Questions about Unlocking or Recovering from a Soft Brick? LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING!!

Search This thread

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
HELP! I'm not sure what went wrong but I had rooted my phone when I first bought it 2 years ago, but was running stock rom this whole time. Phone was running slow so I decided to erase and flash a new rom. I went to follow the Ditto Note 3 instructions which start by flashing MJ5 via Odin, and now the phone just flashes the Samsung logo over and over. I can enter download mode but I'm not sure thats even working as it won't let me flash a stock rom. I do have TWRP and made a nandroid prior to this, but now I cant even get into Recovery mode. Do I have any options or is this unfixable? Please let me know what else you need to know, I have flashed roms in the past but I am stuck on this one. Thank you in advance.

If you read the directions.. You would have noticed that it is for N7100 NOT I605.. And then the BIG BOLD letters telling you NEVER to flash another bootloader!
You guys seriously need to read and also think about what you are doing before you pull the trigger. It would save A LOT of you the headache. If you are not sure what you are doing maybe you need to research more and do a little reading before flashing something you have NO IDEA what it is on a $400 phone. :rolleyes:

socalbls

Mar 29, 2014
HELP! I'm not sure what went wrong but I had rooted my phone when I first bought it 2 years ago, but was running stock rom this whole time. Phone was running slow so I decided to erase and flash a new rom. I went to follow the Ditto Note 3 instructions which start by flashing MJ5 via Odin, and now the phone just flashes the Samsung logo over and over. I can enter download mode but I'm not sure thats even working as it won't let me flash a stock rom. I do have TWRP and made a nandroid prior to this, but now I cant even get into Recovery mode. Do I have any options or is this unfixable? Please let me know what else you need to know, I have flashed roms in the past but I am stuck on this one. Thank you in advance.

Sounds like you did what I did. I ended up buying a used motherboard off ebay for about $70 and replacing the bad one. Phone works fine now.
There is a thread somewhere on here that shows how to fix the motherboard but it looked to complicated for me.

tennessee_titan

Aug 14, 2011
Been using a Note ll on Beans ROM for about 18 months. Phone died on Monday and I have been trying without any success to root the replacement. Odin fails to write to the phone. Phone was delivered with stock 4.4.2.
I did not use Odin originally. Don't know how I rooted it
I am completely lost as to where to start..
Reinstalled drivers a number of times. Odin sees the phone, but that's it..
Help please!

mattnmag

Feb 6, 2013
Been using a Note ll on Beans ROM for about 18 months. Phone died on Monday and I have been trying without any success to root the replacement. Odin fails to write to the phone. Phone was delivered with stock 4.4.2.
Help please!

Sorry to say, but there's no current root method and no current bootloader unlock method that you can use for our Verizon Note 2's running Kit Kat 4.4.2. For now, you are stuck with stock. The last Android build for our phones that you can root and unlock the bootloader on is 4.1.2. Android version 4.3 is rootable, but no bootloader unlock.

Reactions: tennessee_titan

tennessee_titan

Aug 14, 2011
Sorry to say, but there's no current root method and no current bootloader unlock method that you can use for our Verizon Note 2's running Kit Kat 4.4.2. For now, you are stuck with stock. The last Android build for our phones that you can root and unlock the bootloader on is 4.1.2. Android version 4.3 is rootable, but no bootloader unlock.

Thanks, but a shame none of the root experts see fit to say that in big letters...

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Stock 4.4.2 VRUFND7

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am looking for the Stock 4.4.2 KitKat VRUFND7 image. Every link I find is broken or a missing file (tried both Samsung sites). I just need to flash via ODIN, stuck at Verizon Red Screen... Thanks!

Last edited:

herpderp454

Aug 1, 2015
Need help fast.

Hey guys...im not sure if its talked about before but i tried to flash TWRP onto my Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and its been stuck in a boot loop since...no i didnt unlock the bootloader and im wondering if there is anyone who can help please!!

in50mn14c

Mar 17, 2011
Colorado
Any way to restore just recovery?

