73 posts
Thanks Meter: 713

By Learning Never Ends team, Member on 18th February 2012, 09:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2014, 03:16 AM |#901  
Flag ★ATLANTA★
Thanks Meter: 472

More
I'm using version MIUI JellyBean 2.8.24 right now, so far haven't seen any bugs, cause it's simple, unzip copy and paste in root of sd card set everything correctly in magldr and boot up, but is there anyway to increase the ram/memory from 512 to 1024 or even higher if possible? That's the only thing that's killing me! LoL
_

Scratch that, this worked: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=24930501 now I've got 2048mb's(2Gb's)!!
_

Only problem is I can't link a google account play store and gmail closes right back out the moment I click on them, anyway to fix this and some dock icons are missing.
_
_
_

Okay I bumped it up to 1Gb using Toporesizer.

22nd October 2014, 04:13 AM |#902  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo

...is there anyway to increase the ram/memory from 512 to 1024 or even higher if possible? That's the only thing that's killing me! LoL...

n1nj4Lo,
You cannot increase RAM beyond the phone's physical limitation. You can "manage" the memory, but that will only take you so far...
Unless that's a mistake in your post and your question is instead referring to the size of the "virtual" Data partition /disk image? In which case that's easily expanded.
22nd October 2014, 05:40 AM |#903  
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDionysus

n1nj4Lo,
You cannot increase RAM beyond the phone's physical limitation. You can "manage" the memory, but that will only take you so far...
Unless that's a mistake in your post and your question is instead referring to the size of the "virtual" Data partition /disk image? In which case that's easily expanded.

To the latter, yes that's what I meant. I didn't think it was possible in GB(Gingerbread obviously, not Gigabytes! LoL).
22nd October 2014, 07:03 PM |#904  
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
I think JB and ICS was/is too much for the HD2 to take on and handle and a lot of the GB MiUi's I tried were very limited on memory 256/512Mb's max and that's why I was asking originally.
20th October 2015, 11:12 AM |#905  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Better late than never...
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo

I think JB and ICS was/is too much for the HD2 to take on and handle and a lot of the GB MiUi's I tried were very limited on memory 256/512Mb's max and that's why I was asking originally.

I realize it's a bit ridiculous that I'm just getting around to answering your post a year later , but FWIW...
I've tried dozens of ROMs on my HD2s (I have two) over the years, and have found that Jelly Bean is runnable, but a bit tough on the hardware. ICS can actually run very smooth, depending on the ROM. Gingerbread runs exceptionally well, and to answer your question directly: no, there is no inherent limitation AFAIK as to the amount of virtual memory (i.e., storage) you can have. For example, one of my favorite SD card ROMs was a GB MIUI version by user "Jaguaralani." I was using a 2GB image file for that one, and you could probably go much higher.
(I don't know if you are still tooling around with the HD2, but if you were interested I could look up the specific files I was using)

BTW, The most important thing I've found, when it comes to the performance of SD card roms (or Nand-based roms that use a card-based data partition), is the type of SD card you are using. If you use a card with poor small-file read/write rates, you are going to have horrible performance. My favorite card for SD-based ROMs--on ANY Android device--is the Samsung Class 6 (16GB or above). It performs tremendously!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RDionysus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RDionysus Ad-Free
1st November 2015, 07:36 AM |#906  
Flag ★ATLANTA★

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDionysus

I realize it's a bit ridiculous that I'm just getting around to answering your post a year later , but FWIW...
I've tried dozens of ROMs on my HD2s (I have two) over the years, and have found that Jelly Bean is runnable, but a bit tough on the hardware. ICS can actually run very smooth, depending on the ROM. Gingerbread runs exceptionally well, and to answer your question directly: no, there is no inherent limitation AFAIK as to the amount of virtual memory (i.e., storage) you can have. For example, one of my favorite SD card ROMs was a GB MIUI version by user "Jaguaralani." I was using a 2GB image file for that one, and you could probably go much higher.
(I don't know if you are still tooling around with the HD2, but if you were interested I could look up the specific files I was using)

BTW, The most important thing I've found, when it comes to the performance of SD card roms (or Nand-based roms that use a card-based data partition), is the type of SD card you are using. If you use a card with poor small-file read/write rates, you are going to have horrible performance. My favorite card for SD-based ROMs--on ANY Android device--is the Samsung Class 6 (16GB or above). It performs tremendously!

Yeah sure, if you've got the file shoot it to me, I wanted to try it but his links were dead, so I had to give up and hunt for something else.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)