Krunal

Feb 23, 2014
Mumbai
play.google.com
Here is the method to install Layers Theme on your Xperia Smartphone :

Don't Blame Me If Anything Goes Wrong
I Have Tested It On My Phone And It Works Pretty Well
Under Any Circumstances Whatsoever I Am Not Responsible For Any Loss Of Data,
Dead SD cards , Thermonuclear War , etc.( most of the other developers say this )
Read All The Instructions Before Heading Ahead. Have Fun Theming

Prerequisite :
#Recovery Installed
#Rooted Xperia
#Running 5.0+
#Latest Version Of BusyBox Installed
#A Nandroid Backup (Just For Precaution)

Flash this file and install busybox if you don't want to go through these steps : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Ko5aGRXGsEa3ZyMTl5U3J0QXc/view?usp=docslist_api
1) Goto Playstore and install Layers Manager App
2) Goto Playstore and search for layers theme and choose any theme you like
3)Open Layers Manager App and give #Root permission
4)Goto Settings and check on unnecessary overlays(optional)
5)Goto main home of app and choose the theme
6)Apply your favorite overlays and Reboot

NOTE:
1} Before applying any new overlays first uninstall the previous ones
2}You have to be on stock Xperia lollipop themes for navbar buttons to change according to Layers theme since the Xperia theme engine also uses the same technology of RR Overlay which layers use.Hence if you will apply any other Xperia theme other than stock, it will create another overlay upon it and you won't be able to see the nav bar buttons from LAYERS THEME
3} It doesnt have full support for xperia apps . hence some of the elements will have buggy appearance
4} For Best Experience install GOOGLE APPS coz its what the layers themes have been made for
6} FC's or bootloops occuring after applying overlays may be due to bad overlays.So always take a nandroid backup before messing up with your phone
7} FC's occuring after uninstalling overlays can be easily solved by a reboot
8} For those who are stuck after pressing reboot , Please remove your battery and reinsert it (if its removable) or Press the force reset or shutdown button. (Generally Xperia phones have them on the back of their phones under the panel) On boot up first uninstall That bad layers framework or system Ui Overlay . If you want then you can remove them form recovery only
9} For bad overlays here is the fix :
Go to recovery (twrp) and navigate to mount and check on System and Then open file manager. Navigate to system /vendor /overlay and delete the apk and Reboot
10} Mostly the bootloops are caused by bad or incompatible framework overlays ... So use with care Install Layers Showcase for more themes and to find that it supports your device or not

For more themes and tweaks join the community

https://plus.google.com/communities/102278997677380941784

https://plus.google.com/communities/102261717366580091389

Once Again Don't Install Multiple Overlays On Each Other, Always Uninstall The Previous Ones First

:good::good: SPECIAL THANKS TO SONY , BitSyko Development , Google For RRO & Layers :good::good:

Please Hit THANKS If You Find This Post Helpful. :D

Last edited:

Fuzark

Aug 24, 2014
Does someone already try some dark material layers in settings with success?

caki25

Commute UI works if you also add the overlay that removes titles. This overlay turned to work quite well. Beware though, don't install framework or system ui apks. Can result in a boot loop. If that happens, you need to remove them through recovery.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Fuzark

Aug 24, 2014
Commute UI works if you also add the overlay that removes titles. This overlay turned to work quite well. Beware though, don't install framework or system ui apks. Can result in a boot loop. If that happens, you need to remove them through recovery.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I can't find any layer option that remove titles on commute ui. Need I install another?

Fuzark

Aug 24, 2014
And it's not dark material.
Thx for u help!

Attachments

• 1450036853308.jpg
    1450036853308.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 953
  • 1450036863193.jpg
    1450036863193.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 951

Krunal

Feb 23, 2014
Mumbai
play.google.com
Today's Setup Looking Awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-14-10-25-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-14-10-25-07.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,193
  • Screenshot_2015-12-14-10-25-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-14-10-25-19.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,176

jassalmithu

Apr 13, 2009
You should join layers beta here
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.lovejoy777.rroandlayersmanager

and layers google group
https://plus.google.com/communities...9/stream/850e4326-9f12-470d-8af8-5859eb3219ce

and if you get bootloop and anything is messed up, delete systemui and framework overlays from /system/vendor/overlays, better to just empty that folder before you start or when anythings messed up

delete framework and systemui from recovery only, because once running if you delete them, the system wil become irresponsive

amey2606

Jan 10, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Guys, i think i messed up. I'm getting bootloop after installing the grey theme. Now the thing is, i don't have any recovery installed to delete those overlays. And i cant install XZDualRecovery, because of the bootloops. So now, do you have any solution to recover other than a clean install.?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks. 

