[ROM] [SVN] - SuperZen - 2.20.40.156 Full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
I kind of skipped .97, but I just saw something about a new build (.127 I think?). I'll be updating to that Sunday night if the full ROM is available.

I'm out of town this weekend on a mini family vacation. We're killing some time in Chicago.

yvessparks

Dec 22, 2014
I kind of skipped .97, but I just saw something about a new build (.127 I think?). I'll be updating to that Sunday night if the full ROM is available.

I'm out of town this weekend on a mini family vacation. We're killing some time in Chicago.
Man, if that's just 'killing time'....I'm a jealous man ;)

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

doonyuen

Oct 17, 2008
i am uing this rom from v19 with zenfone 2
i am now buying a new one for my company. will this rom work for the new zenfone 2 (the one call zenfone 2 Deluxe) ? the model of zenfone 2 deluxe is also 551....

vipercoyote

Apr 2, 2013
I really want to flash this. Are there any known bugs to know of before I do so and how do you guys take updates?

Zetsubou Sensei

Sep 19, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I really want to flash this. Are there any known bugs to know of before I do so and how do you guys take updates?
Flash it dude. Excellent ROM.

There are battery draining bugs but they are the same as on the stock ROM. I run this with Project T kernel and L Speed mod 3.2 and its beautiful

This is an excellent ROM and is it is really responsive. I used TWRP to flash the ROM and I do NOT recommend using the stock Asus bootloader unlock method as on my second phone it now is stuck rebooting after 5 seconds when in bootloader. Google "Zenfone 2 unofficial bootloader unlock" and then root your phone. Directions should be in the OP after that.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
i am uing this rom from v19 with zenfone 2
i am now buying a new one for my company. will this rom work for the new zenfone 2 (the one call zenfone 2 Deluxe) ? the model of zenfone 2 deluxe is also 551....

Pretty sure the only differences are the back design (back cover is changeable anyway), and the storage. I think deluxe has 64GB/128GB. ROM should work on it without any issues. Unless I'm forgetting something different.

Are there any known bugs to know of before I do so and how do you guys take updates?

No introduced bugs. Same issues as the stock ROM. Since this is mostly stock, I tried my best to not introduce new bugs.

Asus updater is removed (since it would fail to flash in TWPR anyway), and I update by pulling down the full ROM release from the Asus site and merging changes in. It isn't based on the OTA, which is what a few others do (just a personal choice for the ROM). I just prefer to do it this way, since it guarantees a complete new base on each release. Other than that, updates are really only done as necessary. I didn't want to add too much in, so there isn't much reason to update outside of Asus build updates.
Of course if we change things, we update new builds as we go.

I flashed this Rom and I love it so far did u modified the stock kernel or?

Nothing major. Just insecure and enabling adb by default.

mbolinao

Dec 20, 2010
Manila
anyone else having a display issue with this rom? I noticed that when I unlock the phone from sleep, the colors on the screen are too washed out and they slowly regain color back. I am sure it's not the backlight, but the color itself. I can reproduce the issue (for example, with FB app open since its blue/gray/white colors are perfect as test screen) when I lock and unclock the phone repeatedly (in succession) and the issue becomes more noticeable. Note that the Splendid app is all in default settings and using Balanced mode. But Im still suspecting that Splendid has something to do with it?
This problem is not present on another custom rom that im also using (AOSP-base) as i try to reproduce it and/or use it normally, display works fine.

Last edited:

doonyuen

Oct 17, 2008
hi all

i am using 64g now, and going to upgrade to 128g

do anyone know, if i useTWRP to do full backup, possible to restore to the 128g ?

kcokla

Jan 13, 2011
Im on cyanogen mod and want to try this bevcause its just so unstable - how do i flash this on?

when i click the SuperZen lastest version theres a bunch of files in there -

normally with cyanogen there is just one and i use the twrp thing to load it up

A_Bunny

Oct 24, 2013
St. John's
Hello today I flashed this rom and everything works great except for double tap to wake / sleep which doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Hello today I flashed this rom and everything works great except for double tap to wake / sleep which doesn't seem to be working.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: got it working it was a setting that I didn't have checked.

