ePSXe Emulator

Search This thread

kevkranker

Apr 11, 2007
ePSXe Emulator is working great with the Fire TV game controller. If you want to play games you will have to map the controller to work properly.

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
3. Select these settings:
Pad Type PSX = DualShock
Select Gamepad = Amazon Fire Game Controler

Player 1 map buttons:
Up, Down, Left, Right = DPAD UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT
Select = MEDIA REWIND
Start = MEDIA FAST FORWARD
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
L2 = AXIS BRAKE (L2 BUTTON)
R1 = BUTTON R1
R2 = AXIS GAS (R2 BUTTON)

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = AXIS_X
Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

Reactions: SovereignKnight

carbanm

Oct 18, 2007
ePSXe Emulator is working great with the Fire TV game controller. If you want to play games you will have to map the controller to work properly.

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Player 1 map buttons:
Select = MEDIA REWIND
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
R1 = BUTTON R1

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = AXIS_X
Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

Works awesome with ps4 dualshock controller too. Stretch doesn't seem to ruin any video rendering stuff, and the other filters can all be enabled from what I can tell.

daillest319

Apr 27, 2014
Works awesome with ps4 dualshock controller too. Stretch doesn't seem to ruin any video rendering stuff, and the other filters can all be enabled from what I can tell.

awesome can't wait to try it out

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

does anyone know if reicast works on with fire tv?

meadtj

May 2, 2014
I got it working also but their definately seems to be something funny with controller mapping. I had to leave mine on touch screen for my wired 360 controller to work. But it works at full speed and highest sound quality for FFVII. Haven't tested any other games yet.

SovereignKnight

Jun 9, 2012
I managed to side load epsxe but.... how do you upload the psx bios to it and iso's? I mean i have a usb hub and i have a usb drive installed but it wont see it. So how do you manage to upload the bios and iso files??
Ive got OI Filemanager sideloaded but its no help if i cant get the files uploaded to the device.

I kinda figured it out lol.

I had to fire up ADB then,

adb kill-server

adb start-server

adb connect 192.168.0.x (Whatever your Fire TV ip is)

<Fire TV Storage Path>

adb push c:\xxxxxx.bin /storage/sdcard0/epsxe/bios/

and then

adb push c:\xxxxx.iso /storage/sdcard0/epsxe/isos/

Last edited:

bradr00lzd00d1

Oct 1, 2011
I managed to side load epsxe but.... how do you upload the psx bios to it and iso's? I mean i have a usb hub and i have a usb drive installed but it wont see it. So how do you manage to upload the bios and iso files??
Ive got OI Filemanager sideloaded but its no help if i cant get the files uploaded to the device.

adb kill-server

adb start-server

<Fire TV Storage Path>

and then

You could always send using esfile explorer. Its a bit quicker.

Reactions: SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight

Jun 9, 2012
I used ESfile explorer also. Very simple. Just added my SMB share from my NAS and dropped the bios and games in there.

Oh cool! So that's how it works! I'm defiantly going to check that app out now. I've been using IO File explorer for a long time. I guess its time to move on to bigger and better file managers!

red man

Oct 31, 2008

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Player 1 map buttons:
Select = MEDIA REWIND
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
R1 = BUTTON R1

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = AXIS_X
Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

Can you please explain the L2 and R2 buttons, i cant seem to figure those 2 out using my ps4 controller.
thnks

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
Developer is really cool for this too. Had some issues figuring out the problem with the triggers on the xbox 360 and he was quick with emails for almost a week and then we finally figured it out.

If you're using a 360 gamepad, do not set the controller to Dual Shock. You'll have to change it since the emulator does it automatically.

krisnekoff

Sep 1, 2015
same problem

adb kill-server

adb start-server

<Fire TV Storage Path>

and then

Hi ive got this same problem and its driving me nuts! ive spent a couple of days now trying to fix this. Ive got the epsxe installed on my fire tv and it loads perfectly but will not find any games or BIOS, even though i have pushed them several times. I know they are there because when i search for them using file manager they show up, however, and to my etreme frustration, they do not show up when i search for them using epsxe apk. Ive tryed exactly what was mentioned above and again they did not show up. PLEASE HELP!
To add i am having the same problem when using psx4droid
thanks

b0ob0o225

Dec 8, 2015
where do yousee those settings i installed epsxe on my amazon fire and it works but when i go to settings for the amazon controller it doesnt move

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Player 1 map buttons:
Select = MEDIA REWIND
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
R1 = BUTTON R1

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = AXIS_X
Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

when i click preferences the app shuts down on my amazon fire tv, how can i fix this

