New firmware 32.0.A.6.152

Search This thread

sovanyio

Jul 1, 2010
Curious - Does T-Mobile in EU countries have wifi calling? I'm on TMO US and they don't offer the phone, so I have an unlocked international version (got the update already). But I'm wondering if flashing the EU rom would give me that feature if it doesn't come with M.

Doesn't matter anyway, they're separate networks and have different configurations.

Adrift98

Oct 14, 2015
Lima
Reactions: decomposed

MickieH

Mar 9, 2013
Nuneaton
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Y are so many people obsessed with clearing recents, just leave the thing alone to do its job

laughter01.gif

Hey Ben, I know you're a anti-clear all activist, and with good reason, but I still use it to get rid of my million or so open apps . . .

. . . well, maybe not a million, but you get the idea.

I can also confirm that there is much less lag after pressing the clear all button now, so much better, as is the new firmware overall.

Leaving the apps open in the background means that they re-open so much faster when you go to them again, which is great for the user experience, and is how Android is intended to work.

I recall having 2.3.4 on my Arc S, and even though there was a task manager (or switcher really), you couldn't 'clear' an app, much less clear all.

I do find clearing a non responsive app is useful though at times.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
I only do it after I opened like 30 apps, and it's the only thing I noticed lag on, so I thought I'd report ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well don't do it and you won't get that lag ??

laughter01.gif

Hey Ben, I know you're a anti-clear all activist, and with good reason, but I still use it to get rid of my million or so open apps . . .

. . . well, maybe not a million, but you get the idea.

I can also confirm that there is much less lag after pressing the clear all button now, so much better, as is the new firmware overall.

Leaving the apps open in the background means that they re-open so much faster when you go to them again, which is great for the user experience, and is how Android is intended to work.

I recall having 2.3.4 on my Arc S, and even though there was a task manager (or switcher really), you couldn't 'clear' an app, much less clear all.

I do find clearing a non responsive app is useful though at times.

Yea that's the only good thing for it, getting rid of an app that's decided to be a **** and jam things up. Lol

sovanyio

Jul 1, 2010
Just a note that I was on the generic german firmware and having crazy battery problems (phone randomly deciding to stay awake) on T-Mobile US, which were solved with a dirty flash of CE5

Ex14

Oct 8, 2010
About Claering all... I tried following that advice about not clearing...and it didn;t work for me (i.e. perf actually slowly got worse) till There were random stutters and all. It also hurt my battery really, really badly by keeping (something :/ not sure which) keeping my phone awake even while screen is off.....so i decided to clear my apps onc every day at least :/

doministry

Sep 25, 2008
Bytom, Poland
doministry.blogspot.com
Strange. Again the same issue with Calendar.

The same happened on my Z2.
When I bought my Z5 I synced my Google Calendar with the inbuilt app with my Google account.
But the silly thing synced only my main Calendar cathegory.
The other cathegories WERE NOT SYNCED and not visible on the calendar.

I had to downlad the Google Calendar and sync it too with my account.
And Google calendar displayed all of my custom cathegories.
STRANGELY the cathegories immediately appeared on the inbuilt app too. It's clearly a bug.

Reactions: decomposed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Out for all these regions/carriers as of now:
    Clearing recent apps is still slow for me, 2 seconds that the phone just does nothing.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Y are so many people obsessed with clearing recents, just leave the thing alone to do its job
    Very nice.

LOL
    Just kidding :)

Careful now! I already reported him for spamming and mods deleted his posts... :p
    We're spoiled bratts at the Xperia forum here :D

Sent from my E6653 @ XDA Portal

I'm always surprised when I hear people's opinions about battery life on these devices. Coming from an iPhone 4S where I could barely seem to go 12 hours without having to get the phone on a charger, it's a bit funny to hear complaints about a full 1 and a half days without a charge.

This. Seriously. Coming from a Galaxy S6, this phone feels like a miracle. Not just battery, but the fact that I EASILY make it from the time I get up to the time I go to bed without worrying about finding juice, is a godsend.

4 hours and 16 minutes SOT is the most I could get from this phone, and i'ts really disappointing.

That sounds to me like a miracle compared to what I'm used to. Trust me, the grass is NOT greener on the other side.
    Yeah stagefright fixed but don't see anything else different either. The bug with expanding notifications auto-minimising is still there. I got this from a taiwanese thread about this firmware:

Update "Home" version.
    Optimization "cameras" startup speed.
    Re-optimized phone heating problem.
    Upgrading contacts database.
    Optimization of fluency.
    "Camera" photographs accelerated storage time!
    Optimization "cameras" code.
    "Fingerprint" to enhance the ability to identify.
    Optimize "RAM."
    "Calendar" interface optimization.
    Add "VoLET" function.

I don't notice any difference to camera startup time (from cold boot). WIll take some time to see if it's better in general.