I made the mistake of trying to push TWRM because I thought I was on my unlocked phone. I think it can be fixed by flashing the default recovery back, but I don't want to do a back to factory and lose the data on the phone. Does anyone have a pre-made just the recovery package for odin so I don't have to make one?

shanusmarty

Sep 4, 2008
Hi, I tried to restore to stock but still is stuck on boot logo but I can very well go to recovery and download mode,but going to recovery throws errors,one of my friend says that emmc is gone, but I still have hopes, please help me out,I m attaching pics
wvzl2x.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Please help me out asap.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I felt the need to create a thread explaining things a bit better. Lets get started shall we!!

1) As most folks know the I605 Galaxy Note 2 shipped with a locked bootloader. This means you Can Not flash any custom roms/kernels/ or recoveries until you unlock the bootloader!! Failure to comply will result in a yellow triangle stating "unsupported software detected"!

2) If you flashed custom software on your device without unlocking, please refer to Section 1B of my GUIDE in development section. This will bring your device back up and running in stock condition!!

3) Now you can proceed to Adams latest "Jailbreak" thread for for rooting/unlocking/flashing a custom recovery. Make sure to only use the method that applies to the firmware/bootloader version that was previously on your device.

VRAMC3 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066

VRALL4 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348

VRALJB- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043636 (Unless you purchased this device within the first month of release, and never accepted a OTA, Do Not use this link).

4) And last of all, folks never accept any OTA's!! There is no reason to!! Now that your device has been rooted, unlocked, and running twrp recovery, you can now download any latest update.zip from the dev section and flash in recovery. The Devs here are always fast at packaging up the OTA into a zip format so we can update via cwm or twrp recovery. There are a couple reasons why I prefer this method,

1. Future OTA updates may relock the device permanently! There is no gurantee a unlock method will be achieved for the next OTA.

2. .Zip roms are normally smaller, so they take less time to download and imo are easier to install.

3. OTA's can sometimes fail and soft brick the device.

So please read through this thread thoroughly and remember research twice, flash once! Hopefully this helps...:good:

**Also Note the VRUEMJ9 4.3 OTA update locked the bootloader and there is no current unlock method**
    now if we can just get it stickied!!

I see no reason why it can't be. :D

Good job, just be sure to keep up to date with it. :good::highfive:
    i dont think you can use the stock file as everyone that has used it once they take the ota's to vramc3 it bricks i would say if your gonna do it use the alternate ive tried the stock and it will work but as soon as u update past ll4 your screwed! i dont even think the alternate will get you past ll4 without a brick but i havent tried that yet. maybe someone else has that can chime in. good luck

Well before the VRAMC3 update, if you were unlocked, one could full odin restore back to VRALJB and then OTA update. If you were locked and on VRALL4 then the alternate restore could be used to revert back and then OTA. However something has changed apparently on the latest update and I believe it has to do with PIT checking in odin. In a normal situation I would spend a day or 2 trying every method to figure out what works and does not. Unfortunately with Verizon patching every OTA and trying to permanently lock us out of our devices, I am not willing to take that gamble. I need my device to work and my LTE is my only internet so I can not afford to have it down.

That being said, Don't take any OTA's as I have been preaching since day 1!! We can still use odin to get back to a fresh clean install(alternate restore or root66), but dont OTA, just use recovery for updates. For the folks who want to return thier devices to stock locked bloated for resale, well sorry your out of luck at his time. I suggest changing carriers if this is a issue...I am seriously thinking about Tmobile in the future because this **** is getting rediculous and ATT is jumping on the locked bootloader bandwagon as well. The bottom line is carriers do not want thier customers having root privlidges and modding thier devices... rooting and roming coming to a end on domestic carriers.

This will probably be the last device I write guides for on Verizon because its too much of a headache to keep up with. Especially since Samsung is not releasing the Odin firmware restore packages anymore. Which is making things a huge PIA!! I do not know what the hell they are thinking, all this is creating more problems than anything...full blown retarded!!
    This was way overdue good work droidstyle

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Help please!