solution as you wouldn't have to continuously modding the app.
14th November 2015, 07:28 AM |#420  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zermelo

Is there any way that it would be possible on an Android TV to remove the HDMI and debug check independently of modding the app? I think that would be a better solution as you wouldn't have to continuously modding the app.

An xposed module to cloak vpn, HDMI, and debugging would be ideal and nullify the need to mod the app. There is a root cloaking xposed module.
14th November 2015, 09:54 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytj87

An xposed module to cloak vpn, HDMI, and debugging would be ideal and nullify the need to mod the app. There is a root cloaking xposed module.

This doesn't help those of us that are using the app on a Fire TV.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hdmi, proxy, time warner, twc, vpn

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)