Sent from my SM-P601 using Tapatalk

Fuzark

Aug 24, 2014
Guys, i think i messed up. I'm getting bootloop after installing the grey theme. Now the thing is, i don't have any recovery installed to delete those overlays. And i cant install XZDualRecovery, because of the bootloops. So now, do you have any solution to recover other than a clean install.?
Thanks. 

I just can think in flashtool.

Reactions: amey2606

Th3DON

Mar 7, 2013
Hi.

Can someone post the list of working themes.
I'm getting bootloop on every theme.

ryandxter

Mar 12, 2013
The Special Region of Yogyakarta
I've got frame works and system UI working from Dominator. That's the only one so far. I'm on 6.0.1. No Xposed (yet).

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3+ using XDA Labs

Can you send link bro?
Anyway I'm already tried using RRO + seeking it's way to get work properly since LP 5.0.1 but no luck,, same way as this OP mentioned

Seems sony oem had own theme engine, meanwhile RRO stay close AOSP based (or ROM which without CM Theme Engine) CMIIW

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
will this work on my Z3 tablet 5.1.1? I try desperately to find a theme layer app but I cant.thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the method to install Layers Theme on your Xperia Smartphone :

Don't Blame Me If Anything Goes Wrong
    I Have Tested It On My Phone And It Works Pretty Well
    Under Any Circumstances Whatsoever I Am Not Responsible For Any Loss Of Data,
    Dead SD cards , Thermonuclear War , etc.( most of the other developers say this )
    Read All The Instructions Before Heading Ahead. Have Fun Theming

Prerequisite :
    #Recovery Installed
    #Rooted Xperia
    #Running 5.0+
    #Latest Version Of BusyBox Installed
    #A Nandroid Backup (Just For Precaution)

Flash this file and install busybox if you don't want to go through these steps : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Ko5aGRXGsEa3ZyMTl5U3J0QXc/view?usp=docslist_api
    1) Goto Playstore and install Layers Manager App
    2) Goto Playstore and search for layers theme and choose any theme you like
    3)Open Layers Manager App and give #Root permission
    4)Goto Settings and check on unnecessary overlays(optional)
    5)Goto main home of app and choose the theme
    6)Apply your favorite overlays and Reboot

NOTE:
    1} Before applying any new overlays first uninstall the previous ones
    2}You have to be on stock Xperia lollipop themes for navbar buttons to change according to Layers theme since the Xperia theme engine also uses the same technology of RR Overlay which layers use.Hence if you will apply any other Xperia theme other than stock, it will create another overlay upon it and you won't be able to see the nav bar buttons from LAYERS THEME
    3} It doesnt have full support for xperia apps . hence some of the elements will have buggy appearance
    4} For Best Experience install GOOGLE APPS coz its what the layers themes have been made for
    6} FC's or bootloops occuring after applying overlays may be due to bad overlays.So always take a nandroid backup before messing up with your phone
    7} FC's occuring after uninstalling overlays can be easily solved by a reboot
    8} For those who are stuck after pressing reboot , Please remove your battery and reinsert it (if its removable) or Press the force reset or shutdown button. (Generally Xperia phones have them on the back of their phones under the panel) On boot up first uninstall That bad layers framework or system Ui Overlay . If you want then you can remove them form recovery only
    9} For bad overlays here is the fix :
    Go to recovery (twrp) and navigate to mount and check on System and Then open file manager. Navigate to system /vendor /overlay and delete the apk and Reboot
    10} Mostly the bootloops are caused by bad or incompatible framework overlays ... So use with care Install Layers Showcase for more themes and to find that it supports your device or not

For more themes and tweaks join the community

https://plus.google.com/communities/102278997677380941784

https://plus.google.com/communities/102261717366580091389

Once Again Don't Install Multiple Overlays On Each Other, Always Uninstall The Previous Ones First

:good::good: SPECIAL THANKS TO SONY , BitSyko Development , Google For RRO & Layers :good::good:

Please Hit THANKS If You Find This Post Helpful. :D
    Yupp, tried the Art theme. Doesn't work.
    Get white text on white background with no icons visible.
    In short, nothing visible.
    Thanks. 

I just can think in flashtool.
    Hi.

Can someone post the list of working themes.
    I'm getting bootloop on every theme.

Almost Every layers themes are working apart from their frameworks overlays
    be sure that you have latest version of busybox installed