TWRP does not see SDcard Zip file

Search This thread

Derekao

Mar 23, 2011
I have placed Meanrom.zip in the root of the SDCard and I can go to ES Explorer and located it witout a problem but when I go into TWRP to install Zip file it does not display. Any suggestions?

s0calstate0fmind

Oct 15, 2009
Make sure its not reading from internal storage. If it is then u won't be able to see ur zip file that's on ur sd card

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

sillymeboy

Oct 17, 2009
Go to ''mount'' in twrp and check '' mount external sd'' or something like that

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Joris1983

Oct 6, 2015
Sorry to open up such an old threat, but i have simmular issues as mentiont above.
Ive gone to hell and back, getting my phone ( a MT6582 Lenovo A3600d ) rooted and TWRP on it, working and all. Yea im a prood noob.. !
But now im stuck. Ive put some compattible rom on my empty and formatted sdcard. Ive done all the flashing that is required to finally install the rom, but TWRP wont see the zip file.
Its in the root of my SD in the correct zip format etc. When i go to the TWRP file manager i also cant locate it. Eventho it tells me its reading of the sd card and not the internal memory. It will only display the maps and show some txt files. Dont know if thats normal. These are the only actuall items/lines i can see pop up.
Furthermore in "Mount" it wont let me check the box "Ext-SDcard", all the others i can check. Is this where the problem lies ? Ive removed the card and formatted it and put the rom zip file back on it a few times through my desktopcardreader.
Since ive allready flashed the phone its completly empty, only the TWRP recovery is accesable.
Am i missing something ? Any help would be greatly apprishiated :)

AkmalWarrior

Dec 7, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to open up such an old threat, but i have simmular issues as mentiont above.
Ive gone to hell and back, getting my phone ( a MT6582 Lenovo A3600d ) rooted and TWRP on it, working and all. Yea im a prood noob.. !
But now im stuck. Ive put some compattible rom on my empty and formatted sdcard. Ive done all the flashing that is required to finally install the rom, but TWRP wont see the zip file.
Its in the root of my SD in the correct zip format etc. When i go to the TWRP file manager i also cant locate it. Eventho it tells me its reading of the sd card and not the internal memory. It will only display the maps and show some txt files. Dont know if thats normal. These are the only actuall items/lines i can see pop up.
Furthermore in "Mount" it wont let me check the box "Ext-SDcard", all the others i can check. Is this where the problem lies ? Ive removed the card and formatted it and put the rom zip file back on it a few times through my desktopcardreader.
Since ive allready flashed the phone its completly empty, only the TWRP recovery is accesable.
Am i missing something ? Any help would be greatly apprishiated :)

Try to use CWM, you can make it through MTK Droid Tools (I kinda forget the name)
1.Download it
2.Obtain superuser access.(make sure usb debugging and usb drivers installed.
3.Goto the second tab
4.select backup and kill the process after seeing boot.img being backed up.
5.again to the second tab.
6 .select 'To choose from the boot.img file'
7.Go to the backup folder.
8.select phone model.
9.choose boot.img
10.click yes on every pop up box.
11.done.

CWM works flawlessly on my Lenovo A3600D.
Even if it's not touch version