[APP][DEV] OTA Update Center. (Released version 2.0.5)

Search This thread

kushman

Aug 25, 2011
gibbon minnesota
I've gotten it up and running only issue now is that md5 at times still wacky also it'll download but when go to recovery to flash it fails and reboots phone so I just have to manually update after DL is done I've got a direct link host now i figured out my issue that saw day so now only issue is making it flash itself

M3nti0n

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
I've gotten it up and running only issue now is that md5 at times still wacky also it'll download but when go to recovery to flash it fails and reboots phone so I just have to manually update after DL is done I've got a direct link host now i figured out my issue that saw day so now only issue is making it flash itself

The flash issue is device specific, on the website you'll find more under faq.

Trying to register and constantly getting (from chrome,IE,firefox)
"Whoops, Something went wrong"

I'll look into it.

Tech N You

Jul 10, 2014
Unknown Land
@M3nti0n EDIT : Sorted that error but now a new error whenever I select flash option after downloading it reboots in recovery but says no such file or directory and installation failed status 6

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-21-21-41-51.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-21-41-51.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Screenshot_2014-12-21-21-41-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-21-21-41-48.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

AFN

Jul 4, 2013
Your site is not working for some reason
The ROM I deleted is still available and the ROM I'm trying to add can't be added
Though I cleared cache ?!

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
Thanks but one question about user counter

Just throwing in my .02
You will need hotlinking support from your host. Something to look at first before modifying anything else.

First of all thanks for great work and service.
I now host files using hot link, suitable for pushing updates via ota.
But one doubt,
I made users available an update via ota, I got user counter 15, ok.
Then I updated my rom and wanted to push it via ota (for the same device).
So i tried to add a new file, but failed due to same device .
So i modified the existing one, and success. I tested and ota notifications are coming as it should.

My question here is, the 15 users who got update previously, will get new update. Considering all of them updates, will the user counter tick to 30 or will it stay 15?

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
Dropbox did not work now and users got 403 forbidden errors and google drive doesn't create the direct links for 25MB file so suggest me any fast and direct link capable file hosting website ? Thank you

corphish

Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
Dropbox did not work now and users got 403 forbidden errors and google drive doesn't create the direct links for 25MB file so suggest me any fast and direct link capable file hosting website ? Thank you

You can share Dropbox files using hot link.
Select the file and click share.
A share link will be generated.
It will look like - www.dropbox.com/blabla..
Just replace www.dropbox.com by dl.dropboxusercontent.com
And put the final download link, i.e
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/blabla...
In otaupdatecenter site in ur rom page, and u r done.
It works fr me.
To verify, try opening your otaupdatecenter rom page in incognito mode and download.
If download succeeds, you are done.

berryman13

Mar 30, 2011
San Francisco
Subscribed. I'm the official maintainer of PAC ROM 5.0 for the nvidia shield tablet. My Google drive folder is already showing signs of taking up too much space at this rate so something like this would be a lifesaver once it comes time to release publicly. I would if I could but it would get removed. PAC is a project much greater than myself and the real work is done by people who started well before me. So I can't decide when their project is finished with its alpha testing, even if it runs fine on my device... It'd be disrespectful because they ask all maintainers not to publicly test their current builds.

Anyways.... I freaking can't wait to use this app. Seriously. I even made a new folder for it in my subscriptions :)

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
You can share Dropbox files using hot link.
Select the file and click share.
A share link will be generated.
It will look like - www.dropbox.com/blabla..
Just replace www.dropbox.com by dl.dropboxusercontent.com
And put the final download link, i.e
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/blabla...
In otaupdatecenter site in ur rom page, and u r done.
It works fr me.
To verify, try opening your otaupdatecenter rom page in incognito mode and download.
If download succeeds, you are done.

Thank you so much mate :) but now another problem appears as i have provided the ota to users and in that ota i replaced the older version of ota updater app with the latest version and now after installing that ota, my rom's users getting the invalid rom id ( screenshot attached below) :confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-57-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-57-07.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 529
  • Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-56-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-56-54.png
    170.2 KB · Views: 510
  • Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-56-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-27-23-56-59.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:

M3nti0n

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Zoetermeer
www.otaupdatecenter.pro
Thank you so much mate :) but now another problem appears as i have provided the ota to users and in that ota i replaced the older version of ota updater app with the latest version and now after installing that ota, my rom's users getting the invalid rom id ( screenshot attached below) :confused:

First of all thanks for great work and service.
I now host files using hot link, suitable for pushing updates via ota.
But one doubt,
I made users available an update via ota, I got user counter 15, ok.
Then I updated my rom and wanted to push it via ota (for the same device).
So i tried to add a new file, but failed due to same device .
So i modified the existing one, and success. I tested and ota notifications are coming as it should.

My question here is, the 15 users who got update previously, will get new update. Considering all of them updates, will the user counter tick to 30 or will it stay 15?

It will stay 15

You obviously updated the app itself, without adding the ROM.OTA.prop instead of the build.prop options.

The OTA.prop has the recovery and path values.
The ROM.OTA.prop has the ROM values.
The KERNEL.OTA.prop has all the kernel updates values.

In the old version you needed the values inside the build.prop

I hope this helps you to fix your current problem.