Reactions: Harfainx

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
anyone else having a display issue with this rom? I noticed that when I unlock the phone from sleep, the colors on the screen are too washed out and they slowly regain color back. I am sure it's not the backlight, but the color itself. I can reproduce the issue (for example, with FB app open since its blue/gray/white colors are perfect as test screen) when I lock and unclock the phone repeatedly (in succession) and the issue becomes more noticeable. Note that the Splendid app is all in default settings and using Balanced mode. But Im still suspecting that Splendid has something to do with it?
This problem is not present on another custom rom that im also using (AOSP-base) as i try to reproduce it and/or use it normally, display works fine.

No idea, literally changed nothing regarding screen, brightness, or colors.

Just did a quick test backing up, then uninstalling, then restoring an app. Worked great!

Thanks for testing that out. I thought it worked, but honestly couldn't remember. :good:

hi all

i am using 64g now, and going to upgrade to 128g

do anyone know, if i useTWRP to do full backup, possible to restore to the 128g ?

Should be fine. Might want to be careful about restoring app data, as going between devices can cause some weird things to happen.

Thanks!

Also, does this ROM has a built in spellchecker? Not like the stock ROM where the spellchecker is incorporated in the keyboard....

Just whatever came in the ROM. I left the original keyboard in place, didn't add anything that would check spelling.

EDIT: got it working it was a setting that I didn't have checked.

we call get caught by some random check box at some point. ;)

Reactions: Amstro

hshaikh

Jul 30, 2008
Love this rom. Been using for a while. Just wanted to know why is there no updates for a while. There have been new otas for this phone. Are they not different than current version? Or is the developers waiting for 5.1 or 6

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Love this rom. Been using for a while. Just wanted to know why is there no updates for a while. There have been new otas for this phone. Are they not different than current version? Or is the developers waiting for 5.1 or 6
Or we are busy with our offline lives and don't have time to update right now

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Reactions: spacecowboy618

yvessparks

Dec 22, 2014
Welcome to yet another rant from me explaining how rude it is to ask for ota's. Actually I will leave it there, you know you've been rude.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - SuperZen -

ROM is officially CLOSED

Standard Disclaimer: We are not responsible for you breaking your phone, your house, your car, your cat, your beer, etc. Make a backup before flashing! You never know what could go wrong.

Current ROM Version: 2.20.40.156
    ---> This is for the 551 model <---
    ----------​

** System takes quite a while to flash! Please be patient.

Requirements:
    • Your bootloader must be unlocked
    • Must flash in TWRP (possibly CWM?) - Not stock recovery
    • Clean flash if coming from anything other than a previous build of this

Info:
    • Deodexed
    • Insecure Boot
    • Black Splash Screen
    • Rooted w/ SuperSU
    • ADB enabled by default
    • Custom boot animation - By @thoughtlesskyle
    • Roam Theme pre-installed - By @thoughtlesskyle
    • Removed Junk - See below for details
    • Removed adb notification
    • Removed PCLink pop-up on Windows when connecting
    • Removed Headphone Notification & icon
    • Removed System Update / Notification
    • Flashable zips add-ins to bring back some of the apps if you want them (in second post)
    • Additional flashable zip that can be used to help bring stock users over to this without doing a clean flash (in second post)
    • Re-added the strangely removed WMV & WMA decoders, and the MPEG4 encoder codecs

To Do:
    Still working on it to make it cleaner and slimmer.
    Remove "External Storage Mounted" on every reboot

Broken Things:
    A bunch of ASUS stuff is removed, so nothing is broken really, but you might be missing things if you use some of them.

