Nokia Lumia 710 - A Layman's guide to install CUSTOM ROM

Search This thread

psquicker

Jun 10, 2009
Hyderabad
Too Late Answer.. Yet thought to...

So i downloaded rainbow mod 2.1 and the downloader.exe. I also have fully unlocked my Lumia 710 with Nokia Care suite 5.0. The porblem is, when i launch downloader.exe and click download ROM, it says "Lumia Disks not founded!" and tells me to put my phone in osbl bode, which i did. HELP ME PLZ!!!

PUT your phone to NAND disk mode before trying oneclickdownloader.

If not bothered, try following all the steps, will take just aboout 10 minutes in total to finish things (if you have all the files with you).

psquicker

Jun 10, 2009
Hyderabad

I have installed custom roms perfectly by using this method.Goto the post of IonutZuker on 14th May 2013, 06:40 PM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2267334&page=2
Earlier, i was facing problem after completing 1st step.NSS Pro was not recognizing my phone completly.NSS Pro was showing the problem of NAND disk not found.

YES... and it is obvious...

Your phone needs to be on NAND DISK mode, if not you will get the error message.

But using NAND DISK without knowledge is dangerous...

If your phone is on Qualcomm BootLoeader, you can just skip first section and boot your phone to NAND Disk mode and install the ROM using OneClick Downloader.

But if you have just a minute extra, follow the entire post :p

Reactions: snkswt

akshayjbjhj

Mar 19, 2014
i have bootloaded my 510 but error

Checking file selection...Done.
Looking for NAND disk...Not found.
Are you sure you have development Qcom loader ?
please reply as soon as possibe:silly::(:confused:

Mar 24, 2014
Help before I do anything

Hello. I'm really interested in installing a custom mod on my Lumia 710, so I came here. But before I did anything, I wanted to get some "pre-help" form you guys. I want to know what are the benefits of installing a custom rom in terms of performance. Does it make the phone faster? Will it have less lag? Also, I use my computer's internet to connect on the phone (using the Zune software) since I don't currently have a data plan on the phone. Will I still be able to do this? Will I be able to sync music using Zune or will it become useless now? How about apps and games? Will I be able to get more apps from third party companies (for example, a different Twitter client) or only get the free full version of already existing ones (like Final Fantasy)? I will be able to install my current apps, like WhatsApp, right? And finally, if I do this, which rom is the best to install, RainbowMod 2.2 or Rataplan Final or any other one? I think that are all my questions. Thanks :)

cnilo.poyanco

Jun 13, 2014
Rataplan installed and rooted but still simlock

Hey guys,

Please I beg for your help. I installed rataplan following the tutorial, and it worked just fine. No issues. But the phone is still locked. I tried with other ROMs. Same deal.

Since the phone is for my brother I finally gave up and bought the code. But I cant enter it. Since I failed so many times before, it is now requesting for the puk code. I have the puk code of the original sim card and the new, but none works. I cant enter the unlock code as it has only 7 digits and the puk needs 8 (besides thats not the moment to enter it). I cant get out of the puk screen, I cant enter the code I bought, and even with the rooms installed and working the phone is still sim locked.

Any ideas would be INCREDIBLE appreciated.

psquicker

Jun 10, 2009
Hyderabad
You answered yourselves

Hey guys,

Please I beg for your help. I installed rataplan following the tutorial, and it worked just fine. No issues. But the phone is still locked. I tried with other ROMs. Same deal.

Since the phone is for my brother I finally gave up and bought the code. But I cant enter it. Since I failed so many times before, it is now requesting for the puk code. I have the puk code of the original sim card and the new, but none works. I cant enter the unlock code as it has only 7 digits and the puk needs 8 (besides thats not the moment to enter it). I cant get out of the puk screen, I cant enter the code I bought, and even with the rooms installed and working the phone is still sim locked.

Any ideas would be INCREDIBLE appreciated.

You picked the WRONG method...

The code it was asking, is for your SIM CARD (Mobile number) not for the phone...

