Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2015, 02:33 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 319

Donate to Me
More
27946 has been posted!
- dd
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Team-Eureka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Team-Eureka Ad-Free

19th September 2015, 01:44 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Is Team-Eureka development officially discontinued?
23rd September 2015, 05:26 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathorv

Kinda seems that way, doesn't it? I'm thinking about just flashing back to 100% stock - there doesn't seem to be any reason to keep root at this point. Especially with the whitelist issue.
7th October 2015, 12:35 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppy

Kinda seems that way, doesn't it? I'm thinking about just flashing back to 100% stock - there doesn't seem to be any reason to keep root at this point. Especially with the whitelist issue.

I think they stopped working on new features for Chromecast, but AFAIK they purposely opted for not update to a couple stock updates 3xxxx builds since they were bricking some devices. There are a few bad feedbacks about the last builds. People reported device bricking and other losing YouTube cast functionality.
IMO, one of the best eureka ROM feature is google auto update disabled.
7th October 2015, 12:48 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0

I think they stopped working on new features for Chromecast, but AFAIK they purposely opted for not update to a couple stock updates 3xxxx builds since they were bricking some devices. There are a few bad feedbacks about the last builds. People reported device bricking and other losing YouTube cast functionality.
IMO, one of the best eureka ROM feature is google auto update disabled.

I know that TE intentionally skipped one iteration. But three updates have past. Chromecast with recovery is simply unbrickable. I am amazed why there are no new stock with updates disabled where it is no risk at all.
It's the same what I suggested before that eureka mod with eureka updates should be divided to stable and beta branches.
On the other hand I understand lack of commitment because of low interest in the project.
7th October 2015, 07:46 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 455

More
Quote:

I know that TE intentionally skipped one iteration. But three updates have past. Chromecast with recovery is simply unbrickable. I am amazed why there are no new stock with updates disabled where it is no risk at all.
It's the same what I suggested before that eureka mod with eureka updates should be divided to stable and beta branches.
On the other hand I understand lack of commitment because of low interest in the project.

Actually, I got one of my rooted Chromecast bricked in early builds (with recovery). Fortunately I got it hard unbricked by forcing it to boot from USB (where there was another recovery and a ROM to reflash it). I had to open the Chromecast and short two CPU pins. There's a tutorial made by @ddggttff3 over there.
18th November 2015, 03:22 AM |#37  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,508

More
the last release, 44433, has been posted. To create new builds in the future, I recommend using the Eureka-ROM repo from https://github.com/team-eureka/Eureka-ROM with the 02make-minimal.sh script.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ddggttff3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddggttff3 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)