[Q] Motorola moto e battery charging time

Search This thread

ss4micky

Nov 13, 2014
New Delhi
I've been wondering the same thing, the charger from mine takes like 5 hours. It's horrible and the battery barely lasts the day. Is this normal, the phone was brand new and I've had it about 3 weeks.
If you are a heavy user and play games while charging then it is normal. But if you are moderate user and you leave your phone alone during charging then it is not normal. My XT-1022 charges in around 2 hours. This phone does not have a horrible battery life. I have greenify installed and I have also disabled many battery hogging services. I'm a moderate user and I charge once every two days.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And for info of all the others, Motorola has limed the value of maximum charging current for this device. If u think more amperes will give u less charging time then u are right, but this is true only upto a certain value. After that the no matter how high the amperage is, it will charge at the same rate of max. value.
This is written on their site. I didn't make it on my own.
So for longer battery life limit the use while charging and use juice defender (non-rooted) or greenify with disable service (rooted). But read the guidelines before using them.
Have fun guys.

Oldtimeradioguy

Mar 16, 2015
Not fully charging

If you are a heavy user and play games while charging then it is normal. But if you are moderate user and you leave your phone alone during charging then it is not normal. My XT-1022 charges in around 2 hours. This phone does not have a horrible battery life. I have greenify installed and I have also disabled many battery hogging services. I'm a moderate user and I charge once every two days.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And for info of all the others, Motorola has limed the value of maximum charging current for this device. If u think more amperes will give u less charging time then u are right, but this is true only upto a certain value. After that the no matter how high the amperage is, it will charge at the same rate of max. value.
This is written on their site. I didn't make it on my own.
So for longer battery life limit the use while charging and use juice defender (non-rooted) or greenify with disable service (rooted). But read the guidelines before using them.
Have fun guys.

Yes it's battery life is poor, plus it was only charging to 90% but today I noticed a full charge. I don't play games at all. Here is an example, I took phone from full charge over night, I have sent maybe 15 IM'S AND PHONE HAS BEEN ON FOR 4 HOURS and it's down to 80% already. I did an hourly check 2 nights ago and it took just under 4 hours to charge it UNUSED from 31% to 100%. So 70% in 4 hours. After a normal day, some 30 texts and a few emails and it's 70% spent. On the other hand my Samsung Galaxy Pro Pad on a 4 hour charge and using it most of eveing, playing games, eBay selling, texts and emails, it lasts 2 days

ss4micky

Nov 13, 2014
New Delhi
Yes it's battery life is poor, plus it was only charging to 90% but today I noticed a full charge. I don't play games at all. Here is an example, I took phone from full charge over night, I have sent maybe 15 IM'S AND PHONE HAS BEEN ON FOR 4 HOURS and it's down to 80% already. I did an hourly check 2 nights ago and it took just under 4 hours to charge it UNUSED from 31% to 100%. So 70% in 4 hours. After a normal day, some 30 texts and a few emails and it's 70% spent. On the other hand my Samsung Galaxy Pro Pad on a 4 hour charge and using it most of eveing, playing games, eBay selling, texts and emails, it lasts 2 days
Hmm. It seems like there is an issue with your battery or your system. IDK. But as far as I'm concerned battery life is good. At-least for me.