[APP development]Windows Phone music player

Search This thread

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
Hi,

I re-installed win 10 mobile and installed latest MC Media Center V2.2.0.0 and I can't go to track list.
I added folder and subfolders from Music Explorer. When I tap main screen nothing happens (usually another view appeared which I could slide ti a track list). Please advise on what has changed and how to get to the list.

Thanks,
Anatoli

Sadly I can not help with windows 10 mobile previews. I do not have any phone running it, so I can't see what is going on wrong :(

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
After a long period of WTF moments, I will submit the first version of the app to feature an equalizer tomorrow. It will likely be available for download by the end of the week.

Equalizer does not yet work with all codecs: only ffmpeg based one works. In the future, it will be extended to work with the old decoders for flac, ogg and opus.

Reactions: JLowe and VSparxx

Opus Dei

May 8, 2011
Belgrade
My folder where I put my music is empty, when I try to play it...Some help pls.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20151018_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20151018_0001.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 135
  • wp_ss_20151018_0002.png
    wp_ss_20151018_0002.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 128
  • wp_ss_20151018_0003.png
    wp_ss_20151018_0003.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 126
  • wp_ss_20151018_0004.png
    wp_ss_20151018_0004.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 114
  • wp_ss_20151018_0005.png
    wp_ss_20151018_0005.png
    51 KB · Views: 94

anatoli_k

Apr 23, 2015
Hi mcosmin222,
If Lockscreen is swithced ON, and I switch to another app and switch back, the Lockscreen icon is hightlighted but the function doesn't work. I need to switch it ON again and this works, but the icon isn't changed (that is correct because it's really ON now) and this is confusing because I don't know if the command accepted.
Can you synchronise the button look and the state of the function after restoring the app please?

Reactions: mcosmin222

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
I will look into it.

Just so you know, I recently changed the underlaying data storage system (switched to something that is easier to manage), and this introduced a lot of bugs, so it will take a while till new version is released.

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
I am working on a new version which will speed things up.

On the other hand, the app does not support windows 10 mobile yet due to system API bugs.

mosaiques

Apr 14, 2009
Santa Fe
Great app mcosmin222!!
I've tried on my Lumia 950 and it works, even thou Windows Phone 10 is not supported.
I am interested specially in the cue-sheet support for audio playback. It works but with gaps between songs, not nice for classical music. ;)
Is Monkey's Audio going to be supported in the future?
Great effort, keep on going!

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
Great app mcosmin222!!
I've tried on my Lumia 950 and it works, even thou Windows Phone 10 is not supported.
I am interested specially in the cue-sheet support for audio playback. It works but with gaps between songs, not nice for classical music. ;)
Is Monkey's Audio going to be supported in the future?
Great effort, keep on going!

Cue gaps should be fixed in the current version (just went live yesterday).

.ape should be playing too.

Reactions: mosaiques

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
Hmmmm...

Ok I will look into it.
In the mean time you can use some other sort of format for your cue file.

EDIT: .ape playback works fine.

Send over the cue file to me so I can see if there's anything wrong with it.

Last edited:

mosaiques

Apr 14, 2009
Santa Fe
Congratulations mcosmin222!!
Last update (2.4.4.5) played the CueSheet files without problems!! :good:
If I may, I could suggest some things for future releases.
- ANSI support for cue files.
- The possibility to load the CD cover automatically if there is a photo file in the folder, like "front.jpg", "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" as Foobar or Poweramp do.
- A slide bar to jump forward or backward in-between the song.
Anyway it's a great app.
Thanks!!

Last edited:

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
Congratulations mcosmin222!!
Last update (2.4.4.5) played the CueSheet files without problems!! :good:
If I may, I could suggest some things for future releases.
- ANSI support for cue files.
- The possibility to load the CD cover automatically if there is a photo file in the folder, like "front.jpg", "cover.jpg" or "folder.jpg" as Foobar or Poweramp do.
- A slide bar to jump forward or backward in-between the song.
Anyway it's a great app.
Thanks!!

ANSI support: maybe.
external covers: already done, check settings > metadata
Slide bar > already done, you can swipe up and down in now playing view.

mosaiques

Apr 14, 2009
Santa Fe
ANSI support: maybe.
Fantastic!

external covers: already done, check settings > metadata
I've tried that: Settings/Metadata/File metadata source I choose "Folder covers" and in File cover names --> Folder.jpg
The Folder.jpg is in the same folder than the music files but somehow MC doesn't load it. Is there a limit in size and/or pixel quantity for the jpg?

Slide bar > already done, you can swipe up and down in now playing view.
Sorry, my bad. I've just realized that. :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 10 mobile and Windows Phone 8.1 apps will most likely be 2 different packages: this will allow you to continue using the 8.1 version on windows 10 if you so desire.

Store availability

10: Available
    8.1: Available
    7.8/8.0: Unavailable, no longer supported

Most of the features will be common

• Browse files and folders for music & videos
    • Support for most audio formats
    • Favorites & History
    • Built in file explorer
    • Integration with any cloud based storage
    • Equalizer
    • Customization options
    • Tabbed playback queues
    • NFC automation
    • Control playback from the start screen
    • Rewind/fast forward from UVC
    • Toggle track repeat and randomizer from UVC buttons.

Windows Phone 8.1 only features - so far
    • Live tile animation coupled with metadata tile (these will be mutually exclusive in windows 10)

Windows Phone 10 only features - so far
    • Continuum support
    • Support for PCs, tablets and other x86 based computers

*******************************************************************************************************[/B]

Windows Phone 7.5/7.8 & 8.0 Versions: -> download this if your carrier doesn't give you the 8.1 update or you are running on windows phone 7.8 devices (2010-2011 windows phone series!, OTHERWISE download from the first link. This app is no longer in development and only stays hidden in the marketplace for continuity purposes for windows phone 7 users!

An equalizer is on its way ... :)
    I still haven't been able to transfer files using desktop app. I also read that local storage has been disabled on the new version, is it correct?
    I am really confused on this app, and looks like I am not the only one since some other people also brought it up on some of the quotes.

I am however excited on the new version coming up too, I hope things will be better. Do we have an ETA date? cheers

The new version is only available for windows phone 8.1 and it comes as a separate app due to the breaking changes that occurred in windows phone 8.1 background audio infrastructure (plus, a clean start is desired).

I will send the app for certification on the 15th of may. Should be available a few days latter.

For windows phone 8, local storage needs a folder called "media player" on the SD card, or a folder called "media player" in your skydrive. If your desktop client doesn't work for whatever reasons, simply change the extensions of your music files by adding a D for mp3s, wmas, wavs (flac and ogg keep the same extension), and then copy the files to your SD card to Media Player folder (subfolders are not supported), so basically, for SD card users, mp3 becomes mp3d, wav becomes wavd, wma becomes wmad.

If your phone does not have an SD card, upload your music to skydrive. From there you can either do mass download from the same Media Player named folder, or you can use the explorer to download manually.
    That's a nice project :3 better than nokia or default player

I only have a question, how do you manage to integrate some new codecs to play flac? I am amazed. I was trying hard to integrate some new video codecs but I never get it :S

Congrats!

You need a media stream source.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh180779(v=vs.95).aspx

I've written this article to explain how to create a FLAC media stream source. It also explains how media stream sources work in general.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...play-flac-files-in-windows-phone-using-c.aspx

You will use a MediaElement instead of a background audio player. You will use its .SetSource method to a media stream source to play video samples.
    Good news everyone, stable version achieved:)

submited for update.