[Q] Noob needs help installing KatKiss ROM

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By MichelleChristiana92, Junior Member on 24th January 2014, 03:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2015, 02:05 AM |#21  

More
hey, I was following this thread's instructions and they have worked perfectly, but I have one problem with the gapps. they do not display in the TWRP for me to install and I was wondering if there was a specific spot to place the file? or do you have to rename it or anything of the sort from the .zip.md5 file extension?

12th February 2015, 05:05 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimblerBee

hey, I was following this thread's instructions and they have worked perfectly, but I have one problem with the gapps. they do not display in the TWRP for me to install and I was wondering if there was a specific spot to place the file? or do you have to rename it or anything of the sort from the .zip.md5 file extension?

not really, TWRP should recognize any zip file in the folder. You sure you downloaded the gapps ZIP file and not just its MD5 file? The MD5 file is only used for verifying the contents of the zip file itself (if I'm correct).
20th September 2015, 05:06 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Detection*

Plug the tablet into the PC > USB
Turn off your tablet
Put the Tablet into APX Mode (Volume Up & Power button)

You won't see anything on the tablet screen, but the PC should recognise it, that is the only indication that you have successfully entered APX Mode

Install APX Drivers

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1514942

Run EasyFlasher
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1688012

Depending on your tablet serial number you will need either SBK1 or SBK2 selection in EasyFlasher - easiest way to know if if your tablet serial starts with B4O > B6O it's SBK1, anything above that and it's SBK2 (Some B7Os are SBK1 but not many)

You need to select TWRP Recovery from EasyFlasher and flash that first

Once you have successfully flashed TWRP, you can flash any ROM you like from TWRP Recovery by booting into recovery
(Volume Down & Power until white text appears at the top of the screen, then release buttons and press volume up once)

Your TF101 does take Micro SD cards, it's a small slot on the lower right side of the tablet edge

Because you are coming from stock I would at this point suggest wiping everything from TWRP, but as you are not using a Micro SDCard, Im not 100% sure where you could store the ROM before wiping, so...

Copy the ROM & Gapps to your SDCard folder on your TF101 before wiping anything / before booting into recovery

Now boot into recovery and wipe only SYSTEM, CACHE & DALVIK CACHE

Now go to the INSTALL menu and find your KatKiss ROM & Gapps

Flash ROM then Gapps

Now back to the WIPE menu and wipe only CACHE & DALVIK CACHE

Now reboot

You should be booting into Kat Kiss now

My advice: Buy a MicroSD Card to make things much easier and have a way to recover your tablet if you accidentally wipe everything including your Custom ROM zip while you're inside recovery

Hi,

I have done all the steps you have listed successfully but when i flash the Katkiss5.1 ROM i get an error "failed to open zip" im using TWRP recovery. what could be the reason for the error?

I downloaded the Katkiss 5.1 ROM from here: http://public.timduru.org/Android/tf101/KatKiss/
Please help.
7th October 2015, 06:06 AM |#24  

More
Trying to install KatKiss but all the links on the EasyFlasher thread dont work for me? Anyone know where i can get the files from?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)