OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Donate to Me
(note: this used to be the v3.10 release post, but I hijacked it for this newer version)
I've made the v3.11 BETA version available from the first page of this thread (second post). This BETA version will not be available on Play. Please only install it if you know what you're doing.
This is a test version for the new (root) driver that doesn't require modifications to /system (this is a pretty interesting hack on a technical level as well), and has been updated for Android 6.0. It is not completely finished yet, and there are some known issues. I have run out of time, and it may be a while before I can release the next update.
Before updating your current version to this BETA, I would strongly recommend you go into the previous version and disable "Launch on boot". That way, if anything goes wrong, a simple reboot fixes the problem. Once you've tested that the BETA version works well for you, you can turn it back on.
I would also recommend uninstall the driver before upgrading. The new version should offer to do the same thing, though.
Note: the new version of the "CF.lumen" root driver does not need any installation or uninstallation. It is started when you run the app and select a filter, and is gone when you reboot (providing you did not check the "Launch at boot" option. Though, "adb uninstall eu.chainfire.lumen" to uninstall the app and rebooting should fix even that problem.
Known issues - new driver
- Sometimes the driver isn't properly loaded initially, so selecting a filter may not take effect until you press save
- MIPS support has been dropped for the time being
Known issues - Android 6.0
- Overlay mode: the overlay isn't positioned correctly over the soft-button on the Nexus5
- Overlay mode: various Android internal screens no longer function with overlays (at the same time they have made it much more difficult to detect which app is running to work around this)
- Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9005 @ 4.4 (arm32)
- Samsung Galaxy Note4 N910F @ 5.1.1 (arm32)
- Samsung Galaxy Note5 N920T @ 5.1.1 (arm64)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F @ 5.0.2 (arm64)
- Google Nexus 5 @ 6.0 (arm32)
- Google Nexus 9 @ 6.0 (arm64)
I have not had the chance to test on any x86(-64) devices. If you're using a device not in the list, please let me know which device and firmware, (chip architecture as well if you know) and if the new (root) driver works for you or not.