paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
desiress1.png
desiress3.png
desiress4.png
desiress2.png

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

Remember that if you use this ROM, you do so entirely at your own risk!!

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM on your device, you must be rooted and be able to launch the custom recovery image using the supplied scripts in the root package. You can read more about how to root and launch the CRI on your device in this topic.

Features
  • Based on the 1.21.xxx.x ROM series
  • Pre-rooted with su and Superuser Permissions 2.0.3 by ChainsDD
  • Built with the MCR build process which reduces the size and boosts the speed of the ROM
  • Patched 'Rosie' (Sense) to allow click-drag homescreen rearrange when pinch-zoomed out
  • busybox with Droid Explorer support
  • 'Genie' News and Weather widget
  • Jbed Java
  • MCR version displayed in 'About' screen
  • 'Navigation Panel' (HTC version of 'Car Home')
  • OpenVPN binary
  • terminfo and settings in boot.img to allow nano etc. use
  • Updated Google Maps
  • Voice Search
  • Removed bootsound (can be restored via the online kitchen)
  • Optional A2SD via the online kitchen
  • Optional Android 2.1 stock Contacts application
  • Optional Amazon MP3
  • Optional Development Tools
  • Optional Hebrew fonts
  • Optional HTC CIME Chinese Input
  • Optional patched HTC IME version 25 by jonasl
  • Optional Titanium Backup
  • Optional Wavesecure via the online kitchen (installed to system partition for maximum security)
  • Optional WiFi Status indicator
  • De-odexed for you themers out there!
Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Installation

To install this ROM:
  • Ensure you have are able to launch the custom recovery image (see 'requirements' above)
  • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
  • Restart your device in recovery mode
  • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
  • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
Upgrading

No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.

Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, 3 prebaked downloads are available - a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions, a version with the default set of MoDaCo additions and Chinese input and a version with no optional additions at all.

Included in default additions - Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Status Indicator, Wireless Tether
Excluded from default additions (install via online kitchen) - Amazon MP3, Development Tools, A2SD, Radio Image

DOWNLOADS / ONLINE KITCHEN

Please note that the download links implement referring checking to avoid deep-linking. If you are redirected to the MoDaCo homepage when you download, try 'right click save as', disabling ad blocking / no script or if all else fails try an alternative browser.

Discussion

Do you want to jump into the discussion at the point the current version was released? Then start at this post (MoDaCo) or this post (XDA-Developers)! :D

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

And finally...

Details on how to support my work should you wish to do so (any contributions are gratefully received) are available on the download page.

Enjoy! :)

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

r3.1
  • MCK kernel 1.1 included
  • Fixed issue where governor would lock to userspace instead of OnDemand, locking the device to 768MHz (WTF!)
  • Added gr0gmint's R2 JIT as a kitchen option
r3
  • Now using CyanogenMod apns-conf.xml
  • ROM is now unified with Nexus One release for faster updates to newer builds
  • Complete ground-up rework
  • Based on 1.21.xxx.x Desire ROM with elements of EPF21B
r2
  • Updated 'cachedalvikcache' script
  • Odex'd /system/app directory to save space in dalvik-cache
  • Added A2SD+ with dalvik-cache on SD
  • Temporarily removed HTC_IME mod
  • Updated build.prop
  • Minor fixes
r1
  • Initial Release

Last edited:

watercool

Apr 18, 2010
side question to this rom, probably easy to answer:

Is there a way to apply the nexus bootscreen, nexus Lockscreen and standard android dialer to apply to this mod?

or is the dialer included in the standard contacts app?

watercool

Apr 18, 2010
baking a rom now, then i'll see at least if the android guy in a box appears while dialling :D

millen

Apr 17, 2009
Just flashed this - also works like a charm here.

Thanks a bunch Paul - for root and for this excellent ROM :p

winx199

Apr 15, 2010
Re: 05/May r1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen

I flashed the ROM, then found a bug.
after I installed document2go, gmail & gtalk stopped working. gtalk won't refresh & gtalk won't even load.
hope Paul will see this & fix the bug.
thanks for the work.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

Andyokane

Jan 13, 2009
Can I ask how do I actually install this ROM??

I have rooted (obviously) and gone in to Recovery mode but I only see update from update.zip on SD card even though the other file is on there too

Any help greatly appreciated!

Top Liked Posts