[YUGA][Development] CM13 / CyanogenMod 13

Search This thread

emeemisri

Apr 4, 2013
Hello everybody

I wonder, can we have CM 13 if sony have stop supporting official 6.0 binaries to our devices.

Sent from my Yuga and pardon me for my bad english

beastaki23

Dec 30, 2010
Athens
Hello,
I got today the Xperia Z (c6603) on android 4.2.2. I got some issues rooting it from fastboot (soft bricked. I had to flash stock Jelly bean 4.1), but then I installed a working TWRP using XZ-lockeddualrecovery installer. (not using fastboot because at first time it bricked my device)
Now I installed CM12.1 latest stable release and I had another soft brick. (vibrates and then only black screen. Could not enter either recovery mode). I reinstalled stock 4.1 and I will try again flashing CM12.1 as soon as I have any clue how to avoid soft bricking it again.
Can anybody help me?

Supersaiyan.IV

Hello,
I got today the Xperia Z (c6603) on android 4.2.2. I got some issues rooting it from fastboot (soft bricked. I had to flash stock Jelly bean 4.1), but then I installed a working TWRP using XZ-lockeddualrecovery installer. (not using fastboot because at first time it bricked my device)
Now I installed CM12.1 latest stable release and I had another soft brick. (vibrates and then only black screen. Could not enter either recovery mode). I reinstalled stock 4.1 and I will try again flashing CM12.1 as soon as I have any clue how to avoid soft bricking it again.
Can anybody help me?

First, before even installing CM12.1, flash the boot.img. It's inside the CM12.1 zip file. Instructions at bottom here.
After you've done that your present bootloader will be incompatible with the present ROM (won't boot), but that's fine because you're instantly going into recovery, wipe data, cache, and flash CM12.1 then gapps one after another. Make sure those already are present on your device, or SD card, before you get here.
Now the ROM is guaranteed to boot.
However, it's not guaranteed that the modem will work appropriately, because 5.0.2 has officially come to the Xperia Z, and CM12.1 is incorporates latest SONY C6603 lollipop blobs, and I don't know whether it brings some modem firmware updates. In case you experience issues here's a central Europe .ftf you can flash with flashtool. You'll have to redo the entire process, but you'll know you have 100% CM12.1 compatibility. It's probably an unnecessary precaution, but just in case you can't make a phone call, give that a shot.
Good luck!

mohdsubaie

Jan 6, 2012
Hello,
Can anybody help me?

Hope you have unlocked your bootloader

beastaki23

Dec 30, 2010
Athens
First, before even installing CM12.1, flash the boot.img. It's inside the CM12.1 zip file. Instructions at bottom here.
After you've done that your present bootloader will be incompatible with the present ROM (won't boot), but that's fine because you're instantly going into recovery, wipe data, cache, and flash CM12.1 then gapps one after another. Make sure those already are present on your device, or SD card, before you get here.
Now the ROM is guaranteed to boot.
However, it's not guaranteed that the modem will work appropriately, because 5.0.2 has officially come to the Xperia Z, and CM12.1 is incorporates latest SONY C6603 lollipop blobs, and I don't know whether it brings some modem firmware updates. In case you experience issues here's a central Europe .ftf you can flash with flashtool. You'll have to redo the entire process, but you'll know you have 100% CM12.1 compatibility. It's probably an unnecessary precaution, but just in case you can't make a phone call, give that a shot.
Good luck!

Hi,
Okay I tried. Once I do "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and succeeds, then I cannot start device anymore.
Power button only vibrates, so no recovery too!
And last, if it helps, I have to unlock bootloader each time I try to flash boot.img. Otherwise it just says that this is not permitted.
I wonder if I should not try installing CM12.1 over Jelly bean 4.1, due to difference at partitions.
Does any of that help you understand what should I do?

Now I installed kit kat from sony, and I am waiting for help in order to retry.

