[GUIDE] Return to stock for Canadian HTC One Users

Search This thread

keith1000

Nov 28, 2015
Well you can try to flash the 7.17.631.7 RUU but normally it will not work if your actual firmware isn't at least 6.xx.631.x
http://xdaforums.com/htc-one/general/lollipop-ruu-zip-small-collection-t3053944

Won't hurt trying, if it fails, you'll need S-OFF either to flash an older Rogers RUU or to update the firmware and flash the 7.17.631.7 ruu.

i went ti the link, it says with s-on I can't go from 5.xx to 7.xx but it is possable to go to a 6.xx then to 7. but i cant seem to rind any roger001 6.xx files.
thx keith

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Uploaded... QUOTE]

Hi.
Thank you very much for this, but do you have any instructions on what to exactly do with it?
I'll give you a brief story.
I was a blackberry guy, up to the z10 z30, well my phone got stolen off my pool chair in Cuba (probably didn't know what it was). When I got back I decided to try a android phone and bought the htc one. Well after having my BB10 and swipe to wake, after a week or so with the htc only being woke by the power button I started searching htc swipe to wake. Thats when I came across bulletproof and the world of rooting. It was so easy to do.
Truth be told after reading and reading I'm no further ahead, I'm dumbfounded. I just don't get it. firmware, ruu, ota, recovery, zip files.. I just don't know where to start, even having this file.
I honestly don't see the M7 being supported much more after the lollipop update. So after I get this updated bulletproof will go back on and shouldn't have to worry about another update.
Keith

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Hi.
Thank you very much for this, but do you have any instructions on what to exactly do with it?
I'll give you a brief story.
I was a blackberry guy, up to the z10 z30, well my phone got stolen off my pool chair in Cuba (probably didn't know what it was). When I got back I decided to try a android phone and bought the htc one. Well after having my BB10 and swipe to wake, after a week or so with the htc only being woke by the power button I started searching htc swipe to wake. Thats when I came across bulletproof and the world of rooting. It was so easy to do.
Truth be told after reading and reading I'm no further ahead, I'm dumbfounded. I just don't get it. firmware, ruu, ota, recovery, zip files.. I just don't know where to start, even having this file.
I honestly don't see the M7 being supported much more after the lollipop update. So after I get this updated bulletproof will go back on and shouldn't have to worry about another update.
Keith

Hello,

You will need to create a TWRP backup path first, so go to TWRP, make a backup (select only one partition to keep it short). After backup completion, reboot into Android OS.

Unzip TWRP files I have uploaded, and and copy it to your \\HTCSDCARD\TWRP\BACKUPS\##HTCSerial##\RogersTWRPBackup\

Reboot back into TWRP, and restore the nandroid backup image of RogersTWRPBackup

Do a wipe data/factory reset next, and then reboot.

Reactions: keith1000

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
i went ti the link, it says with s-on I can't go from 5.xx to 7.xx but it is possable to go to a 6.xx then to 7. but i cant seem to rind any roger001 6.xx files.
thx keith
This is not a S-ON/S-OFF doesn't matter. You can't flash a 7.x ruu on a 5.x phone (even if its S-OFF). The firmware must be updated first. Anyway at his point it will be easier for you to use the nandroid backup provided above :good: and then end result will be the same.

Instructions how to restore a nandroid backup:
Read FAQ #5B
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56216181&postcount=2

Then you'll also need to flash the stock recovery to be able to update the phone. Since I can't find the 5.11.613.8 stock recovery (Maybe #SaHiLzZ have it?), you can extract the recovery from the next ota update:

Download the ota update (select download and install later)
Once the download is complete, connect your phone to your computer
Copy the ota update zip file from your download folder to your computer.
Open the ota update zip file, Inside of it you'll find another zip file name "firmware.zip"
extract that file to your desktop
Then open it and extract the file named "recovery.img"
Move that file (reocvery.img) to your fastboot/adb folder.
Reboot your phone in bootloader/fastboot usb mode
flash the stock recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
Then you can install the ota updates

Last edited:

keith1000

Nov 28, 2015
Hello,

You will need to create a TWRP backup path first, so go to TWRP, make a backup (select only one partition to keep it short). After backup completion, reboot into Android OS.

Unzip TWRP files I have uploaded, and and copy it to your \\HTCSDCARD\TWRP\BACKUPS\##HTCSerial##\RogersTWRPBackup\

Reboot back into TWRP, and restore the nandroid backup image of RogersTWRPBackup

Hi, thx. File downloaded and unzipped. backup done, and found twrp backup folder. I don't have the htc serial folder you suggest, goes directly to backup folder. Edit... i do have the serial lol...
I'm already to move on, as mentioned in the next post do you happen to have the stock recovery Alray mentions?
keith

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Hello,

thx.
it wont wipe until i get factory recovery back.
keith

edit. during wipe it booted into twrp recovery, and said "failed"
but upon restart it went back to the beginning like it wiped.