Dec 10, 2015
I can't remap my controller either. App crashes whenever I select Preferences, so I am stuck without a Start button. I've heard of people installing ePSXe on other Android devices and then importing the config data onto their Fire TV. My Fire TV is unrooted so there's no way for me to confirm if this method works.
My specs:
Device: Fire TV 2 (No root)
ePSXe: v1.9.39
Controller: Amazon Fire Game Controller

If anyone has figured out a fix for this, please keep us updated.

michaeldcoates

Jun 17, 2011
I can't remap my controller either. App crashes whenever I select Preferences, so I am stuck without a Start button. I've heard of people installing ePSXe on other Android devices and then importing the config data onto their Fire TV. My Fire TV is unrooted so there's no way for me to confirm if this method works.
My specs:
Device: Fire TV 2 (No root)
ePSXe: v1.9.39
Controller: Amazon Fire Game Controller

If anyone has figured out a fix for this, please keep us updated.

If you get the latest version from google play store (1.9.40) then it should solve this issue, that's what I had to do.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Player 1 map buttons:
Select = MEDIA REWIND
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
R1 = BUTTON R1

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = AXIS_X
Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER
To the OP, thanks for this, it really helped! I have one issue though, when running a game the nav pad doesn't work, I have to use the analog sticks to change direction - is there anyway I can get the nav pad to work? When I choose the dpad settings I always hit the nav pad but it only ever lets me use the analog stick. not sure what to do!

Thanks again.

deanr1977

Apr 17, 2011
lost somewhere.... Help
Only problem I've had with this Is that when playing Papper the Rapper using my wired xbox 360 controller there is some lag In between pressing the buttons, anyone else getting any lag? With this game Or others?

michaeldcoates

Jun 17, 2011
After some messing around I found the following settings to work perfectly, allowing both the d-pad and analog stick to be in use during gameplay! I nearly gave up on this controller but it seems now to be perfect for what I want (epsxe). This is using the 2nd gen Fire TV (4K) and 2nd gen Fire game controller (without media controls). Hope this helps someone and thanks to the OP for putting me on the right path.

1. Tap Preferences
2. Tap Player 1
Pad Type PSX = DualShock
Select Gamepad = Amazon Fire Game Controller

Player 1 map buttons:
Select = BUTTON THUMBL - there is no media control on the 2nd gen pad so I use the analog sticks pressed down)
Start = BUTTON THUMBR
Triangle = BUTTON Y
Circle = BUTTON B
X = BUTTON A
Square = BUTTON X
L1 = BUTTON L1
R1 = BUTTON R1
Leave the rest unmapped apart from:
Mode = BACK

Player 1 map axis:
Analog Range = Square
Left Stick X = HAT_X
Left Stick Y = HAT_Y
Right Stick X = HAT_Z
Right Stick Y = HAT_RZ
L2 Trigger = AXIS_BRAKE
R2 Trigger = AXIS_GAS
Hat = AXIS_XY

djohjay

Nov 15, 2016
Wireless XBOX 360 + Amazon Fire TV BOX

I know, I know, I'm very late on this subject...

I am struggling trying to use the Xbox 360 wireless controller with the USB Wireless Dongle on Fire TV Box 2015. All of the native android games on Fire TV work great with the controller, but I really want ePSXe Emulator to work right. It Doesn't.

The axis is still screwed up any way I map controllers, whether it be analog or digital. The games start & play as if R2 Trigger is being held in the whole time. Pretty annoying.

And the BIGGEST problem I have, is the START button! Damn, this is the most annoying part. Even if you map the controller to make the start button a different physical button on the remote, I cannot get "start" to work in any games. When I press START on the 360 controller it always brings up the emulators "home" menu. Every Time.

Anyone with knowledge on this subject is really welcome to respond and help out. I do appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Tap Preferences
    2. Tap Player 1
    Pad Type PSX = DualShock

Player 1 map buttons:
    Select = MEDIA REWIND
    Triangle = BUTTON Y
    Circle = BUTTON B
    X = BUTTON A
    Square = BUTTON X
    L1 = BUTTON L1
    R1 = BUTTON R1

Player 1 map axis:
    Analog Range = Square
    Left Stick X = AXIS_X
    Left Stick Y = AXIS_Y
    Right Stick X = AXIS_Z
    Right Stick Y = AXIS_RZ
    L2 Stick = AXIS_LTRIGGER
    R2 Stick = AXIS_RTRIGGER

adb kill-server

adb start-server

<Fire TV Storage Path>

and then

I used ESfile explorer also. Very simple. Just added my SMB share from my NAS and dropped the bios and games in there.