[CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G920W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Search This thread
EDIT: I should also add that if one does get into download mode without actually wanting to download anything, you can get out of download mode by holding the power button until your phone turns off. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOUR PHONE IS ACTUALLY DOWNLOADING SOMETHING.

Thanks to @flexfulton for offering nice advice to the new member. I see all too often very negative responses. Things seem to be better now. :highfive:

A slight correction to getting out of download mode. Hold power button AND volume down buttons at the same time. I also tried holding the power button only due to past experience with my S4 but was surprised when it didn't work.

Reactions: flexfulton

tkhan03

Sep 9, 2015
No I am definitely in download mode. I've rooted previous Samsung phones before without trouble. I haven't had one in a while though but this is the first one where I'm running into trouble

abbz123

Oct 16, 2012
Vancouver
Checking firmware for SM-G920W8/TLS /G920W8VLU3BOJ7/ G920W8OYA3BOJ7/
Error loading library: 14001
Please make sure "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)" are installed
Error: Could not send BinaryInform. Status code 200/401
Authorization failed

suggestions?

edit - FIXED,

Last edited:

space_eyes

Nov 2, 2010
Edmonton
had to use the older odin but i flashed and good to go. only difference is it changed my model to 925K after flashing the BL i believe

Joylesstuna

Dec 31, 2011
Stupid question but can I flash the modem and load the bootloader on any 5.1.1 rom? Im currently on BOH8.
I went ahead and did it. Had no issues thanks op Im hoping this fixes my lte issues.

Last edited:

BMAN24

Jan 25, 2010
Ok I'm confused. Every ROM thread I go to tells me to flash the ROM only if I have a 5.1.1 bootloader and modem..

This thread is telling me I need a 5.1.1 ROM before I flash bootloader and modem..

Which is it? I'm on rooted stock 5.0.2 Rogers VLU1AOE1

Thanks!

Sevael

May 11, 2013
Canada
Ok I'm confused. Every ROM thread I go to tells me to flash the ROM only if I have a 5.1.1 bootloader and modem..

This thread is telling me I need a 5.1.1 ROM before I flash bootloader and modem..

It's not that you need to flash one first, it's that you need both. A 5.0.2 ROM will not work with the 5.1.1 bootloader/modem, and a 5.1.1 ROM will not work with the 5.0.2 bootloader/modem. Just update the bootloader, modem and ROM at the same time and you're fine.

Reactions: BMAN24

BMAN24

Jan 25, 2010
It's not that you need to flash one first, it's that you need both. A 5.0.2 ROM will not work with the 5.1.1 bootloader/modem, and a 5.1.1 ROM will not work with the 5.0.2 bootloader/modem. Just update the bootloader, modem and ROM at the same time and you're fine.

Welp, I flashed the 5.1.1 bootloader and modem, but can't get into TWRP to flash the 5.1.1 Xtresolite ROM now...

Recovery is not seandroid enforcing
system rev. check fail. device:2, binary:1

I did some searching and downloading the G925W8VLU3BOJ7 from Sammobile now to flash... (taking forever to download).

Will this help?

Sevael

May 11, 2013
Canada
I did some searching and downloading the G925W8VLU3BOJ7 from Sammobile now to flash... (taking forever to download).

Will this help?

Yes, it should. It will give you a fresh start with a J7 base. Once you flash that in Odin, put TWRP back on and flash the ROM and kernel of your choice and you're good to go.

Reactions: BMAN24

BMAN24

Jan 25, 2010
Yes, it should. It will give you a fresh start with a J7 base. Once you flash that in Odin, put TWRP back on and flash the ROM and kernel of your choice and you're good to go.

Thanks! I'll give it a try and keep you posted. The damn file is downloading 300KB/s for a 1.5GB file lol.

evonc

Dec 10, 2011
Toronto
@Sevael
You can also use SamFirm to pull the latest firmware from Samsung's official servers. I think I posted a guide for it in this thread a while back. If not check the Canadian s6E/s6 thread.

bgeorgi

Oct 14, 2009
Hello fellow S6 enthusiasts,
I am fairly new to this phone but have had enough of the bloated stock roms, so I am looking for a custom ROM. I had a Galaxy S3 and I used to do a bit of flashing but I don't recall flashing bootloaders and modems. As of now I have flashed a unibase rooted kernel and have the latest twrp installed, and ofcourse 5.1.1 android. All ROM's which I like tell me I have to have the bootloader. Can someone please give me a quick explanation as to what the booloader does for me, is it required when flashing custom ROMS? And what do I need the modem for as well? Any help is greatly appreciated :) and I am with wind mobile S6 g920w8

BMAN24

Jan 25, 2010
Update from my last post..

