[WIP] NORMA V12 N900A ATT Version

Search This thread

wayne8821212

Feb 2, 2009
Baltimore
Thanks for the Roms! I am trying out Phronesis first. Is Phronesis a stand-alone Rom? In other words, does it fully work out of the box with no additional zips to download and flash (other than the Kernel)? Are Alliance control, the mail fix and the S6 Cam for Norma only or can any of them be used on Phronesis? Thanks!!!

Phronesis seems very snappy. My only problem was the time was not advance in 2 of my three weather/clock widgets. I just flashed the OC1 firmware and it is fine now (I might have flashed the kernel after initial install).
Still wondering if any of the addons are for Phronesis or are they for Norma (judging from their positioning in the OP). Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: ronny1009

BLK♤Ninja

May 24, 2015
Thanks for the Roms! I am trying out Phronesis first. Is Phronesis a stand-alone Rom? In other words, does it fully work out of the box with no additional zips to download and flash (other than the Kernel)? Are Alliance control, the mail fix and the S6 Cam for Norma only or can any of them be used on Phronesis? Thanks!!!

Phronesis seems very snappy. My only problem was the time was not advance in 2 of my three weather/clock widgets. I just flashed the OC1 firmware and it is fine now (I might have flashed the kernel after initial install).
Still wondering if any of the addons are for Phronesis or are they for Norma (judging from their positioning in the OP). Thanks
I will put some order in op later I'm driving right now and been super busy with work but will organize things for better understanding.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

MicrosoftBug

Jun 2, 2006
Miami, FL
Flashed Phronesis v2 last night and it is buttery smooth! I'm curious if it's possible to remove the custom status when it's booting and if an option to boot into safe strap from the power menu can be implemented. I flashed a zip that @carl1961 made for his stock OC2 ROM but the ROM stayed boot looping at the splash screen. I even tried swapping some files from the SS menu zip with some from the ROM zip thinking that was the key, but no dice. Oh, and before I forget, anyone know of a way to reassign hw keys? I want the menu button to be menu and long pressing the home button to be the recent apps list like how it comes stock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: ronny1009

MicrosoftBug

Jun 2, 2006
Miami, FL
Lol, flashing the kernel alone is going to give you just that, the kernel. You need to flash the modem to change the baseband.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

gangpe

Aug 20, 2010
@MicrosoftBug
You could use triangle away in the play store to remove the custom message. If you're using xposed, you could use something like gravity box to reassign keys.

You mentioned you flashed v2. Did you have to strip aroma out before flashing? I've heard some people were able to use aroma with flash fire, so I'm curious what method you used.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rob_z11

We are not going to have any love for 5.1.1? I wonder how other note3 users are booting 5.1.1? I suppose being open bootloader allows you to run custom kernel which works for 5.1.1? Never ever buy ATT phone again. Sux with locked bootloader ****.. I got this as gift, and was selling my T-Mobile LG G3, but changing my mind to keep LG G3 and sell this locked piece of **** bootloader phone. At some point, ATT should allow user to unlock for phone which is 2 year old..

Sorry for my rant !! just got frustrated that having locked bootloader.

Last edited:
Reactions: travperk and gangpe

gangpe

Aug 20, 2010
Has anyone got nfc working on any if these roms? Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using Tapatalk

akv22

Nov 10, 2014
@BLK♤Ninja Can you update the Phronesis rom v1 to v2? I love this rom so much its amazing..I just want the newest one.. its blazing fast and battery is incredible. I am using a n900a.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Is there a meta_inf file I can change to be able to utilize it for n900a?

BLK♤Ninja

May 24, 2015
@BLK♤Ninja Can you update the Phronesis rom v1 to v2? I love this rom so much its amazing..I just want the newest one.. its blazing fast and battery is incredible. I am using a n900a.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

I have been very busy with work but I will have some time tonight to post it

akv22

Nov 10, 2014
Which rom do you use?

I have been very busy with work but I will have some time tonight to post it

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Can you port either ones of theses - Here is the link to the rom: http://xdaforums.com/gala...-free-t3196069 or this link can help: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-phronesis-rom-v1-0-stable-feature-t3241910

What are the differences between both?

Last edited:

userr12

Apr 19, 2007
Rotterdam
Thanks for the ROMs, running the PHRONESIS ROM and liking it so far, the customizations settings are limited but one by one very solid, change statusbar date/time, battery and add network speed icons, all great.

The APN needs to be updated after install and on every boot i get a warning "play service stopped working" but this does not appear to cause any issues.

I had no luck getting Xposed to run, inside Xposed it tells me Xposed is not active, i flashed the Xposed file from the first post and installed the latest Xposed apk from the Xposed forum, but no luck.

Can somebody direct me to the right files and installation seq? im getting lost in all available versions.

edit: not sure if its the best option for our device but flashing this has Xposed going http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3388978&d=1435913710
Thanks...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts