59 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By KOBOL, Member on 18th January 2014, 02:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2015, 05:23 AM |#91  
Flag Woodstock alabama
Thanks Meter: 11

More
What does this resister do? By jumping across it you are delivering higher voltage to something

I find this interesting.

20th October 2015, 12:15 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I'm curious if anybody was ever able to downgrade the bootloader using this method.. I saw several people say they were going to/willing to try it, but never saw any positive or negative results.. I know lots of people would be interested in this if we knew one way or the other.. In a few months my wife will be due for an upgrade and I'll get her hand-me-down and I can give it a shot then if nobody else has, but that won't be until February of 16..
1st August 2016, 05:45 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I605 unauthorized software brick
I605 unauthorized software bricked. Flashed twrp with goo manager and restarted. Brick. Odin flashed with every stock rom possible. Won't rid of the lock. Tried flashing boot but fails every time.
3rd August 2016, 10:07 PM |#94  
Flag Mt. Olive, NC
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJonesDPFL

I605 unauthorized software bricked. Flashed twrp with goo manager and restarted. Brick. Odin flashed with every stock rom possible. Won't rid of the lock. Tried flashing boot but fails every time.

I haven't tried rooting this phone in years but I went through the same thing as you. Verizon did something so that (way back then, I don't know about new rooting techniques) this phone wouldn't run anything but a stock recovery. As a matter of fact I tried to install the same recovery and got the same results. I got mine back using this video and haven't touched mine since I got it back up.
https://youtu.be/rPyDqZSTBxc
13th November 2016, 11:55 PM |#95  
Flag Dubrovnik
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Enhancing SD boot .img for SCH-I605 ND7 (locked) bootloader
@KOBOL:

,could you give us a hand a bit with experiences / methods - as there I have a similar case of corrupted SCH-I605 - but with 4.4.2 ND7 bootloader (locked one) and 16GB EMMC .pit

I grasp the resistor switching to SDcard.

What I do not know yet is what is necessary , and how can we enhance this SD boot to download mode with assembling an SD .img for 4.4.2 ND7 corrupted bootloader - in this case 16GB EMMC (i.e. .pit) version of SCH-I605 that seem to be corrupted, therefore losing the bootloader.

(In more details, the brick happened before, or during flashing via ODIN while on a bad battery or something-totally out of the blue receiving FAIL! and being bricked afterwards.
Anyway, I want to construct SDcard boot to download mode for that reason , and not to lose the existing data on EMMC.)

Question:
-What are important stuff to modify from the older bootloaders SD emergency boot .img ?
-Just on top off my head -> Can we extract bootloader off SCH-I605 4.4.2 ND7s' firmware to assemble the SDcard unbrick image or which way to go?

I want to solve it for 4.4.2ND7 - but would appreciate your help/experience on this.

Resources: (FYI)
I also have dedicated thread on solving SCH-I605 ND7 problematics as it becomes a legacy phone.
There I have resources posted , like Samsungs' open-sourced SCH-I605 4.4.2ND7 kernel and platform source on their open-source page for their handsets, etc.. (I know, that goes after the bootloader)

For the EFS stuff - I have a backup from my own ND7 so that is supposedly not a problem.

That leaves us with the point: how to get the system in download mode so that we can flash firmware correctly back to EMMC , with the correct .pit so that the existing data does not get destroyed?

Also, as a next possibility, how to fix if .pit is damaged as well , or ultimately - how to just read the existing EMMC data and ditch the motherboard?

Cheers,
DMRtech
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)