Last edited:

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
This is not a S-ON/S-OFF doesn't matter. You can't flash a 7.x ruu on a 5.x phone (even if its S-OFF). The firmware must be updated first. Anyway at his point it will be easier for you to use the nandroid backup provided above :good: and then end result will be the same.

Instructions how to restore a nandroid backup:
Read FAQ #5B
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=56216181&postcount=2

Then you'll also need to flash the stock recovery to be able to update the phone. Since I can't find the 5.11.613.8 stock recovery (Maybe #SaHiLzZ have it?), you can extract the recovery from the next ota update:

Download the ota update (select download and install later)
Once the download is complete, connect your phone to your computer
Copy the ota update zip file from your download folder to your computer.
Open the ota update zip file, Inside of it you'll find another zip file name "firmware.zip"
extract that file to your desktop
Then open it and extract the file named "recovery.img"
Move that file (reocvery.img) to your fastboot/adb folder.
Reboot your phone in bootloader/fastboot usb mode
flash the stock recovery:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
Then you can install the ota updates

The stock recovery is here, in the OTA downloads
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428276
download the 5.11.631.8 OTA file and extract the recovery from the firmware zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: keith1000 and alray

keith1000

Nov 28, 2015
The stock recovery is here, in the OTA downloads
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428276
download the 5.11.631.8 OTA file and extract the recovery from the firmware zip.

It worked, omg it worked.
I would like to thank all 3 of you guys that helped me get through this, SaHiLzZ for the TWRP back up file, mb_guy for the link to my original OTA to get the stock recovery, and alray for the instructions and link.
Thanks a lot guys, its sites like this that help poor guys like myself get out of these jams.
So now to load Bulletproof back again i just need to reflash TWRP "MAKE A BACK-UP" and save it to my computer and install bulletproof???
thx Keith

Reactions: alray

alray

May 22, 2012
It worked, omg it worked.
I would like to thank all 3 of you guys that helped me get through this, SaHiLzZ for the TWRP back up file, mb_guy for the link to my original OTA to get the stock recovery, and alray for the instructions and link.
Thanks a lot guys, its sites like this that help poor guys like myself get out of these jams.
So now to load Bulletproof back again i just need to reflash TWRP "MAKE A BACK-UP" and save it to my computer and install bulletproof???
thx Keith

Yep good idea to make a backup and save it to your computer in case you wipe the phone. To flash bulletproof, reflash twrp recovery (use the same commands as described to flash the stock recovery). Save the bulletproof zip file on your phone, boot in twrp, hit the install button, select the bulletproof zip and swipe to install. Then follow instructions from the Aroma installer.. Don't forget to use the bulletproof version that is compatible with your current OS version.

On a side note, if you get a bootloop after flashing a custom kernel, you can solve this by restoring only the /boot partition of your nandroid backup which is the stock kernel. This is another good reason to make a nandroid backup before modding anything :good:

keith1000

Nov 28, 2015
Yep good idea to make a backup and save it to your computer in case you wipe the phone. To flash bulletproof, reflash twrp recovery (use the same commands as described to flash the stock recovery). Save the bulletproof zip file on your phone, boot in twrp, hit the install button, select the bulletproof zip and swipe to install. Then follow instructions from the Aroma installer.. Don't forget to use the bulletproof version that is compatible with your current OS version.

On a side note, if you get a bootloop after flashing a custom kernel, you can solve this by restoring only the /boot partition of your nandroid backup which is the stock kernel. This is another good reason to make a nandroid backup before modding anything :good:

Hi
Thx for all the information. As it turns out Bulletproof stopped at 4.4.2. Forums are pointing to ElementalX. it sounds like the same thing.
So another question, do i install TWRP- backup-superuser or TWRP- Superuser-backup????
keith

alray

May 22, 2012
Hi
Thx for all the information. As it turns out Bulletproof stopped at 4.4.2. Forums are pointing to ElementalX. it sounds like the same thing.
So another question, do i install TWRP- backup-superuser or TWRP- Superuser-backup????
keith

Both ElementalX and BulletProof are developed by Flar2. The main difference between both is that ElementalX have more options than BulletProof (and also that ElementalX is still supported).
I'm using ElementalX currently and its working perfectly fine. When installing it, you'll have the possibility to turn on/off some options.

For your 2nd question, you should install twrp and make the backup before rooting (before installing superuser). The reason is simple, newer ota updates will cause bootloop if installed on a rooted phone so if there is another ota update in the future, all you have to do is to restore your non-rooted backup, install the ota update, then re-install root.

And remember that you must use at least supersu2.46 with lollipop rom. Older versions will cause bootloop.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Forgot to say:

Do your backup before rooting and before flashing the custom kernel.
Once your backup is done you can root and install the kernel at the same time (select "add more zip" in twrp install menu).
so Its TWRP ---> Backup ---> Root/custom kernel

Top Liked Posts