[[Video Tutorial]] Downgrade Moto E Android 5.0.2 to Stock 4.4.4

Search This thread

piyushkashyap216

Jan 9, 2014
New Delhi
So i have this brazillian xt1022 with official ota updated lollipop, which i tried to root (sorta long story), it boot looped after a complete discharge on the boot image. After it, i did the downgrade to 4.4.2 and no progress has been done, just the recovery has gone tottaly useless, it now is boot looping quickly on the no command screen . Now i do not have any access to recovery, neither to adb (obviously) and just have the fastboot. I tried flashing again the downgrade rom, but there's that gtp error about trying to downgrade. Tried to flash boot.img too.
Ps: the update command won't work since no roms i found have the android-info.txt.
Any idea about what to do? Or any official rom to send me? it has to be a lollipop rom to the things work?
unlock bootloader flash twrp recovery via fastboot then flash any custom rom u can ise aosp by percy g2 better than stock

shapacko

Mar 11, 2011
Hi, i'd like to know if this procedure is safe for downgrading from 5.1 to 4.4.4. too. Another question i have after reading the whole thread is do i need to unlock the bootloader or not? Thank you very much!

Jerri1240

Oct 27, 2015
Sorry to repeat but I need to know if I just follow the tuturial andd that's that.

I made the mistake of updating my Aunty's Moto E (original not 2015 gen) to Lollipop and it's awful, her battery is awful and despite only having 4 apps installed and all pics on the SD card she only has 400mb space left.

It was absolutely fine before on 4.4.4.

But I've never done anything like this before, her phone isnt rooted or anything. So I need to be 100% sure of what I'm doing as I cant afford to brick someone elses phone.

So is there anything else I need to do or should I just follow the guide and her phone should be back on 4.4.4?

Thanks

Ahish.s

Does it work on the XT1021 too? The downloaded rar file is named "RETAILDSDSALL_XT1022...".

You should download the correct version for your phone. While flashing kitkat, make sure you never flash the gpt.bin and motoboot.img
NEVER FLASH THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS WHILE DOWNGRADING.
IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE A BRICK ON YOUR HANDS.
Code:
mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img

sahil314

Sep 10, 2014
alwar
HELLO sir..i have recently udate my moto e XT 1022 bla....to lolipop 5.1 via ota...i have never rooted it n do nothing like it..but i am facing problem in this new update...so can u tell me how to dowgrade it to back to kitakt...in detaill...plz sir..i can't afford a new phone

Banki75

Nov 28, 2013
When I open the cmd and type in the command nothing happens. I guess my pc doesn't recognize my phone. Any ideas how to make it work? Thanks!

Banki75

Nov 28, 2013
You should download the correct version for your phone. While flashing kitkat, make sure you never flash the gpt.bin and motoboot.img
NEVER FLASH THE FOLLOWING COMMANDS WHILE DOWNGRADING.
IF YOU DO YOU WILL HAVE A BRICK ON YOUR HANDS.
Code:
mfastboot.exe flash partition gpt.bin
mfastboot.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
And if it turns out that those commands should have been flashed? How do I know if my phone will work if I don't flash them? Could you explain what those commands whould do? I'm a bit confused since in the video and in the first comment the command list conatains those two lines too and I don't know what to believe. Thanks in advance!

im4uall

Feb 27, 2013
Hi,

I was on 5.1 and wish to do 4.4
I followed the procedure but "mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin" shown some error and then
process stopped at "mfastboot flash boot boot.img" and didn't go further.

Now phone is neither Power up nor goes to fastboot mode.
On putting in charge only notification LED blinks.........
Pl. advice what to do now.......:(

Thanks

roshan@007

Apr 21, 2014
this stock rom work in indian moto e xt1022........?

please can you tell me this stock rom will work in indian moto e xt1022.......:confused:

deepurocks

Jul 4, 2016
Yes It will because the Stock firmwares are officially signed by Motorola.

hii meakshay_mishra i ill do this process in locked moto e but it was not worked for me i dont know why i mean i used to install kitkat stock in moto e but it loads lollipop after the installing of kitkat stock firm ware from ur video help me pls:(:(:(:(:(:(

krishna4mi

Jul 31, 2016
Motoe not on

My phone is not switch on while i want to reboot it. what i want to do bro. I wanted to flash my phone but not on when I pressed volume down button but only indication light willbe blinking.

Ahish.s

My phone is not switch on while i want to reboot it. what i want to do bro. I wanted to flash my phone but not on when I pressed volume down button but only indication light willbe blinking.
You should've read the entire thread before downgrading the bootloader via fastboot. I have informed users like you to skip flashing motoboot.img and gpt.bin in the last 2 pages. Flashing those two files WILL permanently brick your device & there is no unbrick procedure/blank flash file available for Moto E 1st gen. The only thing you can do is get the motherboard replaced by the service center which costs around Inr 3-4k.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

TitaniumxNips

Aug 3, 2016
I have the android version 5.1.1 moto E will this method work with it. If not is there another method to flashing a lower android version to the phone.

sudharshancr7

Jan 15, 2013
Chennai
I have rooted and installed CM13 on my Moto E. Will this method work on my device to go back to stock Kitkat? Or is there any other way for rooted devices?

Top Liked Posts