What's removed?
    Code:
    Removed from /system/app

Asphalt
    AsusAs
    AsusBoost
    ASUSBrowser
    AsusFMRadio
    AsusFMService
    AsusMirror
    AWS
    BasicDreams
    BbblerActors
    Books
    BRapps
    CleanMaster
    DataTransfor
    DMClient
    Dreye
    Ezding
    eztable
    Flipfont
    Galaxy4
    Gameloft
    HoloSpriralWallpaper
    JawboneUp
    Kindle
    KKBox
    MFinanceHK-Bold
    Music2
    MyAsus
    MyFrame
    MYingHei_18030-M
    MYuppyHK_Medium
    MyWater
    Newsstand
    NoiseField
    Omlet
    PCLinkBinary
    PCLinkManager
    PhaseBeam
    PhotoFrameWidget
    PhotoTable
    PlayGames
    QuickMemo
    QuickMemoService
    RemoteLink
    Syndor
    SystemUpdate
    Transformer
    Tripadvisor
    UpdateLauncher
    Videos
    VisualizationWallpapers
    WhatsNext
    WidiInputService
    YahooAuction
    YahooECShopping
    YahooMall
    ZenTalkStub
    ZenUIHelp
    ZinioReader
    ZinioSettingsProvider

Removed from /system/priv-app

AsusBackup
    AsusEasyCall
    AsusEasyLauncher
    AsusFreshGreenTheme
    AsusKidsLauncher
    AsusLiveDemoService
    AsusLiveDemoUI
    AsusLovelyPinkTheme
    AsusPhotoCollage
    AsusTask
    ASUSZenUIPCSuite
    DrSafety
    FlipCover2
    GameCenter
    LogUploader
    MicroFilm
    PartyRimBinary
    ShareRimBinary
    SuperNote
    ZenCircle

Removed extra files associated with removed apps

Notes & Info
    I don't want to modify the SysUI on this, due to pretty frequent updates from ASUS.

To change home screen Grid size:
    Long Press on a blank space > Preferences > Home Screen > Grid Size

To remove "Do not disturb" notification:
    Go to 'Settings' > 'Do not disturb' > (Very Bottom) 'Notification' > Off

To remove "Battery Ready" notification:
    Go to 'Settings' > 'Battery' > Menu > 'Set Battery charging ready reminder' > Never (or whatever percent you want)

*Data removal flashable zip in second post. This can be used if you want to come from stock to this ROM. Flash full ROM first, then flash data removal. This will remove the updated Asus apps from the stock build, but will not wipe the rest of your data partition.

*This will not delete data or user installed apps. This will wipe /system so as to remove all the bloat, even if coming from stock doing an upgrade.

Thanks to:
    team d3rp - You fine folks are the best
    @thoughtlesskyle for donating your time to make awesome things
    @mrrogers1 for hosting the SVN for us (and dealing with all our nonsense)
    @TheSSJ and others for TWRP
    @ravian29, @kanagawaben, @shakalaca, and others for bootloader unlock

Changelog
    Code:
    [b]2015.11.25[/b] 2.20.40.156 base
    WMV and wma decoder codecs were commented out (removed) - Added back in
    MPEG4 encoder codec was commented out (removed) - Added back in

[b]2015.12.30[/b] 2.20.40.139 base
    Way behind, so I do apologize
    Default Grid Size is 4x5. This can be easily changed in the future.

[b]2015.09.10[/b] 2.20.40.90 base
    Asus System Update notification removed (again, sorry folks)
    Asphalt removed

[b]2015.08.13[/b] 2.20.40.59 base
    ULTAR Mode!

[b]2015.07.31[/b]
    GTFO headphone notification (R15) - Thought I removed this before, my apologies for it showing back up
    Added more sweet wallpapers - Courtesy of [user=1373751]@thoughtlesskyle[/user]
    Fixed the ability to write to SDcard (R14) - Thanks for the info [user=1060541]@helroz[/user]

[b]2015.07.21[/b]
    Put Auto-Start back in (R13)
    Updated Add-Ins in second post for deodex

[b]2015.07.20[/b]
    Deodexed
    Added back AudioWizard
    Removed Transformer (mostly just leftover code from PadFone and other Asus devices)

[b]2015.07.17[/b]
    Removed FlipCover (R11)
    Added R10 download link
    Created a "Data Removal" flash zip to bring stock ROM people over to this without having to completely wipe (will be in second post)

[b]2015.07.16[/b]
    Added XT9IME back in (R10). That was the Asus keyboard. oops. Luckily at least I didn't post a zip build of that. It only impacted SVN.