How can I use this updater?
Code:
Download the latest APK from our GitHub page.
Pick a ROM/Kernel OTA ID that you will use on this site. This should be alpha-numeric (dashes and underscores allowed). This should be unique across our site (multiple files for separate devices can use the same OTA ID).
Add the following files to your ROM or Kernel:
/system/app/OTA-Updater.apk: OTA Updater APK you downloaded
/system/rom.ota.prop: ROM or Kernel version file
/system/ota.prop (optional): General properties file
/system/features/com.otaudater.feature.xml: OTA Updater feature file (get it here)
Package your ROM, generate an MD5 of the zip file, and upload it somewhere.
Add your ROM or Kernel on this site. You will need the OTA ID you picked, the device you packaged for, and the URL and MD5 of the zip file. When you have updates, simply update your ROM/Kernel here.
For further updates, just make sure you update the otatime and otaver properties in rom/kernel.ota.prop file
Optional settings for /system/ota.prop file:
{
    "noflash": "<< true or false - prevents app from rebooting into recovery for flashing (user must flash manually) >>",
    "rebootcmd": "<< reboot command if different than `reboot recovery` (can be a script included with ROM/Kernel) >>",
    "system_sdpath": "<< path to external storage in OS if it's non-standard >>",
    "recovery_sdpath": "<< path to external storage in recovery if it's non-standard >>"
}
Format for /system/rom.ota.prop file:
{
    "otaid": "<< ROM OTA ID >>",
    "otaver": "<< ROM Version >>",
    "otatime": "<< Date/time of ROM in yyyymmdd-hhmm format >>"
}
Format for /system/kernel.ota.prop file:
{
    "otaid": "<< Kernel OTA ID >>",
    "otaver": "<< Kernel Version >>",
    "otatime": "<< Date/time of Kernel in yyyymmdd-hhmm format >>",
    "fullver": "<< Output of `cat /proc/version` (*) >>"
}
* - this is necessary to detect if a ROM update overwrote your Kernel.

Last edited:
Reactions: corphish

corphish

Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur

Yeah, you need to push an xml permission file to system/etc.
Copy pasting didn't work for me, so what I did is downloaded the 2MB source from their git, and aquired the xml from it.

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
Yeah, you need to push an xml permission file to system/etc.
Copy pasting didn't work for me, so what I did is downloaded the 2MB source from their git, and aquired the xml from it.

But how bro ? they didn't getting the update which i issued last night just for checking :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

It will stay 15

You obviously updated the app itself, without adding the ROM.OTA.prop instead of the build.prop options.

The OTA.prop has the recovery and path values.
The ROM.OTA.prop has the ROM values.
The KERNEL.OTA.prop has all the kernel updates values.

In the old version you needed the values inside the build.prop

I hope this helps you to fix your current problem.
Thankew very much for replying but mate my users are no more able to receive the update although in my roms section it is showing my rom and 70+ users but as i issued a update last night but still users haven't get the update notification. Hope you understand my condition :)

UzUmAKI_NaRuTo1

May 1, 2014
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OTA Update Center
Is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use.

OTA Update Center is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use. This project is especially for the rom devs around, to be able to implement an easy to use, and free OTA Update app. The project has one goal, to provide a way to provide OTA Updates as easy and noob friendly as possible.

I am trying to give a ota update for my ROM BUT, its not working

I have made sure it was a direct link still it says md5 error -invalid download !!

I get following results when i try these file hostings/clouds:-

XDA - given direct link from xda... it downloads whole update ..and immediately gives md5 error !

Gdrive - Gives md5 error without even downloading the file !!

Dropbox - it gives different error like this --> unable to get download status.

Someone please help , i need to get it working :(

EDIT :-

Now i tried hosting the file on webhost ftp....

this time to .. the whole zip gets downloaded but.. but as soon as it downloads
it throws md5 error - download is invalid

Last edited:

Matx13

Feb 17, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for this application, it's been years since I use it for my roms customs, but on my new phone I have a problem...
With OTA Updater if I check Wipe Cache, the zip is not installed ! must uncheck "Wipe cache", how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

(Android 5.1 arm64; MT6752, recovery TWRP)

Mentalmuso

Recognized Developer
Mar 20, 2012
Austin
Sony Xperia 1 V
Is anyone aware of anything i can do to stop the automatic reboot while in recovery just after the rom has flashed? My rom requires a second Aroma addon zip to be flashed straight after the base rom, having it reboot straight after the zip flash is causing problems.

Reactions: duykhanh2013.knock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA Update Center
    Is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use.

OTA Update Center is an Over The Air update service, that is free of use. This project is especially for the rom devs around, to be able to implement an easy to use, and free OTA Update app. The project has one goal, to provide a way to provide OTA Updates as easy and noob friendly as possible.

titleoverview.png

• Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
    • Push notifications on new release of rom
    • Check for updates once a day.
    • Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
    • Download the rom and flash it directly.
    • Download the rom without flashing.
    • Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
    • All your rom updates in one list.
    • Abillity to change, update and intergrate in your own rom, YES! It's open source!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OTA Update Center, Tool/Utility for the Android General

Contributors
    M3nti0n, Vetruvet, Dexter93
    Source Code: http://github.com/OTAUpdateCenter/ota-updater-2.0/

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.0.5
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-12

Created 2014-11-18
    Last Updated 2014-11-18
    Reserved
    We appreciate the feedback!!
    Home page updated! We are ready for the first ROMS ;)
    who says OTA is not possible for CUSTOM ROMS ??? :D