[RELEASE] Metamorph - Theme Control File Upgrader

Search This thread

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Stericson have a new Metamorph App.
It uses xml theme control files instead of the old thm files.

danation from the ModMyMoto forum has made a program, that updates the thm file to the new xml format.

It works very very well.

Please at all themers:
Use the Pro Version, use the new Metamorph with xml. Upgrade your Morphs with the xml files. Its not many work for you, but you can help us themers and users if you do this.

Download
http://www.4shared.com/file/5l0E6t76/ThemeControlFileUpgrader.html

Original Post at ModMyMotoForum
http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3917253&postcount=10

Thanks, danation, thanks stericson! Great work!

Last edited:

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
Today, stericson has changed the free version to the new format, too!
Please upgrade your themes, themers!

So there are no chaos to the community!

mytharak

Dec 14, 2009
Boise
Contact your theme developer.

I'm in the process of upgrading mine to the new XML format right now.

If the theme developer is no longer around you will have to either obtain and use a copy of the old metamorph app or use the conversion tool to convert the .thm into a .xml file before use.

mytharak

Dec 14, 2009
Boise
After using the tool I can say it works, but I can think of a few ideas to make it easier. First of all, is there any CLI support? The GUI is a bit annoying. Also, the ability to drag+drop a .thm file right on the window and have it output the .xml converted file in the same directory would be just awesome.

All in all, Great work. It saves me from manually creating new .xml files for all my old .thm files.

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
this is a great tool that makes it super easy to change .thm files to xml. If only all the idiots on the market giving metamorph bad reviews could read this. Not hard to do it yourself if the theme dev is not around...

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
I don't really know, why themers out there have used the free version and didn't donate stericson for his hard work!

We know since three weeks, that the thm file become changed to the xml file
And now there is the chaos, because there are a lot of guys, who didn't read instructions.

riddley

Jul 30, 2009
Perhaps worth noting in the original post that this is an app for Windows. I assumed it was an Android app.

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Perhaps worth noting in the original post that this is an app for Windows. I assumed it was an Android app.
Its a Java app wrapped in an exe container for windows.
The release .zip also contains the .jar file that can be run on any desktop OS.

Command:
java -jar ThemeControlFileUpgrader.jar

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009

I don't have said anything about an app. And if you have java installed at your home computer, theres no problem.
Or where do you see a problem? :confused:

P.S.: I have now 618 downloads of the themefilepatcher and everything is fine.
I think, danation has done a real good job!

Last edited:

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks for posting this thread, Formel-LMS :)

I have an update:

I would post a link, but how do I get this taken off, lol?
To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed.

Anyway, you can find it at the original thread at M3, the link Formel-LMS posted in the original post.

-1.1-

* Fixed bug that always warned about duplicate files
* When errors are found, it finishes writing all valid data before terminating.

-1.0-

* Ignores single blank lines
* Captures notes after double blank lines
* Adds functionality to enter in header information
* Prevents file overwriting
* Puts framework at the bottom no matter where it is in the .thm file

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
After using the tool I can say it works, but I can think of a few ideas to make it easier. First of all, is there any CLI support? The GUI is a bit annoying. Also, the ability to drag+drop a .thm file right on the window and have it output the .xml converted file in the same directory would be just awesome.

All in all, Great work. It saves me from manually creating new .xml files for all my old .thm files.

Drag and drop is a good idea. I haven't tried that with Java before. I'll see what I can do.

What is CLI support?

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
Nice to see you here, danation.
Thank you very much for this great option and the support!!

You must write some posts to have the permission to attach some files. I don't know why, but at xda is it so I think.

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
I think be means this.
If it accepted a file/path as an argument then you would not need drag-and-drop...just create a batch file that used %1 and you drag the .thm file on it.

Oh, I see now. I'm not really planning on adding command line functionality, unless a lot of people really want it a lot.

But drag and drop sounded good, so I added it to 1.2 :)

Version 1.2 can be found at the "original thread" link at the beginning of the thread.

-1.2-

* Drag and drop feature added (I borrowed some public domain code found at sourceforge) Tested on Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Should work on Mac and Kubuntu as well.
* Option to disable dialogs

Last edited:

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Oh, I see now. I'm not really planning on adding command line functionality, unless a lot of people really want it a lot.

But drag and drop sounded good, so I added it to 1.2 :)

Version 1.2 can be found at the "original thread" link at the beginning of the thread.
Could you post a non-forum link... I'm not registered at modmymoto so I cant download 1.2 :(

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Could you post a non-forum link... I'm not registered at modmymoto so I cant download 1.2 :(

I keep trying, but XDA still gives me a message that I'm not verified by the forum moderators.

I attached it to this post, though.

(removed attachment, new version in post #20)

Last edited:

Danation

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks again, danation! Very cool!

Happy to do what I can :)

This is the final version, unless there are any bug fixes needed.

Included in the download is an executable JAR file that will work on any operating system that has the Java Runtime Environment installed (version 6 or later.) Windows, Mac, and most Linux Distros will be able to run this program.

An equivalent EXE file was also added for the convenience of Windows users.

Original download location at M3 is here.
The latest version is also attached to this post.

-1.3-

* Drag and drop directories - All .thm files in the directory and all subdirectories will be converted. Other files are ignored. You can convert all of your themes at the same time :)

-1.2-

* Drag and drop feature added (I borrowed some public domain code found here.) Tested on Windows 7 and Ubuntu. Should work on Mac and Kubuntu as well.
* Option to disable dialogs

-1.1-

* Fixed bug that always warned about duplicate files
* When errors are found, it finishes writing all valid data before terminating.

-1.0-

* Ignores single blank lines
* Captures notes after double blank lines
* Adds functionality to enter in header information
* Prevents file overwriting
* Puts framework at the bottom no matter where it is in the .thm file

Attachments

• ThemeControlFileUpgrader1_3.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 396
Last edited: