FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,141

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th October 2015, 12:06 AM |#831  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
anyway of uninstalling this...i made mess pressing install on my note 5........what can i delete in twrp recovery please ...desperate

15th October 2015, 01:39 AM |#832  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
15th October 2015, 05:46 AM |#833  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Yea really, thank you for the work
15th October 2015, 07:36 AM |#834  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Touchwiz 5.0.1 Rooted

Before the driver is installed, cf.lumen works fine (except the known blocking of installing apps). I assume this is the non-rooted mode. Once you install the cf.lumen driver, it prevents interaction with the pattern lock, effectively locking you out of your phone. Occassionally, when a message comes in you get brief interactivity with the screen, before it becomes untouchable again.
17th October 2015, 08:39 AM |#835  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
@Chainfire does this mean it will also work on Galaxy S6 5.1.1 or IF youre not writing about it it does mean that there is no progress in making it work on S6?
19th October 2015, 01:32 AM |#836  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 86,141

Donate to Me
More
v3.11 BETA
(note: this used to be the v3.10 release post, but I hijacked it for this newer version)

I've made the v3.11 BETA version available from the first page of this thread (second post). This BETA version will not be available on Play. Please only install it if you know what you're doing.

This is a test version for the new (root) driver that doesn't require modifications to /system (this is a pretty interesting hack on a technical level as well), and has been updated for Android 6.0. It is not completely finished yet, and there are some known issues. I have run out of time, and it may be a while before I can release the next update.

Before updating your current version to this BETA, I would strongly recommend you go into the previous version and disable "Launch on boot". That way, if anything goes wrong, a simple reboot fixes the problem. Once you've tested that the BETA version works well for you, you can turn it back on.

I would also recommend uninstall the driver before upgrading. The new version should offer to do the same thing, though.

Note: the new version of the "CF.lumen" root driver does not need any installation or uninstallation. It is started when you run the app and select a filter, and is gone when you reboot (providing you did not check the "Launch at boot" option. Though, "adb uninstall eu.chainfire.lumen" to uninstall the app and rebooting should fix even that problem.

Known issues - new driver
- Sometimes the driver isn't properly loaded initially, so selecting a filter may not take effect until you press save
- MIPS support has been dropped for the time being

Known issues - Android 6.0
- Overlay mode: the overlay isn't positioned correctly over the soft-button on the Nexus5
- Overlay mode: various Android internal screens no longer function with overlays (at the same time they have made it much more difficult to detect which app is running to work around this)

Tested devices
- Samsung Galaxy Note3 N9005 @ 4.4 (arm32)
- Samsung Galaxy Note4 N910F @ 5.1.1 (arm32)
- Samsung Galaxy Note5 N920T @ 5.1.1 (arm64)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F @ 5.0.2 (arm64)
- Google Nexus 5 @ 6.0 (arm32)
- Google Nexus 9 @ 6.0 (arm64)

I have not had the chance to test on any x86(-64) devices. If you're using a device not in the list, please let me know which device and firmware, (chip architecture as well if you know) and if the new (root) driver works for you or not.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2015, 04:28 AM |#837  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Nooooooooooo I'm on the damn note 5 hahaha

Again that's for the work on this. I really can't wait to get it back on. Been using twilight but, no disrespect to that dev, it's nothing compared to the results this app gets when properly working.
The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyMcBain For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FunkyMcBain Ad-Free
19th October 2015, 05:05 AM |#838  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Using the beta version for my sprint Galaxy s6 G920P on 5.1.1 (with the lux cf lumen pro integration). Works like a charm, the issues I had in my last post in the thread are gone. Not 100% sure if it works without lux but my guess is it doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

After playing with it, even with the lux integration I still get black screens every once in awhile, not sure what's causing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to apseudonym For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apseudonym Ad-Free
19th October 2015, 05:58 AM |#839  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I tried version 3.10 on my nexus 6 but it's not working. Also there is no uninstall driver option in the app. It's possibly I am using the wrong driver but I am not sure how to verify this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawn_Loescher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shawn_Loescher Ad-Free
19th October 2015, 06:45 AM |#840  
Thanks Meter: 831

Donate to Me
More
For anyone wondering, I can confirm that on the Nexus 4 running Marshmallow, 3.10 BETA is running fine. No issues yet to report.
19th October 2015, 06:47 AM |#841  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Thanks man for the update! So far working great on my nexus 5 and 7
The Following User Says Thank You to boxcar8028 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift boxcar8028 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)