Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be split into multiple KB-Thread soon

342 posts
Thanks Meter: 377

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2015, 03:07 PM |#20471  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
@Malaysk, great job dude. Latest ROM works well on my JY-UQ124, very noticeable improvement over stock. Love how I can use power amp as my stock music player now.

I went ahead and donated for your efforts. Keep up the good work.
25th October 2015, 03:18 PM |#20472  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertut

Guys, have you tried any lockscreen apps? I need one for the cases when I leave my car at the service workshop. I don't want car maintainer workers to mess around with the head unit, I've got many personal infos on it.
Need a screenlock with the following features:
- start at boot immediately
- use password or pattern
- lock the top statusbar/drawer also
No special design features just simple functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARRisma

It's been suggested that installing Tasker with the Secure Settings plugin might provide this feature. I'm yet to try this. If you find a resolution, please let me know.

I have been working on a lockscreen setup solution for our Android HUs; I have it working decently on my Nexus 7. However when I tried it on my JYHU it would not work due to missing 'Services' under Android Accessibility settings.
I sent a post yesterday (24-OCT-2015) requesting ***ANYBODY*** please just "...check under Settings->Accessibility and tell me what sub-sections there are (i.e. SERVICES, SYSTEM)?".
Everyone has Settings on their units; It only takes a few minutes to check and reply (and maybe post a screenshot of your accessability menu).

Help me and I can help everyone else.
25th October 2015, 03:54 PM |#20473  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMShoe

I have been working on a lockscreen setup solution for our Android HUs; I have it working decently on my Nexus 7. However when I tried it on my JYHU it would not work due to missing 'Services' under Android Accessibility settings.
I sent a post yesterday (24-OCT-2015) requesting ***ANYBODY*** please just "...check under Settings->Accessibility and tell me what sub-sections there are (i.e. SERVICES, SYSTEM)?".
Everyone has Settings on their units; It only takes a few minutes to check and reply (and maybe post a screenshot of your accessability menu).

Help me and I can help everyone else.

@JEMShoe JY unit 1024X600 Malaysk rom........here's my screen shot but I don't see any "Services". Perhaps an apk adds this to the Accessibility tab and I just don't have an apk that adds it....just guessing on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-25-09-45-56.png
Views:	378
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	3518307  
The Following User Says Thank You to DWilks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DWilks Ad-Free
25th October 2015, 04:43 PM |#20474  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
25th October 2015, 04:56 PM |#20475  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i installed rk3188 malaysk rom
KLD2 v.2.77
800x480 on my pumpkin unit

copied the files to internal sd - flash went okay - rom working
but several things are not working wlan - usb - radio and so on... why?
the flash worked - did is missed a point? i also did a factory reset. the rom is nice but this functions do not work
25th October 2015, 05:16 PM |#20476  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilks

@JEMShoe JY unit 1024X600 Malaysk rom........here's my screen shot but I don't see any "Services". Perhaps an apk adds this to the Accessibility tab and I just don't have an apk that adds it....just guessing on that.

I installed an app on my JYHU that uses Settings->Accessibility:SERVICES on my Nexus 7. Services still did not show up on the JYHU.
I believe it is because our Settings.apk is missing the Settings->Accessibility:SERVICES.

If anyone is using the stock ROM please look under Settings->Accessibility and tell me what sub-sections there are (i.e. SERVICES, SYSTEM) and reply (and maybe post a screenshot of your accessibility menu).
Meanwhile I will write Joying and ask them if this function was removed; if so, ask them to put it back.

Accessibility is what it sounds like--it can be used by people with limited mobility. In truth, when driving in a car we all have limited mobility in that some activities jeopardize safety.
See this helpful post from Google for more information about Android accessibility features.
Of particular interest is the Service called "Switch access".

BTW, do not try to install TalkBack on your units. First of all, it will stop working.
Second, it tends to block touch screen inputs. Luckily I had a USB keyboard connected while I was testing this and was able to navigate the screen using keys and disable TalkBack then uninstall it.
But I installed it because on my Nexus 7 (even though it is disabled) it uses Settings->Accessibility:SERVICES. But it never showed up on the JYHU.

---

I don't have experience in modifying APK files but I am curious if there is something that can be added to 'enable' the Settings->Accessibility:SERVICES category in our HUs.
Here is what the \Settings\res\xml\accessibility_settings.xml file from my Nexus looks like (I don't have time right now to look at the JYHU xml):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/accessibility_settings_title"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:settings="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.settings">
<PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/accessibility_services_title" android:key="services_category" />
<PreferenceCategory android:title="@string/accessibility_system_title" android:key="system_category">
25th October 2015, 05:30 PM |#20477  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Just put a toggle switch on the ACC line on the head unit harness. Took me 10 minutes to put it in. I would rather have the unit not even boot not to mention lockscreen apps don't even work on our units.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
25th October 2015, 05:47 PM |#20478  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@JEMShoe I did a search for Switch Access and it was stated :"The new Android Lollipop (5.0) has switch access built into the mobile operating system! " and also stated that it was not available before 5.0. I did not screenshot my HU before I rooted so I can't check that. Maybe one of the devs will post and help you with a solution.
25th October 2015, 05:53 PM |#20479  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
hello everyone

i am looking to find a way to have TTS voice guidance to work over radio all audio.
There is a app, that allow to stop/lower volume of other streams when the TTS engine makes an announcement. I think this works only with apps using STREAM_MUSIC as the streaming channel.

I Tried it with spotify and the mtcradio app.
with spotify it works, eg the audio stream gets quite/lower so that the TTS announcement ist clearly audible, and continues after the announcement, with the mtcradio app it doesn't work, neither while listening to mp3 on a dvd. ( the announcement is made on top of the audio stream, so that its not clear).

does anyone now which Stream is used from the mtc apps ? is it possible to redirect this stream to STREAM_MUSIC or modify those apps to use this without problems?
25th October 2015, 06:13 PM |#20480  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubskey

Just put a toggle switch on the ACC line on the head unit harness. Took me 10 minutes to put it in. I would rather have the unit not even boot not to mention lockscreen apps don't even work on our units.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep. I suggested that a couple of days ago here and here, and that is what I am going to do when I get my new harness in (I am planning some other development features so I wanted a spare harness). I was looking for a SW solution as well and it was not too hard except that is when I realized our Settings->Accessibility:SERVICES category is missing...I want it back.
25th October 2015, 06:20 PM |#20481  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry I don`t have steering wheel control.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by patoca

Hi, regarding spotify, were you able to have steering wheel buttons control spoti? Thanks!

Sorry I don`t have steereng weel control.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)