FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TiVo app blocks streaming on rooted phones (formerly TiVo app not working)

757 posts
Thanks Meter: 243

By DrPhant0m, Senior Member on 11th March 2014, 06:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2015, 07:17 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Thanks for asking because it made me look, and while I still have Substrate installed, it's currently not linked/enabled.
Therefore, TiVo app must have relaxed its "modified device" checks! A step in the right direction, hooray!

So @rey_1178 seems maybe it does have to do with ROM - probably does a check for non-OEM identifiers or something.

Well, then, I reckon I'll have to give this another try....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

12th October 2015, 07:52 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

Thanks for asking because it made me look, and while I still have Substrate installed, it's currently not linked/enabled.
Therefore, TiVo app must have relaxed its "modified device" checks! A step in the right direction, hooray!

Yeah, I think what happened was, there were lots of folks reporting false positives (meaning, the app wouldn't stream for them on their NON-rooted devices, and gave that same error) so thankfully TiVo had to do the right thing and just turn that mechanism off entirely.

I was really happy to see this change, and I hope it stays that way.
14th October 2015, 01:46 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
Quote:

Possibly. I'm running stock ROM with root.

Root Cloak (via Xposed) and Root Cloak Plus (via Cydia Substrate) are completely different animals, so definitely worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this is a no go. I don't want to go back to touchwiz so maybe I'll have to consider a sling box.
14th October 2015, 03:47 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Slingbox is a great solution. Slingbox's adaptive streaming, and thorough ability to stream any content (including live TV) coming from your TiVo, are great. I wish they'd work past IR control though (and used network control instead) because the laggy UI can be a drag. And using a Slingbox takes over that TiVo, so others still at home would be stuck watching whatever the Slingbox does. That said, it's still a very solid solution for travelers and place-shifters.

Also take a look at this Plex Media Server plug-in that accesses your home's TiVo and makes your recordings available for streaming/downloading to Plex clients: https://github.com/TheCase/Tivo.bundle
(Discussion here.)

And also, assuming you have a TiVo Stream device, or integrated Stream ability in your Roamio or Bolt, take a look at TiVo's own web app for streaming, at least to your laptop. It's pretty slick. http://online.tivo.com
7th December 2016, 03:47 PM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
UPDATE: I found the apk and it works.

Reviving this thread as I have come upon this issue now in late 2016. I'm running the Tivo app version 3.2 released Apr 5, 2016 on my Verizon HTC One m8. Whenever I try to out-of-home stream non-copy protected shows from my Verizon FIOS Roamio Pro, I get the error about my device being modified and it won't stream. Is there any known workaround for this version of the app? If not, could someone post an apk of a version that works? Thanks in advance.
9th December 2016, 06:31 PM |#126  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapin01

Reviving this thread as I have come upon this issue now in late 2016. I'm running the Tivo app version 3.2 released Apr 5, 2016 on my Verizon HTC One m8. Whenever I try to out-of-home stream non-copy protected shows from my Verizon FIOS Roamio Pro, I get the error about my device being modified and it won't stream. Is there any known workaround for this version of the app? If not, could someone post an apk of a version that works? Thanks in advance.

This seems contradictory...
You stare that you found an apk that works and follow up with that it won't stream.
10th December 2016, 11:50 PM |#127  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo

This seems contradictory...
You stare that you found an apk that works and follow up with that it won't stream.

The follow up was finding the apk. The streaming issue was the first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to terrapin01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift terrapin01 Ad-Free
11th December 2016, 12:07 AM |#128  

More
Quote:

The follow up was finding the apk. The streaming issue was the first post.

Ok, my bad!
I read the entire post ad the update.

Which version of the tivo app works and where did you find it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
tivo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)