Phone only asks for security code when you want to use microsoft services (mail setup).... you could get it using the link for free...

Now coming to your problem...
For PUK, you need to call your mobile operator and ask them for a PUK code for your SIM... They might need your SIM card number (printed on SIM card and it is not same as you mobile numner)... And this will be provided for free...

In case you have used up all the chances, got to network provider, local office... ask them for a replacement sim card... They will charge nominal fee for the SIM replacement.... Use it... If asks for security code, use SIM security code, not the phone security code...

In other words, your SIM card is blocked.. Not the Phone...

nickwagh1

Nov 21, 2014
my phone has enter nand idsk mode n the nss shows phone not found plzz plzz help

:confused::confused::(:(
For those who already have a QUALCOMM BOOTLOADER

1. Enter OSBL MODE.

WARNING: IF YOU GET FORMAT DISK MESSAGE IN WINDOWS - ALWAYS CLICK CANCEL.

2.Switch off the phone.
3. Press Volume UP and Power Key and wait for the short buzz abd release both butons. (To boot into NAND disk mode).

3. Run the oneClick DOWNLOADER (comes with the latest firmwares)
4. Choose the ROM. FLASH.
5. Once complete take the battery out; Re-Assemble, Switch on :)

OTHERS follow the following POST

NOTE: I do not take credit for any of the work by respective developers. I'm a lame user and that's my best quality. I would prefer things to be simple enough, if not I find one.

So for those who have been looking around for a Nokia Lumia 710 FULL UNLOCK and are jumbled with programs X, Y and Z and files A, B, C; everything seems right when your are following some steps and then, at some point of time, unfortunately for some it stuck and sucks. I've tried many things and the following is the one I like the most and find the easiest. Best of all, you don't have to worry about the DLOAD.

NOTE: One small mistake and you might brick the phone, so be careful.. I or the developers nor the forum is anyway responsible for your loss. But if you be careful, you won't have to worry.

READ the entire post and understand BEFORE you TRY

Step 1:
Download the required softwares.
( All required files are hyper-linked below )
i)> NSS PRO 0.48 or NSS PRO 0.51
ii)> QUALCOMM BOOTLOADER for Lumia 710
iii)> Depending on your system configuration, Windows USB Drivers either x86 or x64

iv)> Any one of your desired Custom ROM :

NOTE: You need only one ROM. so pick any. I've been using RATAPLAN's ROM.

Do Not Forget to thanks the Developer, whose ROM you are using.

Step 2:
Once you have all the files with you do prepare the program files for the FLASH.
a. Install the USB driver as per your system.
b. Extract the bootloader to a folder. You will get the following two files
RM803_12w07_prod_generic_nokia_osbl.esco
RM803_11w48_prod_raw_nokia_osbl.bin​
c. Extract the NSS to a folder
Now copy the two bootloader files to the following folder within NSS folder
loaders\special\wp7
Extract the Custom ROM to a folder. You should get a .nb file. If not, try another ROM​

IF you did the steps as stated, you are all ready.
Now before proceeding, make sure you have Enough battery back up on your phone and for the PC/Laptop (in case there is a powercut and you don't have enough backup, you won't have to but another paperweight.).

Step 3:
Flash your phone:
Did I Miss Something. No. You don't have to check for DLOAD. Not for Lumia 710. I already made it clear.
a. Connect your phone to PC. You don't have to do any button pressing or have to go to recovery mode.
b. Launch the NssPro.exe from the NSS folder in admin mode. Grant all the permissions the application asks for, if any.
When the allpication window is launched, make sure you know what is where. Use the snap for reference
step1if.jpg

Make sure, you select the USB port from port selection and alllow the application to detect the phone.
Once the application detects the phone it will show "Nokia USB connectivity.
Change the application mode to FLASHING
On the right side select WP7 Tools. You will get the Bootloader tools.​

c. Now refer the following screenshot and proceed.
step2g.jpg

i. In Advance Connectivity section select NORMAL Mode and then WP7 Qualcomm, if it does not detect automatically.
ii. In Bootloader tool select the OS file and locate your CUSTOM ROM to it.

