FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

S-Voice not working on Gear 2 Neo. Anyone else?

336 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By bullet2300, Senior Member on 17th April 2014, 11:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just realized there is a specific Gear 2 Neo forum... they should combine them. How confusing! Anyhow...

I used the S-Voice option once on my Gear2 Neo, then when I was going to use it a few hours later but it no longer works. I hit the Mic to send a talk command and it does the circle connecting icon, then says No response from server. Try again.

Anyone know why that is happening or how to fix it? Did some searching and haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.

Whoops, I should say I have the latest version of everything to my knowledge and am on a GS5. I check for updates for the Gear, Gear Manager, and GS5 and all up to date.

17th April 2014, 11:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300

Just realized there is a specific Gear 2 Neo forum... they should combine them. How confusing! Anyhow...

I used the S-Voice option once on my Gear2 Neo, then when I was going to use it a few hours later but it no longer works. I hit the Mic to send a talk command and it does the circle connecting icon, then says No response from server. Try again.

Anyone know why that is happening or how to fix it? Did some searching and haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.

Whoops, I should say I have the latest version of everything to my knowledge and am on a GS5. I check for updates for the Gear, Gear Manager, and GS5 and all up to date.

Silly me, S-Voice had updated and wanted me to re-go through tutorial or skip it. I hit skip and boom! Good to go.
30th April 2014, 04:21 PM |#3  
Austin
Thanks Meter: 150

More
I'm having the same problem with my gear 2. I I had s voice working before, after an update recently it doesn't seem to work. It just says Connecting... And times out
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
7th November 2015, 07:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just read up on this issue and had the same issue with s voice not connecting to the server.

Well I resolved this issue by uninstalling the Samsung gear app, and then going to the Samsung App Store and redownloaded it. Then it went through all the tutorial crap again and it reset my watch as well installed updates and a couple service packs. After reconnecting my watch to my phone again, it appears my s voice is working again and can send messages and tell it to do stuff again.

I also recommend installing flesky messenger as it has a full keyboard for your watch so if you're like me and fat fingers stuff it'll automatically try to tell what you're typing.

Currently on a Verizon samsung galaxy s5 on straight talk with a samsung galaxy gear 2 neo smart watch (El cheapo tizan operating system one).

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)