Thanks

Last edited:

rlees85

Mar 19, 2008
Hi,
Okay I tried. Once I do "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and succeeds, then I cannot start device anymore.
Power button only vibrates, so no recovery too!
And last, if it helps, I have to unlock bootloader each time I try to flash boot.img. Otherwise it just says that this is not permitted.
I wonder if I should not try installing CM12.1 over Jelly bean 4.1, due to difference at partitions.
Does any of that help you understand what should I do?

Now I installed kit kat from sony, and I am waiting for help in order to retry.

Thanks
Really is wrong thread for this but you need to install lollipop from Sony (linked by guy you quoted) to get the correct baseband and NFC firmware etc. Your boot loader must be unlocked. Then fast boot should always work. Do you use Linux? You may need udev rules for your device in both adb and fast boot mode.

Reactions: beastaki23

beastaki23

Dec 30, 2010
Athens
Really is wrong thread for this but you need to install lollipop from Sony (linked by guy you quoted) to get the correct baseband and NFC firmware etc. Your boot loader must be unlocked. Then fast boot should always work. Do you use Linux? You may need udev rules for your device in both adb and fast boot mode.

Hi,

It did not work. I used C6603_10.6.A.0.454, original rom. Then fastboot flash boot boot.img from my linux.

sudo fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x*******************
OKAY [ 0.393s]
finished. total time: 0.393s

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (10594 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.337s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.528s]
finished. total time: 0.865s

And as usual in my case soft bricked (phone only vibrates. No Sony logo at all). I now restore sony rom from flashmod.
Anyone can help me get CyanogenMod to my device?

Thanks

Supersaiyan.IV

Hi,

It did not work. I used C6603_10.6.A.0.454, original rom. Then fastboot flash boot boot.img from my linux.

OKAY [ 0.393s]

OKAY [ 0.337s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.528s]

And as usual in my case soft bricked (phone only vibrates. No Sony logo at all). I now restore sony rom from flashmod.
Thanks
You are posting in a developer thread. There are multiple guides out there already. Just use one of them. It's here we post crash logs and patches, not how to install a ROM.

Reactions: beastaki23

TheAvngrZ

Mar 11, 2013
Stuttgart
Hi,

OKAY [ 0.393s]

OKAY [ 0.337s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.528s]

Thanks
Did you unlocked the bootloader before doing this? If you dont: do unlock and then try again.

qew204

Dec 23, 2011
Incall No Sound

No I only dont have this problem on official rom. and there is no service menu in coustom roms.

I had previously had this issue with no sound at all while in call. I recently switched companies (different network, not MVNO) and got a new SIM card, and the issue has disappeared. Perhaps see if you could borrow a friends SIM card that is on a different network and then try make a call?

I had T-Mobile USA (no sound in calls) switched to Cricket Wireless (calls normal)

Reactions: jerryhou85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

NOTE:
    THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD.
    BUILDS ARE INTENDED FOR ADVANCED USERS, SO THEY CAN TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK.
    FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, THIS IS PLAIN CYANOGENMOD.

Also, there are sisters threads for working on pollux, odin and dogo.

Changes:

- Jan 30: Initial release
    - Feb 5: kernel updates, audio HAL modernization
    - Feb 9: WiFi updates
    - Feb 13: volume rocker wakeup, sdcard hotplug, camera focus changes, cleanups
    - Feb 16: new call fix
    - Feb 27: F2FS support
    - Mar 1: audio update
    - Mar 3: smooth boot animation
    - Mar 6: more audio updates
    - Apr 3: first 12.1 build
    - Apr 20: radio fixed
    - Apr 22: Android 5.1.1
    - Apr 27: tons of cpu and gpu governor updates/fixes, wifi updates
    - May 1: gpu gov and wifi updates
    - May 7: app2sd fixes, selinux updates, fixed power hal, oss thermal mgmt, wifi fixes
    - May 10: plethora of core kernel and platform updates, init changes
    - May 22: scheduler and platform updates, reworked kernel configuration
    - July 1: lollipop blobs, init update, new sensor drivers, kernel updates
    - July 7: fixed incall audio
    - July 8: fixed black screen on boot, fix booting into recovery by toggling volume keys
    - July 9: fixed wlan&bt mac config
    - July 11: fixed off charging mode
    - July 20: fixed gps problems under certain circumstances
    - July 21: lp kernel updates, als adjustments
    - July 22: led color configuration from ui
    - July 30: gps problems fixed again (duh), leds in off charging mode
    - Aug 3: row io scheduler, open source gps hal, sepolicy update
    - Aug 6: fix sd card access, fix thermal throttle clearance, update power profile
    - Sep 10: (ahead of nightlies) bfq and fiops io schedulers (bfq as default), sony 5.1.1 blobs
    - Sep 16: (ahead of nightlies) data, sound fixes