Once you proceed further there is no going back. So be careful. Make sure that you have all the files in place as stated earlier and also you have installed all the drivers. Use CUSTOM ROMs for Lumia 710 only (Either your own or reliable developers). When Windows asks for format, ignore it. Do not respond to any pop up from any application other than the NSS. You should not leave the PC unattended for whatsoever reason. NEVER choose YES for FORMAT, simply close it.
iii. Hit the install. When asks for confirmation, select yes.
Wait for a while. Do Not Panic. Phone will go blank and will start in NAND DISK mode in a while. The connectivity mode will switch to NAND DISK DRIVE mode.​
. If Format option pop-ups, Select NO.
iv. Check the advance connectivity mode, and set as stated earlier to NORMAL and WP7 Qualcomm.
v. Hit the Write OS in the Bootloader tools. Wait for a while (usually 5 to 10 mins) Be patient. NSS will ask to restart the phone.
You cannot restart the phone. Take the battery out. Then again put it back and boot the phone.​
Close the NSS tool and any other pop-ups.

Your phone is now unlocked and loaded with a custom ROM

Step 4.
REACTIVATION of phone.
Your phone is ready to be used if you have used a correct ROM.

Sometimes, if you install a locked ROM or on on a Locked phone, your phone will be locked for LIVE ID usage. you'll have to ACTIVATE the phone to use LIVE login. You can still use other features though. Do not worry, as activation is as simple as chatting with a buddy. Just CLICK HERE and use chat and ask the customer care executive for activation code. They will need few of the details of the phone, and they will give the code. use this code to unlock LIVE usage.

Once again, I take no credit for the work. I'm just sharing the info in a clean manner. I use the method and works for me. Your Phone Your responsibility.

All links were alive when posting. If any link is dead, PM me. Response will not be prompt, but I'll make sure I respond to your requests.

Pikasack

Feb 25, 2015
Questions as i am a noob...

Ok, so i am going to try this on a Rogers Canada Lumia 710 that is already SIM unlocked.

So i just want some clarification.
I get everything, but when do i have to switch the connectivity back to Normal/ WP7 Qualcomm?

Also, when I take out the battery, can i unplug the usb as well?

(sorry, just new to all of this)

jaypatil

Jun 2, 2015
well.. Thanks But

This is only for Users Of lumia 710 with quadcomm Processor.. Problem Is Mine Is Lumia 710 With Nokia DLOAD What Should i do To Unlock It ?

shimjitht009

Jun 11, 2015
How to select a custom ROM suitable for me?

Can anyone please tell me how to select a custom ROM? I am having Lumia 710 (RM 803) with OS Version 7.10.8862.144 and Firmware revision no 1600.3036.8853.12440. What are the criteria for selecting a suitable custom ROM? I've seen many variants of them but couldn't understand what to match for....plz help me...

Last edited:

psquicker

Jun 10, 2009
Hyderabad
Sorry for the late response. I am not being online as earlier.
@nickwagh1: It seems to be Driver issue. You must install the USB driver. NOTE: it is supported in windows 7. Not sure about windows 8 and higher.
@Ramesh993: Windows 10 should be able to be installed on Lumia 710, but they are outdating the Hardware to increase sale. Windows 10 has screen resolution limitations, So Lumia 710 will not be supported. If someone ports it to Lumia 710, that's a different story altogether.

ramitjames

Oct 7, 2015
awesome work!!!

Hi, i ve unlocked and rooted my bro's lumia 710.... its working great,,,, BIGGGG thanks, for the easy guide....:D:D:D

Last edited:

FrengkySinaga

May 12, 2018
Jayapura, Papua
Question

I just unlock my lumia 710 using method from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMgshxLOp9k
and success.

