Thanks Meter: 6,491

Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2015, 10:00 AM |#2701  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

---
@m0d : thanks for the in-depth analysis. Will be useful to correct the issue you reported.

You are wlecome. Thank you for the grat app.

Two things I noticed, though.
Manually creating file allows the import of the entry. But, in one case I had to delete it in order to resume download, (YTD does not handle existence of file due to the fact that it already renames it (to .download), therefore it expects it not to be there).
Also, it might be better to just handle Queue as in progress after all - do not back up until queued are completed. As some of the downloads that were in Queued state already started earlier. But, after I imported them it resumed wrong, (did not MUX in some cases). Which means that it did not check the exact point of where the download was, i.e. downloading video / audio / or MUX .

It might have took longer, but I was able to add the files back to dashboard. In the end Queued states are better off handled as in progress since they require some work to be completely compatible, (or just import them and delete all already downloaded files (.mpg temp and .m4a temp files) to Force redownload to make sure it downloads properly).

12th October 2015, 06:37 PM |#2702  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@m0d
I'll handle "queued" entries as in progress or paused: in the sense that they will inhibit the dashboard backup. This simplifies all. Happened that you backed up them due to the lack of a check (I thought they could not exists if anything is in progress; wrong: probably they do sometimes if the app is shut down by the system). Now I simply added this check. I prefer to not touch the stuff regarding the .download extension since I had hard times to fit all into the new multi-thread paradigm. Would be insane to refactor everything in regards.

Concluding: you will not have anymore this problem with hanged queued items.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
14th October 2015, 09:27 PM |#2703  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Cant download videos to sd card
I cant download videos to sd please fix it is a very good app.
14th October 2015, 10:35 PM |#2704  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaski851

I cant download videos to sd please fix it is a very good app.

A development version in regards will be available. I don't know how soon, due to daytime job commitments.
So stay tuned and check the beta thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
16th October 2015, 12:39 PM |#2705  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The sdcard support on the beta 4.7 does still not work on Lollipop.. Any work on that??

Sent fra min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk
16th October 2015, 01:49 PM |#2706  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@alemic1998
Runtime permissions and external sdcard support are two different things.
From two posts above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda_dentex

A development version in regards will be available. I don't know how soon, due to daytime job commitments.
So stay tuned and check the beta thread.

17th October 2015, 10:12 AM |#2707  

More
Firstly, thank you for this wonderful app. The best YT downloader i've tried so far! 2 thumbs up.
Just curious mate, are we expecting any subtitle download support in the future?
17th October 2015, 11:20 AM |#2708  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by istribo

Firstly, thank you for this wonderful app. The best YT downloader i've tried so far! 2 thumbs up.
Just curious mate, are we expecting any subtitle download support in the future?

Thanks mate.

In regards to subtitle downloads, I had some plans, but unfortunately the thing has been laying on my to-do list for quite some time now.
Too many things to fix or implement and few time to work on the app. Would be possible. I cannot assure any ETA though.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
17th October 2015, 02:05 PM |#2709  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
@Kaski851 @alemic1998 and to anyone interested:
take a look here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post63347227
And please post related comment there, not on this thread. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda_dentex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda_dentex Ad-Free
18th October 2015, 12:52 AM |#2710  

More
Hi, I download a 2gb 1080p 2h video from youtube, I install the ffmpeg codec and the video was supposed to be correctly converted according to the youtube downloader message, unfortunateley i'm not able to play it on any device, android phone or pc. I had this error,
es error: cannot peak,
ps error: cannot peak,
mjpeg error: cannot peak,
mpgv error: cannot peak,
core error: no suitable demux

What happened ? How can I solve this error ?
thanks
18th October 2015, 09:09 AM |#2711  

More
Cant download videos to sd card
And just in case. I have and xperia Z and Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adfree, youtube downloader android dentex free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)