[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

4,813 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,320

By existz, Inactive Recognized Developer on 23rd January 2012, 08:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2015, 04:04 PM |#6461  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
i have installed this ROM.. it is very good to use and smooth... but i have one problem,, i dont like its camera application as it is like very simple CM10... i like stock camera of 2.3.3... is there any way to install original stock camera application in my inspire?
The Following User Says Thank You to deshwani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deshwani Ad-Free
10th January 2015, 09:55 PM |#6462  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshwani

i have installed this ROM.. it is very good to use and smooth... but i have one problem,, i dont like its camera application as it is like very simple CM10... i like stock camera of 2.3.3... is there any way to install original stock camera application in my inspire?

Honestly, I wanted it much but, there is no way, unless developers works on it so we can say it is impossible
I've already asked this question to developers many years ago...They told me it is not possible to use HTC camera beacuse of their codes etc.. In addition ICS roms (like CM, AOSP not sense based) don't let us using 3rd party cameras.. You'll understand if you try any camera app (camera zoom, camera 360, whatsapp camera) from playstore.. The images comes as corrupted (As I learn it is well known problem of ICS custom roms) ..Even you take stock HTC camera from the 2.3.5 stock rom zip then install, it wont work... (I gave the link,try if you want )
By the way if you want to remove camera shutter sound you can rename the sound file in system/media/ui from a file browser or directly install ultimate sound control from playstore..
And as I remember Nexus camera was working perfectly, give it a try
google camera may work but I am not sure..
I assure you that this rom is the smoothest rom for dhd/inspire 4g ever.. you can try JB or kitkat roms then will be coming back aospx again

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthedisciple

Been using this to mainly play music, but the sound seems very quiet. Any way to boost the volume?

I use this app "speaker boost" to improve music sound, it definetely works on this rom ( but don't except extreme volume boost ) all you need to do is swiping boost bar to the right( it is limited %60 of boost for your health, but you can increase it from its settings , be careful !! ) In addition It may be better you unininstall other music FX effect apps etc.
have fun with your high volume music
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to komikaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift komikaze Ad-Free
11th January 2015, 06:16 PM |#6463  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by komikaze

Honestly, I wanted it much but, there is no way, unless developers works on it so we can say it is impossible
I've already asked this question to developers many years ago...They told me it is not possible to use HTC camera beacuse of their codes etc.. In addition ICS roms (like CM, AOSP not sense based) don't let us using 3rd party cameras.. You'll understand if you try any camera app (camera zoom, camera 360, whatsapp camera) from playstore.. The images comes as corrupted (As I learn it is well known problem of ICS custom roms) ..Even you take stock HTC camera from the 2.3.5 stock rom zip then install, it wont work... (I gave the link,try if you want )
By the way if you want to remove camera shutter sound you can rename the sound file in system/media/ui from a file browser or directly install ultimate sound control from playstore..
And as I remember Nexus camera was working perfectly, give it a try
google camera may work but I am not sure..
I assure you that this rom is the smoothest rom for dhd/inspire 4g ever.. you can try JB or kitkat roms then will be coming back aospx again

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

I use this app "speaker boost" to improve music sound, it definetely works on this rom ( but don't except extreme volume boost ) all you need to do is swiping boost bar to the right( it is limited %60 of boost for your health, but you can increase it from its settings , be careful !! ) In addition It may be better you unininstall other music FX effect apps etc.
have fun with your high volume music

thanks for your detailed reply... i understand well.. can you advise me any ROM that have the different camera style not like cm or aospX?
further its camera also not focusing the image.. mean when i touch its not showing anything..
12th January 2015, 05:03 PM |#6464  

More
Camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by deshwani

thanks for your detailed reply... i understand well.. can you advise me any ROM that have the different camera style not like cm or aospX?
further its camera also not focusing the image.. mean when i touch its not showing anything..

Firstly asking that kind of questions are not right in terms of forum rules
The camera of aospx has a focus but just for the center of screen while taking a photo (camera settings/focus mode/auto) but it doesnt have touch to focus
Here are the list of the roms for desire hd/inspire 4g LINK
if you like htc camera, you can try sense based (ported) roms like, ER3BUS XL, sabsa prime, random rom, android revolution, or samsung ported roms or give a chance for MIUI roms like iphone's launcher.
all you need to do is trying the roms then choosing which one is best for your needs
The Following User Says Thank You to komikaze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift komikaze Ad-Free
17th January 2015, 09:26 PM |#6465  

More
Question how to run VPN apps
hello my friends, I've just need VPN ( due to our prohibitive government is blocking some twitter and Fb accounts in our Country) and I tried some apps but they didn't work.. I have read the tread and saw some of them told it works while others say not work . . So Can anyone run any VPN apps such as hotspot shield etc successfully ? Any recommendation? is there a way to do it ? or is it a common problem with this rom (aospX ics)? I'll be waiting for your answers my friends
18th January 2015, 02:20 AM |#6466  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 8,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by komikaze

hello my friends, I've just need VPN ( due to our prohibitive government is blocking some twitter and Fb accounts in our Country) and I tried some apps but they didn't work.. I have read the tread and saw some of them told it works while others say not work . . So Can anyone run any VPN apps such as hotspot shield etc successfully ? Any recommendation? is there a way to do it ? or is it a common problem with this rom (aospX ics)? I'll be waiting for your answers my friends

To be honest I cannot remember if VPN worked or not.. I know that some said if worked, while others never could get it working. I had added/fixed everything that I could have, so I don't know what was causing issues. Hopefully someone who got it working can respond. Sorry I can't be of any help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift existz Ad-Free
7th February 2015, 06:31 AM |#6467  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 247

More
Its crazy to see people using this phone still. Having had a few phones since my Inspire...it would be hard to even use it. I fired mine up the other day with this ROM on it...it was so painfully slow compared to my G3. Bad ass phone for its time though!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpiopantera For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scorpiopantera Ad-Free
24th October 2015, 03:53 PM |#6468  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 419

More
@existz
I have to say that I'm gutted you didn't post this under Desire HD forum as well as Inspire. (I've never checked out Inspire forum)
I'm an N6 user now but still have my DHD knocking about but have had CM10.1 for some time. However I wanted a change and googled 'what's the best rom for desire hd' and hey presto i was directed to this thread.
It blows CM10.1 out the window with its smooth performance so thank you for this and I'm thankfull that the download links are still active.
If you plan on doing an N6 rom I'll be there
The Following User Says Thank You to djcsurf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djcsurf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aospx, existz

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)