Htc media link HD

Search This thread

batjuh

Aug 27, 2010
So i interested myself for one htc media link HD and ordered it for an total of €73,50 incl. package sent
Because of the different models im talking about de dg-h200 from htc. Yesterday order came in and i thought piece of cake plug and play. Well it isn't plug and play and for every other person outside xda it would be an hell to get it working. I won't give up easily but i almost was going too!

Turns out the device delivered has a firmware 1.5...something and when you connect it it all goes well till you have too swipe over you screen to sent it out to the television. Then he want to connect and somewere about 70 % of the setup he quits and says there is an additional firmware upgrade. Would you like to install this? Well hell yeah i will. So pushing the yes button will bring you to another message that says "there is no newer software , this is the latest !

Somewere else on the forum here a guy did get it working without an upgrade of the firmware! But after reading true the manual i found out it had to do with ip multicast. Simply said if your router only providing unicast signal an setup like my phone and the htc media link hd connected to the internet and connected to each other not going to work.

So here is what i did

* I disconnected my phone and router (By disconnecting i mean my phone doesn't know the router anymore)
* Made an whole new setup for the htc media link hd by pushing the button on the front for ten seconds
* setup my phone for an wifi hotspot and then swyped three fingers over the screen so that the phone will connect with the media link
* Offcourse it will prompt you with an update of firmware but now it will update because of the hotspot setup.
* Thought i was done setting up the hardware with this upgrade and made my phone connect with my router acces point again.
* The problem still occured as i was almost done with this media link and willing to send it back.
* But me never willing to give up give it another shot and set up my phone again as an wifi hotspot and swyped my display to connect again with
the media link.
* Again it prompted me with an firmware update as i thought whats going on i all ready did so. I thought what the heck lets update it again.
* When it was done i got amazed from the fact it does updated the media link device again to 2.99...something firmware version
* So i decided to hold the button for an reset for ten seconds again so it was ready for an new configuration.
* Also made my phone know my router acces point again and swyped over the screen again to setup again.
* And there you have it working not asking for an update and doing what he needs to do. ... ! Or not ?

Tested it with all sorts of media,

* games not going to work as wireless give the game an lag time for instance with pinball you push to make the flipper shoot the ball. and done with the media link setup you mis because of the lag time!
Pushed an movie from my synology nas server to my tv ( Not needed in this setup because i can play them well true my wdtvlive hub ) but for testing. It play well but yep there you have your lag again from the audio
* Internet works and browsing true the phone checking photo's works
* Youtube on the phone works without lag time in 1080p
* Did not had any movie on my phone to play so coudn't test that but i recon i will play okay

But all together it is fun to have for 10 minutes and i going to sell mine because of the total not use of it i know will happen!
But the least i coud do is write an review over this htc media link hd for you all ! Excuse me for my english as it is not my native language to speak/write

Greetz Batjuh

Reactions: ivicask and VietHD

Diesel321

The mhl adapter I have is an off brand from Amazon. Cost 3 dollars. It doesn't work with the specified app on the phone but as soon as I plug it in and set my tv it's all right there. Is there advantages to the HTC branded one?

Never Die!

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

I have noticed with Netflix and other online videos it doesn't look very HD. Videos I recorded with my phone and watch are great but I guess streaming ones look like crap. Mine is not the wireless version by the way

Never Die!

moh980

Mar 28, 2009
I got mine last week and all I had to do is:
- plug in power and HDMI cable
-promt me for updating the firmware twice and it all went through
- swipe three fingers and the whatever on my HOX+ its on the tv

Youtube, Netflix all playing perfectly fine and I would say HD quality. phone have to be on wifi to be able to connect to the media link. and my home wifie DL 20MB/s

so far so good :good:

Azerox

Jan 26, 2010
Groningen
I got mine last week and all I had to do is:
- plug in power and HDMI cable
-promt me for updating the firmware twice and it all went through
- swipe three fingers and the whatever on my HOX+ its on the tv

Youtube, Netflix all playing perfectly fine and I would say HD quality. phone have to be on wifi to be able to connect to the media link. and my home wifie DL 20MB/s

so far so good :good:

Same here, works very great with the hdlink 200 > also plugged in did firmware upgrade and working great.

Youtube video high quality, but i bought it to easy show fotos/videos to friends and familys > Working great :D

Im very happy with the device, and sure ill have a lot of fun.

Sometimes i just lay on the couch and reading forums/storys on my plasma trough this HD link

VietHD

Dec 6, 2012
Help

Can you tell me how to make Htc Media Link HD working without firmware upgrade?
Sorry for my bad English.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I don't need help any more. My device worked :D

Last edited:

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
Hi all,

Sorry if I missed it in the replies, but which item is it that seems to work well with the HTC One X+? Can I get a link to it? Also, will it work with apps too or just photos and movies?

Thanks!

dieselboy

Jan 18, 2008
The wireless link should not use multicast traffic... I can't think of any home routers that would support that. Why, if your phone is only sending to the media link, would it even need to use a multicast destination... if it did, every device in your broadcast domain (i.e. your home) would receive the HD content. not particularly good.
I suppose, if HTC wanted it to work without any kind of discovery process then multicast would work.. but this, and the price of the unit has deterred me. Especially since you can get a $4 cable of ebay which does the same thing, just using a wire.

gavin watson

Feb 24, 2008
Hampshire
With regards to my specific question, should anyone else need help, I bought one of these for my HTC One X+ and it simply duplicates whatever is on the screen onto my TV via HDMI. Works great!

