36 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2015, 07:37 AM |#14801  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can people here say that they want to change to iphone ..........

Just kidding. Factors that I'm considering when buying a new smartphone are:
1. How long can the power last?
2. memory must >= 64G
3. Screen size between 4.7 and 5.5 inches.
4. less than 400 $

Sow can someone suggest one?

10th November 2015, 08:16 AM |#14802  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So did any have fully working c12.1 ?
10th November 2015, 12:20 PM |#14803  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahi129

So did any have fully working c12.1 ?

Do you mean cyanogenmod 12.1 (cm12.1)? And on which model, or just generally? I used it on my Note 3, it worked perfectly.
10th November 2015, 12:37 PM |#14804  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibip

Okay, please listen to me guys, as I have no idea which one to choose. So I can pick up any phone from the flagship list, and it will be my daily driver, and as for now I don't know if to choose the edge+ or the 6s plus. Actually I would gladly go with the M9, but its camera is nothing special (not bad, already), and the speakers are ****ty, I mean, maybe they have good quality, but no power at all (give a try to passport to know how the speakers should sound in a phone), and the sd810 is a bad idea I think to stick with for a year or two.
BUT, today it was my second time at the electronic store, going through all the ui and functions of each phone (e+ and 6s+). What's good about the edge+:
- manual camera mode, I need the ability of taking long exposure photos, to photograph the thunderstorms
- huge screen, 5,7" is perfect for everything
- multiwindow, and flash player as I like to watch sport streams of games not available in my country
- normal file system, drag and drop, and so on, you know
- I can connect it to the tv either via dlna, mhl or usb
- better loudspeaker than in iphone (I like to play music from my phone while having a bath, it's that important!)
- plays flac format natively

flaws:
- curved screen sucks, I'd rather have that from the note 5
- it isn't futureproof too much guys, look at s5 today, nothing special right?
- ram management
- the accesories' amount for this device is somewhere around zero
- its resale value will be much lower than the iphone's
- it will lag after a year as every android

iphone's pros:
- I like the look of it a little more
- it has TONS of accessories available
- better apps, I have some of them already bought in the appstore since I used to have an ipad (years ago though)
- everything is better optimized
- it's more futureproof, has better cpu and gpu, and its resale value will be much higher
- more storage, because my carrier only offers the 32 gb version of e+

cons:
- I have to have an apple tv device to connect it to the tv
- no flash, maybe curable with a puffin browser
- no file system, is it even possible to download anything and open it later on ios aside of pictures? i.e. documents, pdfs, music
- no manual camera mode, arrrgh
- mono sound in videos

And now we come to the biggest flaw I've encountered in both devices: the audio output. Seriously Samsung and Apple, that's what you call a sound worthy around 1k bucks? I'm using now my old Nokia 808, after my Passport got damaged, it sounds better than the edge+, and is louder than 6s plus. The sound from edge+ is muffled, not too loud, only a bit louder than in iphone, the bass is overwhelming, while the iphone sounds quite nice, but it can't drive cups DEDICATED to it, the AKG K545. I'd buy the passport once again, but its audio output was silent as hell too, and the camera was mediocre (it made great photos in night scenes if you knew how to, though). The M9 has an amazing audio department, but the rest of the phone is just as mediocre as Passport's camera. And it bends like an empty can.
Now, what to do?

How About Sony Xperia Z5 Ultra..... Or A Perfect in Every Aspect:- LG G4..... Quote me if you want more suggestion....

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellochinese

Can people here say that they want to change to iphone ..........

Just kidding. Factors that I'm considering when buying a new smartphone are:
1. How long can the power last?
2. memory must >= 64G
3. Screen size between 4.7 and 5.5 inches.
4. less than 400 $

Sow can someone suggest one?

How About ONE PLUS 2..... so simple....

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotman253

hello there good people ,
As the subject suggested , I'm looking for a simple remote for my smart home (z-wave : vera controller) .
This tablet will be wall mounted most of the time and will be taken to living room when needed.
I don't need a good quality screen , I don't need cellular data , I don't need BT , I don't even need camera (I think they all have it) .
just need simple android (preferably kitkat and up) Wifi enabled cheap tablet.
micro USB charging will make a good advantage so it will be fairly easy to find a matching white charger.
I think budget should be ~$60-70 USD .
I also need the links to be from eBay / DX / aliexpress.

I think this 11/11 sale will produce a good buying opportunity.

Thanks very much for your help.

If u were in India than you can hv diz type of tab for as low as $45.... Quote me if u wanna need more info....
10th November 2015, 02:13 PM |#14805  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibip

- it isn't futureproof too much guys, look at s5 today, nothing special right?

I can't say that I agree or disagree with the rest, but this particular comment caught my attention.
The particular difference between S5 and S6 (series?) is that S5 was not *designed* to be future-proof. Just look at their promotion material ("we're not going to focus on hardware this time around", etc).
Obviously it failed as that was (and still is) Samsung's strong point, raw hardware. So -yeah- it tells me nothing that S5 did not stand the test of time well. My 2 years old Galaxy Note tablet, became a new device just by installing Samsung's android 5.1.1, a testament of how important hardware is on androids.

So -yeah- on account of the 4GB of RAM and its (present) bad RAM management I *expect* S6 Edge+ to become better with time (like Note 3 did), not worse. The same cannot be said about iphones, they progressively get worse with successive iOS releases...
10th November 2015, 07:44 PM |#14806  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Samsungs can easyly modified by user... At least quad core cpu with 2 GB ram and lite custom rom is a quiete good solution...
10th November 2015, 08:51 PM |#14807  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 361

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by falanca

Samsungs can easyly modified by user... At least quad core cpu with 2 GB ram and lite custom rom is a quiete good solution...

Not the Exynos models, search for the Qualcomm Snapdragon models.
11th November 2015, 03:10 AM |#14808  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Which phone would you choose?
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to figure out which phone to get:
- Samsung S6 (not the edge)
- Sony Xperia Z5

Both are great phones but both of them have annoyances that seem to bug me. No choice but to choose either one.
Samsung s6
> the home button
> AMOLED burn-in (this would really annoy me since i need to use the GPS a lot)

Xperia
> Camera could be a bad. Some users seems to have the blur ring effect

Anyways, what would the community choose?

Many Thanks
11th November 2015, 08:17 AM |#14809  
Flag Jastrebarsko
Thanks Meter: 2,409

Donate to Me
More
Xperia z3 or oneplus one guys? And why?

Sent using XDA One
11th November 2015, 12:21 PM |#14810  
Flag Uşak
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
note 5
11th November 2015, 01:32 PM |#14811  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I think that at this point in the year and with all of the pretty disappointing SoCs this year (excepting the Exynos, but that is only on Samsungs), I'm waiting for next year. My guess for me is either the S7, that rumored folding samsung, the G5, Moto X, or one of the nexii.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)