- Mar 30: initial CM13 release
    - Apr 6: latest cm fixes, kernel updates
    - May 2: init updates, improved mac address handling, new camera, kernel lz4 compression, updated audio and gpu, new browser
    - May 9: mac addr fixes, bluetooth fixes, camera wrapper improvements
    - May 25: f2fs fix, kernel 3.4.112, init update, ipv6 fix
    - Jul 5: loads of kernel changes, audio hal, and probably plenty of stuff i forgot
    - Jul 7: underp previous build
    - Aug 1: bluetooth and audio updates
    - Aug 23: offline charger & kernel & f2fs updates

All builds are synchronized with the latest CM tree. For the specific updates to fusion3 and yuga, see the source link below!

Download:
    For the brave CM13 DEVELOPMENT BUILD:
    cm-13.0-20160823-UNOFFICIAL-yuga.zip
    Dirty-flashing on existing 12.1 upgrades normally to CM 13. Beware you will need compatible GApps though!

CM-12.1 nightlies are available:
    Official download site
    This thread will however remain the prime location for testing new stuff and support on yuga.

Installation:
    If you have anything other than CyanogenMod on your device, do a full wipe, and get compatible gapps!
    F2FS support: take a look here

Testing:
    Some very important "rules" for this:
    - Run unmodified versions (no FOTA recovery, no modified kernel, no Xposed framework, etc.)
    - Please dont post "X isnt working" or "random reboots" - provide LOGS for each report you post here. This thread is actually meant for users who are capable of gathering and providing logs, so after a reboot, provide last_kmsg, and for all other problems, dmesg and logcat at the very least.
    - If you can reproduce your problem, you might want to increase the logging level before posting it here, which will increase chances of me finding the problem.

I will have to ignore all other "problem reports" as they are essentially useless.

@andyvdsteen - testing, lending me his phone

Source:
    If you are willing (and able) to help, check out the patch sets, test them for the respective projects (fusion3 is also pollux, odin, and so on).
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org
    guys, i know there has been some confusion about marshmallow. you can stop messaging me about it ;)
    the thing is: i've got marshmallow to work on the xperia z months ago. however, we are having trouble with the camera due to the unique way the camera blobs deal with their data. that is also why i have not posted a build here - the CyanogenMod team expects some sort of standards, and i intend to follow them.
    i do not condone others posting builds here, just to satisfy their need for recognition. cyanogenmod has always been and will always be a team effort. you will see a semi-official build for these devices in this thread as soon as all the major hardware is working, and then the usual testing to get nightlies process.
    well people, it has been a long journey, and today after some time of using this device as a daily driver i decided it is time for a new milestone: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/106289/

the download link has been removed from this thread, and nightlies will be available from the next run of the cyanogen build server. this thread remains active and a conduit for you people to report problems and communicate with each other and me... i hope you enjoy!
    please guys, dont message/mail me about marshmallow. yes, i am working on it (so is pretty much everyone else at cm), but it is early days... patience, young padawans :)
    in case you were wondering whats going on: http://www.vware.at/marshmallow-is-alive/
    my main target is pollux for now during the bringup phase, then we will see about the phones z, zl, zr ;)