Now i want to install custom ROM from this, but fail to enter OSBL mode (Nokia Lumia 710 downloader not detecting my device)

Here is my phone current status:
1. My phone is showing 8 drives with one of them is accessible showing two folders (IMAGE and KEYSTORE) and explorer show 7 other that need to format.
2. I have to remove and insert battery to turn on the phone after shutdown.
3. The phone was downgraded from Windows Phone 7.8 to 7.5

The question:
For status no. 1. Is that the warning "IF YOU GET FORMAT DISK MESSAGE IN WINDOWS - ALWAYS CLICK CANCEL"?

Is there another way to install custom ROM if I can't enter OSBL mode? (or at least how to solve the OSBL problem)

shinnen

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,
Thank you very much for you excellent instructions. It worked well, although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Thanks again,
... john

shinnen

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,
I installed Rataplan, but I'm not sure if it provides the best options for what I use' which are the camera and emails. I do not have a provider.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
...... john

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who already have a QUALCOMM BOOTLOADER

1. Enter OSBL MODE.

2.Switch off the phone.
    3. Press Volume UP and Power Key and wait for the short buzz abd release both butons. (To boot into NAND disk mode).

3. Run the oneClick DOWNLOADER (comes with the latest firmwares)
    4. Choose the ROM. FLASH.
    5. Once complete take the battery out; Re-Assemble, Switch on :)

OTHERS follow the following POST

NOTE: I do not take credit for any of the work by respective developers. I'm a lame user and that's my best quality. I would prefer things to be simple enough, if not I find one.

So for those who have been looking around for a Nokia Lumia 710 FULL UNLOCK and are jumbled with programs X, Y and Z and files A, B, C; everything seems right when your are following some steps and then, at some point of time, unfortunately for some it stuck and sucks. I've tried many things and the following is the one I like the most and find the easiest. Best of all, you don't have to worry about the DLOAD.

NOTE: One small mistake and you might brick the phone, so be careful.. I or the developers nor the forum is anyway responsible for your loss. But if you be careful, you won't have to worry.

READ the entire post and understand BEFORE you TRY

Step 1:
    Download the required softwares.
    ( All required files are hyper-linked below )
    i)> NSS PRO 0.48 or NSS PRO 0.51
    ii)> QUALCOMM BOOTLOADER for Lumia 710
    iii)> Depending on your system configuration, Windows USB Drivers either x86 or x64

iv)> Any one of your desired Custom ROM :

NOTE: You need only one ROM. so pick any. I've been using RATAPLAN's ROM.

Do Not Forget to thanks the Developer, whose ROM you are using.

Step 2:
    Once you have all the files with you do prepare the program files for the FLASH.
    a. Install the USB driver as per your system.
    b. Extract the bootloader to a folder. You will get the following two files
    RM803_12w07_prod_generic_nokia_osbl.esco
    RM803_11w48_prod_raw_nokia_osbl.bin​
    c. Extract the NSS to a folder
    Now copy the two bootloader files to the following folder within NSS folder
    loaders\special\wp7
    Extract the Custom ROM to a folder. You should get a .nb file. If not, try another ROM​

IF you did the steps as stated, you are all ready.
    Now before proceeding, make sure you have Enough battery back up on your phone and for the PC/Laptop (in case there is a powercut and you don't have enough backup, you won't have to but another paperweight.).

Step 3:
    Flash your phone:
    Did I Miss Something. No. You don't have to check for DLOAD. Not for Lumia 710. I already made it clear.
    a. Connect your phone to PC. You don't have to do any button pressing or have to go to recovery mode.
    b. Launch the NssPro.exe from the NSS folder in admin mode. Grant all the permissions the application asks for, if any.
    When the allpication window is launched, make sure you know what is where. Use the snap for reference
    step1if.jpg

Make sure, you select the USB port from port selection and alllow the application to detect the phone.
    Once the application detects the phone it will show "Nokia USB connectivity.
    Change the application mode to FLASHING
    On the right side select WP7 Tools. You will get the Bootloader tools.​

c. Now refer the following screenshot and proceed.
    step2g.jpg

i. In Advance Connectivity section select NORMAL Mode and then WP7 Qualcomm, if it does not detect automatically.
    ii. In Bootloader tool select the OS file and locate your CUSTOM ROM to it.

