[ROM][PORT][4.4.2] MIUI v7 (5.8.28~5.11.21) for Gionee Elife E7

Search This thread

sahu.prashant

Oct 19, 2014
Chandigarh
All users are requested not to download any updates from the update centre. It's going to mess your phone up, really really bad. I experienced it and believe me, it wasn't pretty. Best would be to wait for developers to release a stable newer version for our device.

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
^^ So same old bugs carried forward in this one as well?

what were the bugs in the previous one? I havent really come across any bugs in day to day use.. only bug that I have come across is that the hardware keys dont light up.. but I guess there is an option for that. But I cant find it. Please do post here if you find any bug.. I will try to look into them when I have time for it..

Ok I just found the bugs list in op.
1. The camera is absolutely amazing. Especially if you switch to stock camera instead of miui cam. The downside of this being you cannot access the camera by swiping right.
2. I dont really use any others. I use manual brightness anyway.. And I never really had any issue with the pocket mode. The bugs listed are quite subjective.. Experience varies from one to another.

nope. I used the previous one as reference. Though I could now easily build miui and provide updates directly through the in built system (if the guy who ported it to IUNI made his trees public), I no longer have a linux machine.

Last edited:

1manshow

Jun 28, 2009
what were the bugs in the previous one? I havent really come across any bugs in day to day use.. only bug that I have come across is that the hardware keys dont light up.. but I guess there is an option for that. But I cant find it. Please do post here if you find any bug.. I will try to look into them when I have time for it..

Ok I just found the bugs list in op.
1. The camera is absolutely amazing. Especially if you switch to stock camera instead of miui cam. The downside of this being you cannot access the camera by swiping right.
2. I dont really use any others. I use manual brightness anyway.. And I never really had any issue with the pocket mode. The bugs listed are quite subjective.. Experience varies from one to another..

There were few bugs like low speaker sound output and very low microphone sound as well. Also in few apps like IMO, Whatsapp or other video calling apps, other party was not able to hear voice at all. Camera quality was not up to the mark as well in previous build I tested as compared to stock Amigo KK. Hardware keys don't bother me as I use LMT to have soft virtual keys on demand. Also is NFC working or it can't work as same limitation of previous ROM?

Thank you very much for the port though, if you can provide updates and confirm if above issues are fixed already, I would love to use this ROM as my daily driver.

Last edited:

13SUHASRAO

Aug 31, 2013
Bangalore

wreza97

Jun 30, 2014
Which version of MIUI is the most stable for our E7 till date? Can anyone address that? I have tried 5.10.9 and 5.10.25 and they have crazy force close issues and Google keyboard doesn't work.

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Also, is anyone interested in taking up this project? You will have to port and upload new updates as and when they come out.. I am busy and cannot take it up seriously, however, I will be glad to help and guide anyone willing to learn..

Sent from my IUNI U810 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Which version of miui7 are you talking about bro?
The latest.. 5.10.25

wreza97

Jun 30, 2014
Also, is anyone interested in taking up this project? You will have to port and upload new updates as and when they come out.. I am busy and cannot take it up seriously, however, I will be glad to help and guide anyone willing to learn..

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

The latest.. 5.10.25

What :eek: I can't even use it as my daily driver. Too many force closes.

Top Liked Posts