Thanks Meter: 377

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2015, 07:51 PM |#21061  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostPlaces

Edit the .metadata.xml (hidden file inside tomtom/com.tomtom.europe) file to stop tomtom app complaining about "No network connection...", "Cannot contact TomTom server..." etc.:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<santorinicontent>
<contentlist>
<bundle>
<bundleid>com.tomtom.europe</bundleid>
<content_version>10</content_version>
<min_app_version>1</min_app_version>
<download>
<url location="file://mnt/external_SD/tomtom/com.tomtom.europe"/>
</download>
<size>0</size>
</bundle>
</contentlist>
</santorinicontent>

The Path in "url location" must complain to your correct path to SD Card.

Dear,
Thank thanks a lot for your support and patience.... It's working very well!

10th November 2015, 07:55 PM |#21062  
Savannah
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbass311

I will do this tomorrow for fun. The big ground wire or the little ground wire? I have 2 twisted into my black wire on the aftermarket wire harness. Just to throwing out a question? Why would I not have feedback static on the radio app. Is one ground wire the radio and the other ground MCU audio?

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2

Electronically, they should be the same point. On my Harness the thicker ground goes to the HU and the smaller wire feeds ground to the CANbus decoder. The same with the hot side. The larger line provides power to the unit and the smaller to the CANbus decoder.

Might even try just grounding the HU chasis. Run a cable from the vehicle chasis to the HU chasis.

If you are hearing a slight static on the speakers you have a voltage potential problem somewhere. And an additional good strong ground never hurts.
The Following User Says Thank You to tmiller101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tmiller101 Ad-Free
10th November 2015, 08:01 PM |#21063  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiller101

Electronically, they should be the same point. On my Harness the thicker ground goes to the HU and the smaller wire feeds ground to the CANbus decoder. The same with the hot side. The larger line provides power to the unit and the smaller to the CANbus decoder.

Might even try just grounding the HU chasis. Run a cable from the vehicle chasis to the HU chasis.

If you are hearing a slight static on the speakers you have a voltage potential problem somewhere. And an additional good strong ground never hurts.

Would the easiest way to test this is just run a wire from the 2 grounds to the ground on my battery and test. That way I don't have to drill another ground if it is still happening?

TheLostPlaces
10th November 2015, 08:03 PM |#21064  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakyemme

Dear,
Thank thanks a lot for your support and patience.... It's working very well!

You are welcome
10th November 2015, 08:37 PM |#21065  
Savannah

More
Quote:

Would the easiest way to test this is just run a wire from the 2 grounds to the ground on my battery and test. That way I don't have to drill another ground if it is still happening?

Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: You shouldn't have to drill any holes. You don't need to make a run back to the battery. Matter of fact the shorter the run the better. Find any screw in your car that touches the metal chassis (i.e. ground) and run a wire from it to any screw on the outside HU or to the black cables. (Electrically they should, should be all the same).

I had a hell of a time finding a ground scew in the cabin of my VW Jetta. Everything is plastic, fiberglass, and other types of nonconducting material. If you have a volt meter place one lead on a hot wire and take the other lead and start touching screws until you see 12v. If you read anything over 12 volts you probably have a good grounding point. If its under 12v find another screw.

You can also check the ground by setting the volt meter to Ohms and check the reading from the negative terminal of the battery and your grounding point. Anything under 10 Ohms is good, above 10 and you are in a grey area. Above 100 Ohms, bad ground.
10th November 2015, 08:40 PM |#21066  
So when I check the ground with the voltage meter on the wire harness what should it be reading?

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote:

So when I check the ground with the voltage meter on the wire harness what should it be reading?

Under 10 ohms?

10th November 2015, 09:18 PM |#21067  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guys,

so I tried now to remap my hardware keys of the unit.
I want to change my radio button to Spotify. So I've got car service and the correct pkg name for Spotify (com. spotify.music) and know which button it is in my case (app_43). Car Service is also enabled in Xposed.
I created the "mtc-keys" folder in all mentioned paths (mnt/internal_sd mnt/internal_storage mnt/external_sd) and created a "mtc-keys.ini" file in there. But the button is still mapped with its original function.
Any ideas what I could try next?
I'm wondering is the function acutally remapped with this method or is the button doubly occupied?
10th November 2015, 09:29 PM |#21068  
Flag near Munich
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryden

Hey guys,

so I tried now to remap my hardware keys of the unit.
I want to change my radio button to Spotify. So I've got car service and the correct pkg name for Spotify (com. spotify.music) and know which button it is in my case (app_43). Car Service is also enabled in Xposed.
I created the "mtc-keys" folder in all mentioned paths (mnt/internal_sd mnt/internal_storage mnt/external_sd) and created a "mtc-keys.ini" file in there. But the button is still mapped with its original function.
I'm wondering is the function acutally remapped with this method or is the button doubly occupied?

i search for a tutorial for MTC-Keys to work with Spotify.Can you help?
10th November 2015, 10:12 PM |#21069  

More
My Huifei 2-din audi a4 avant rk3188 from 2002 with subwoofer and amplifier.
the amplifier also sit on the back seat
By update I had to set the recovery all over again
No sound along behind or do not become activated
It did work
Who can help me to put into effect this again
Is there a secret menu in the radio voltages?
or do I need to type something in the terminal
10th November 2015, 10:27 PM |#21070  
Savannah

More
Quote:

Under 10 ohms?

There is not a specific number, the closer to 0 the better.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryden

Hey guys,

Can you remap the other buttons? It took some trial and error for mine to work. I moved the ini file to every SD location before I found the correct location. Also the case and wording of the ini commands make a huge difference. And always reboot the system between changes.

Update: On the way home I quickly remapped the radio button to iHeart Radio and it worked. So the radio button can remapped.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martijnb23

My Huifei 2-din audi a4 avant rk3188 from 2002 with subwoofer and amplifier.
the amplifier also sit on the back seat
By update I had to set the recovery all over again
No sound along behind or do not become activated
It did work
Who can help me to put into effect this again
Is there a secret menu in the radio voltages?
or do I need to type something in the terminal

Have you checked the lines going to the Amp. Make sure the amp is still working. Is the Amp not turning on because its not getting the correct turn on signal or is it bad? Maybe bad fuse.
10th November 2015, 10:53 PM |#21071  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiller101

There is not a specific number, the closer to 0 the better.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Can you remap the other buttons? It took some trial and error for mine to work. I moved the ini file to every SD location before I found the correct location. Also the case and wording of the ini commands make a huge difference. And always reboot the system between changes.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Have you checked the lines going to the Amp. Make sure the amp is still working. Is the Amp not turning on because its not getting the correct turn on signal or is it bad? Maybe bad fuse.

it is possible that it may be due to the radio, because it has always worked.
after the update / new mcu, it no longer works
otherwise I'll go check the wires and fuse
What color is the origin wire?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)