[b]2015.07.13[/b]
    Removed more stuff: AsusAs, AsusBoost, AudioWizard, AudioWizardView, DataTransfor, MyFrame, WidiInputService, XT9IME, and LogUploader

[b]2015.07.10[/b]
    Long System Format issue resolved - Thanks to [user=2388665]@TheSSJ[/user] for the info.
    PCLink Pop-up removed on PC Connection (still shows a CD drive, but no pop-up. Tried to fix it and I broke boot)
    Removed adb notification
    New PCLink.22 flashable zip uploaded

[b]2015.07.09[/b]
    Tweaks to Roam
    Black Splashscreen actually flashes now (my fault)
    Added some cleanup to flash script

[b]2015.07.07:[/b] 2.19.40.22 base
    Project name change!
    Default Wallpapers changed - Screenshots attached
    A few orphaned files removed
    SystemUpdate removed

[b]2015.07.02:[/b] 2.19.40.20 base
    All previous additions are added
    Cleaned up a few more orphaned files
    Updated Roam theme
    *Adding slight update for home screen - Removing ASUS and Google folders, adding Gmail to home screen
    Added /system wipe. Now you can dirty flash over a previously rooted build (1.2.2)

[b]2015.06.27[/b]
    Removed more from /app & /priv-app (Noted in list with *)
    Cleaned up stock home screens
    Cleaned up random files for removed garbage
    Included Roam theme pre-installed (not default).

[b]2015.06.26:[/b] Initial Release
    Pictures of boot animation & Roam pictures added

**Special Note: As always, please be sure to ask if you'd like to use any part of our changes. This is a custom ROM, not a base for you to build on. We have put a lot of time into making this work right (as the first custom ROM for the ZF2). Please don't just use this as your own without being the one to do the work.
    **Graphics, Themes, etc: If you'd like to use any of the images, themes, splash screens, etc, please talk to @thoughtlesskyle. He's the graphic magician.

DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE IN SECOND POST

Kernel: Stock ASUS Kernel

XDA:DevDB Information
    SuperZen - ZE551, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    Harfainx, thoughtlesskyle
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: R22
    Stable Release Date: 2015-12-30

Created 2015-06-26
    Last Updated 2015-12-30
    Downloads & Things

SVN Link
    SVN Checkout:
    SVN is currently on 139
    http://teamd3rpg2.mrrogers1.org/ZenF2SuperZen070215

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW

SuperZen R22

Old Builds

R21 - SuperZen R21

R20v2 - SuperZen R20 v2

R19 - SuperZen R19

------------------------------------------
    Add-Ons:
    *Flash below files in TWRP after flashing ROM if you want to add them back in

Remove Asus apps from Data:
    Note: This is if you are coming from stock and have updated your apps.
    If you clean flash (wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik) then you do not need this. This is if you're coming from stock and don't want to wipe everything out (keep your apps that you downloaded, etc). I still suggest a full, clean wipe.

Upon updating from the Play Store, the Asus apps are in /data/app, so just flashing SuperZen does not get rid of them.

This flashable zip will remove the same Asus apps from /data/app that are removed in the main ROM. This will not remove anything from system. It only cleans the data portion. *This does not remove Kindle, since people might actually use that.

I grabbed 40.90 from the Asus server this morning. Hopefully I'll have it put together and ready to go in a few hours. :highfive:
    Alright folks, this thread and ROM are officially dead. I haven't had time to build on it, and a month ago we had a burglary at home and this phone (among many other electronics) was stolen from my home. I haven't bothered to replace it, since I didn't really use it much anyway.

It's been fun, and I would like to apologize for leaving it where it is, but there are plenty of other options out there. Thanks for all the support!
    I'm just going to leave this here...

R21 - 2.20.40.139

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61562299&postcount=2