Got 5.1.1 working after DLing the Firmware from Sammobile.

Flashed UniKernel auto root and loaded TWRP and a new ROM.

Thanks for the help guys!

Ad.Shk2

Sep 25, 2012
Mississauga
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hello fellow S6 enthusiasts,
I am fairly new to this phone but have had enough of the bloated stock roms, so I am looking for a custom ROM. I had a Galaxy S3 and I used to do a bit of flashing but I don't recall flashing bootloaders and modems. As of now I have flashed a unibase rooted kernel and have the latest twrp installed, and ofcourse 5.1.1 android. All ROM's which I like tell me I have to have the bootloader. Can someone please give me a quick explanation as to what the booloader does for me, is it required when flashing custom ROMS? And what do I need the modem for as well? Any help is greatly appreciated :) and I am with wind mobile S6 g920w8

If you have the stock 5.1.1, you already have the 5.1.1 boot loader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [CANADIAN] Odin 5.1.1 Bootloader & TWRP Flashable Modem - SM-G920W8 BOI6 *UPDATED*

Rogers is the only carrier who pushed this update, it was pulled shortly after, due to corruption. I had to spend literally ALL day downloading this. I downloaded it 7 times before i got a OTA zip that passes a CRC check and extracted properly. What a pain in the butt it is i had to convert my Telus device to Rogers fully down to modding the EFS to get this done.

Prerequisit: You must be on a 5.1.1 compatible TWRP as well as a 5.1.1 rom when flashing these packages or your going to get stuck in a binary miss match. While there is a fix for this with out the W8 5.1.1 odin packages, it takes a lot of musical flashing. So be sure to be on a compatible 5.1.1 rom, Kernel and TWRP first.

As always, you flash at YOUR OWN RISK. I will of course try to provide support if I am online, If you appreciate how much the pain in my butt was, and you didn't have to do this your self. Click Donate.

The Bootloader MUST be flashed via ODIN 3.10.X or higher. in the BL slot. Hence why its a tar. Sorry no flashables, Samsung locks the boot loader areas to everything but their own signed recovery, from their own signed update.zip
    BO8H BL
    BOI1 BL
    BOI6 BL *LATEST*

The modem is TWRP flashable
    BO8H Modem
    BOI1 Modem
    BOI6 Modem *LATEST*

You can get ODIN 3.10.6 HERE

Samsung USB Drivers HERE

Fingerprint confirmed working by my self. on custom 5.1.1 roms and stock.
    You're my hero, lets have sex together
    SM-G920W8 OL1 Bootloader and Modem from Bell Factory Image. ODIN Flashable.
    UNTESTED!!!! Flash at your own risk.

Bootloader: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y_atB3DptbUDZfOURsMGNTMkE/view?usp=sharing

Modem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Y_atB3DptbWGdjQTZTWE40ZGc/view?usp=sharing

Flash using ODIN 3.10.7
    SM-G920W8 OJ7 Bootloader and Modem. ODIN Flashable.
    Tested by MM13. Flash at your own risk.

Bootloader: https://mega.nz/#!SNoxlBAT!a6UiyiyDJ4QYAy86UaRCJnNgiuXkFQohKsYtU73l1tQ
    MD5: C6C94111F0155B3831EA84580C065865

Modem: https://mega.nz/#!qNhBzRpI!Nt2xjqkOGVWlH6GYGc46VPUoBSJ6EQn6qM07lp3vC7c
    MD5: 7F45EDE056B04913311120EE042E20B6

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

New links are up!
    Well Im having issues flashing the OG2 ... No signal and baseband unknown. Any ideas?

I think for us on the flat variant that we are stuck only using radios from 5.1.1 from here on out. Edge users maybe got lucky and can mismatch bootloader and modems further than we can

I'm also trying to flash the OG2 modem and running into the same issue as you on my 920w8