Once you proceed further there is no going back. So be careful. Make sure that you have all the files in place as stated earlier and also you have installed all the drivers. Use CUSTOM ROMs for Lumia 710 only (Either your own or reliable developers). When Windows asks for format, ignore it. Do not respond to any pop up from any application other than the NSS. You should not leave the PC unattended for whatsoever reason. NEVER choose YES for FORMAT, simply close it.
    iii. Hit the install. When asks for confirmation, select yes.
    Wait for a while. Do Not Panic. Phone will go blank and will start in NAND DISK mode in a while. The connectivity mode will switch to NAND DISK DRIVE mode.​
    . If Format option pop-ups, Select NO.
    iv. Check the advance connectivity mode, and set as stated earlier to NORMAL and WP7 Qualcomm.
    v. Hit the Write OS in the Bootloader tools. Wait for a while (usually 5 to 10 mins) Be patient. NSS will ask to restart the phone.
    You cannot restart the phone. Take the battery out. Then again put it back and boot the phone.​
    Close the NSS tool and any other pop-ups.

Your phone is now unlocked and loaded with a custom ROM

Step 4.
    REACTIVATION of phone.
    Your phone is ready to be used if you have used a correct ROM.

Sometimes, if you install a locked ROM or on on a Locked phone, your phone will be locked for LIVE ID usage. you'll have to ACTIVATE the phone to use LIVE login. You can still use other features though. Do not worry, as activation is as simple as chatting with a buddy. Just CLICK HERE and use chat and ask the customer care executive for activation code. They will need few of the details of the phone, and they will give the code. use this code to unlock LIVE usage.

Once again, I take no credit for the work. I'm just sharing the info in a clean manner. I use the method and works for me. Your Phone Your responsibility.

All links were alive when posting. If any link is dead, PM me. Response will not be prompt, but I'll make sure I respond to your requests.
    Hmmmm... Just the UNLOCK....

What if I just want to unlock the phone and not to install the custom rom...thus it will work i mean it'll unlock my phone using the qualcomm loader files only.

Well, That is completely upto you. But consider the following scenarios, b'cause I have no idea what your UNLOCK mode means.

Case 1: If phone software is not hacked, you cannot install YOUR own softwares without having to purchase from the MarketPlace. You'll have to install applications only through MarketPlace.
    Case 2: If you think, installing the Qualcomm bootloader will unlock your phone, then you are mistaking; it will only enable your phone to install any firmware on it (simply saying it will be a dumb rock until you install a firmware).

Case 3: If your phone is carrier locked, and you want to use it on any other network: Simply insert the new SIM card and follow the LAST LINK IN THE ORIGINAL POST. But use it only after a fresh ROM installation or Phone Hard Reset.
    Carrier Unlock

thnx for ur reply i understand it..and mine is case 3 i just want to unlock the carrier locked phone i have two phones with me but i dont have clear tutorial to unlock it if you know please guide me thnx in adv.

Installing the custom rom should debrand the phone.... Nothing more to be done.

Else use NSS PRO 0.51 in original post. There is a section to unlock the SIM.

I have installed custom roms perfectly by using this method.Goto the post of IonutZuker on 14th May 2013, 06:40 PM
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2267334&page=2
    Earlier, i was facing problem after completing 1st step.NSS Pro was not recognizing my phone completly.NSS Pro was showing the problem of NAND disk not found.

YES... and it is obvious...

Your phone needs to be on NAND DISK mode, if not you will get the error message.

But using NAND DISK without knowledge is dangerous...

If your phone is on Qualcomm BootLoeader, you can just skip first section and boot your phone to NAND Disk mode and install the ROM using OneClick Downloader.

But if you have just a minute extra, follow the entire post :p