Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2015, 11:07 PM |#14781  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

No, doesn't exist. LG G3 is the closest match.

Again, LG G3. I remember reading about the Galaxy S6 being easy to root, but I honestly don't know if this applies to the Verizon version or not.

The G2 is still a great phone, and they're amazingly cheap these days. The G3 was everything people loved about the G2, but corrected the things people didn't like (microSD slot, removable battery). If she's OK with the extra size of the G3, that's the best choice. Better hardware, better camera, better speaker, etc. Plus, if you're (or rather, she's) not into trying custom ROMs, the G3 will have longer life in terms of updates.

Totally agree with you, LG G3 rocks.

8th November 2015, 12:21 AM |#14782  
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Plus, if you're (or rather, she's) not into trying custom ROMs, the G3 will have longer life in terms of updates.

Marshmallow is the last version for G3 as Qualcomm won't support older SoCs with new libs. That said, G Flex 2 is a way better choice than G3. There's literally not a single thing where G3 is better except the removable battery. Everything else is on the GF2's side including the battery life. And it's about the same price or even cheaper.

Sent from my LG-D802
8th November 2015, 01:48 AM |#14783  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Maybe LG G5.
8th November 2015, 06:16 AM |#14784  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Since Verizon has decided to hike data rates on unlimited, I'm considering heading over to T-Mobile, but while I've noticed that they seem to get all of the really awesome phones, I don't know the intricacies of what's out there. I'm looking for a phone that has:
  • a removable battery (non-negotiable)
  • an SD card slot (non-negotiable)
  • a screen on par with a Note 4 (preferable) or a Note II (minimum)
  • 5.5" or so, bigger better than smaller
  • fully rootable
  • some variety of ROMs (preferable) or at least something fairly stock
  • decent dev support

I don't care what the manufacturer is, and I actually prefer a solid, heavy phone to the wafer-thin ones. I have a Note 4 Dev in an Otterbox Defender with a glass screen protector I'm thinking about the LG G4, but I'm not familiar with Sony's lineup. I could always get another Note, and the better dev community on the Tmo edition might make it more fun. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Side note, I'm using a Coolpad Rogue to check the network for a couple of weeks, and I've never used unrooted Android before. It's bizarre not being able to control your phone and I really don't understand how people can tolerate it.
8th November 2015, 10:10 AM |#14785  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My boyfriend and I are looking for a new smartphone. We wouldn't want to spend more than 300€ on each phone. We have done lot of work but we still can't decide what's the best choice. So far Xiaomi Mi4c or Oneplus One seem to be the best deal, but our knowledge is limited.

Important points:
-Enough RAM
-Good processor
-4G connection
-Fair battery life (at least 1 day with no charging)

Other aspects like design, camera, additional services, materials... are not that important as the previous ones.

We would be buying two mobile phones, so if anyone knows some offer please tell us!

Thank you for your time
The Following User Says Thank You to blindbird For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift blindbird Ad-Free
8th November 2015, 10:20 AM |#14786  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys! I'm the owner of note 3 n9005 for 2 years now and I decided maybe I should upgrade to something or not?... I need device with almost same screen size and screen to body ratio,better screen ppi and maybe better camera and battery,thickness about 7-8mm. Is there anything out there to be worth upgrading from my phone? Thanks in advance
8th November 2015, 12:01 PM |#14787  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temuka2011

Hi guys! I'm the owner of note 3 n9005 for 2 years now and I decided maybe I should upgrade to something or not?... I need device with almost same screen size and screen to body ratio,better screen ppi and maybe better camera and battery,thickness about 7-8mm. Is there anything out there to be worth upgrading from my phone? Thanks in advance

I think that note 4 should be a good idea (although I don't know how fat it is)
8th November 2015, 01:33 PM |#14788  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokiwipeout

I think that note 4 should be a good idea (although I don't know how fat it is)

Nah.. Put my friend's note 4 next to my note 3... To be honest,not too much difference for me to bother selling my phone and buying note 4,what I want is significant upgrade,if there's no such option than I'll stick again with my note 3...
8th November 2015, 01:52 PM |#14789  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 835

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikacane

Since Verizon has decided to hike data rates on unlimited, I'm considering heading over to T-Mobile, but while I've noticed that they seem to get all of the really awesome phones, I don't know the intricacies of what's out there. I'm looking for a phone that has:

• a removable battery (non-negotiable)
  • an SD card slot (non-negotiable)
  • a screen on par with a Note 4 (preferable) or a Note II (minimum)
  • 5.5" or so, bigger better than smaller
  • fully rootable
  • some variety of ROMs (preferable) or at least something fairly stock
  • decent dev support

I don't care what the manufacturer is, and I actually prefer a solid, heavy phone to the wafer-thin ones. I have a Note 4 Dev in an Otterbox Defender with a glass screen protector I'm thinking about the LG G4, but I'm not familiar with Sony's lineup. I could always get another Note, and the better dev community on the Tmo edition might make it more fun. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Another Note 4 obviously fits the bill (check the Unified Development forums, as you won't see much in the T-Mobile specific ones). LG G4 has a lot of development as well (again, Unified). The new LG V10 would give you basically the G4 in a Note 4 size, and it's certainly solid with its stainless steel frame. Development is minimal as the phone is literally only a few days old, but there's TWRP and root, so all the good stuff should come soon. Frankly though, I'd rather have a Note 4 than either LG, as the Adreno 430 on the SD805 gives better graphics performance than the 418 on the 808. Sonys don't have a removable battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temuka2011

Note 4 is an obvious upgrade, but is it enough of an upgrade over the Note 3 to warrant the purchase? Hard to say. The Note 5's hardware and camera are definitely a substantial upgrade, but alas, you'll have to give up the removable battery and microSD slot. The LG V10 and Moto X Style/Pure might be thicker than you want, but are both good phones.
8th November 2015, 03:38 PM |#14790  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Looking for a few cheap brickable phones for android development. Any models recommended? I heard about some cheap Asus model available in India. Warranty is no issue and dual SIM is a plus. Just as long as I can flash stuff with fastboot or some other free tool. Windows drivers should be available.
8th November 2015, 04:21 PM |#14791  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvl

Looking for a few cheap brickable phones for android development. Any models recommended? I heard about some cheap Asus model available in India. Warranty is no issue and dual SIM is a plus. Just as long as I can flash stuff with fastboot or some other free tool. Windows drivers should be available.

X2 I am also looking for some cheap smartphones to do some testing with.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)