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
1 PROBLEM

With regards to my specific question, should anyone else need help, I bought one of these for my HTC One X+ and it simply duplicates whatever is on the screen onto my TV via HDMI. Works great!

My media link worked great as well. Did an update once I can remember. During this time I was using an old HTC One sv to cast Netflix mainly. Since upgrading to an m7, my girl has an m8, everything still works fine, except Netflix! It works all the way up to choosing what to watch. As soon as the video starts to play, screen goes black, just audio, you can still see the play button, the timeline and other options to top right in the Netflix app but video is black until you stop playing. I have posted in a few other places (not XDA), have read couple more of the same problems with no one answering those posts either. Does anyone have A-N-Y idea why the video goes black when it starts to play in Netflix only?
Really about to give up, O-N-L-Y reason I purchased the HTC Media Link was for the purpose of watching Netflix on the flatscreen.................. sigh.
zach

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
Netflix f-i-x-e-d!!!

So i interested myself for one htc media link HD and ordered it for an total of €73,50 incl. package sent
Because of the different models im talking about de dg-h200 from htc. Yesterday order came in and i thought piece of cake plug and play. Well it isn't plug and play and for every other person outside xda it would be an hell to get it working. I won't give up easily but i almost was going too!

Turns out the device delivered has a firmware 1.5...something and when you connect it it all goes well till you have too swipe over you screen to sent it out to the television. Then he want to connect and somewere about 70 % of the setup he quits and says there is an additional firmware upgrade. Would you like to install this? Well hell yeah i will. So pushing the yes button will bring you to another message that says "there is no newer software , this is the latest !

Somewere else on the forum here a guy did get it working without an upgrade of the firmware! But after reading true the manual i found out it had to do with ip multicast. Simply said if your router only providing unicast signal an setup like my phone and the htc media link hd connected to the internet and connected to each other not going to work.

So here is what i did

* I disconnected my phone and router (By disconnecting i mean my phone doesn't know the router anymore)
* Made an whole new setup for the htc media link hd by pushing the button on the front for ten seconds
* setup my phone for an wifi hotspot and then swyped three fingers over the screen so that the phone will connect with the media link
* Offcourse it will prompt you with an update of firmware but now it will update because of the hotspot setup.
* Thought i was done setting up the hardware with this upgrade and made my phone connect with my router acces point again.
* The problem still occured as i was almost done with this media link and willing to send it back.
* But me never willing to give up give it another shot and set up my phone again as an wifi hotspot and swyped my display to connect again with
the media link.
* Again it prompted me with an firmware update as i thought whats going on i all ready did so. I thought what the heck lets update it again.
* When it was done i got amazed from the fact it does updated the media link device again to 2.99...something firmware version
* So i decided to hold the button for an reset for ten seconds again so it was ready for an new configuration.
* Also made my phone know my router acces point again and swyped over the screen again to setup again.
* And there you have it working not asking for an update and doing what he needs to do. ... ! Or not ?

* games not going to work as wireless give the game an lag time for instance with pinball you push to make the flipper shoot the ball. and done with the media link setup you mis because of the lag time!
Pushed an movie from my synology nas server to my tv ( Not needed in this setup because i can play them well true my wdtvlive hub ) but for testing. It play well but yep there you have your lag again from the audio
* Did not had any movie on my phone to play so coudn't test that but i recon i will play okay

But all together it is fun to have for 10 minutes and i going to sell mine because of the total not use of it i know will happen!
But the least i coud do is write an review over this htc media link hd for you all ! Excuse me for my english as it is not my native language to speak/write

Greetz Batjuh

I had my HTC Media Link quit working completely on video feed (not audio) with Netflix. Upgrading my HTC One sv to a Sprint HTC One m7. My girls Verizon HTC One m8 had the same results, mirrored our screens perfectly, played any video along with audio whether it was an email video attachment (asks if want to watch using media link upon opening video), or YouTube, etc.... Found other posts online with others having the same problem. I just happened across a forum posting (like 3 pages) from a Mr. Satan who was fedup with a scene in a favorite movie of his lagging in Netflix. He changed the bitrates (app version 2.4.1), made 3 different .apk's with three different frame rate settings. I tried the 3,850kps or what ever it is and it would load up on phone, let me choose video but the circle kept spinning a bit too long for me. Loaded the 3,000kbps .apk and it loaded up, played well. Went and linked my Sprint HTC One m7 to the HTC Media Link, everything came up in Netflix like before, but lo & behold, when video starts, it shows............ finally!!!!!!!
Only reason purchased this media link, not only because of the niftiness using phone on flat screen but for watching streaming account with Netflix on it!!!!! I am going to go post in a few places where people posted problems. You will not have lag anymore!!!!
http://www69.zippyshare.com/v/iGk8sKCx/file.html
zach

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So here is what i did

the media link.

Greetz Batjuh