FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any current G3 owners try to drop the resolution to 1080p?

3,681 posts
Thanks Meter: 443

By rushless, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 03:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2015, 06:07 AM |#151  
Flag Morciano di Romagna(Rimini)
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n64_ali

As others in the thread have mentioned (I think), nomone no longer works. The easiest way to do this is through Terminal. Either enable the built-in terminal or download any Terminal Emulator from the Play Store and type in the following in any AOSP rom:

wm size 1080x1920
wm density 441

To revert back to stock:
wm size 1440x2560
wm density 560

Good luck!

Thanks for that. Didn't knew nomone no longer worked...

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

12th December 2015, 08:42 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
success!
wrong thread
16th July 2016, 11:39 AM |#153  
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skin1980

With appsettings set all lg apps to 530 DPI and they will work... I tried and were ok

Edit: also text scaling to 75
Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

this does not work for me on d855 fulmics 5.3 marshamllow ... any help? it jusst seems like appsettings settings dont activate on stock apps... i really want to use this mod because my device heats up a lot and this could help but with changed res everythin is huge and i need the smaller dpi which causes stock apps to crash even if set dpi in appsettings to 530 and font to 75.. what ROM where you on?

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by navlem

To those who changed their resolution but wants to use their LG apps.

this does not work for me on d855 fulmics 5.3 marshamllow ... any help? it jusst seems like appsettings settings dont activate on stock apps... i really want to use this mod because my device heats up a lot and this could help but with changed res everythin is huge and i need the smaller dpi which causes stock apps to crash even if set dpi in appsettings to 530 and font to 75..

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickGoncalves

Guys, I changed to 1920x1080 @ 424dpi and after using appsettings to change the LG apps to 530dpi almost everything is working. It seems that the battery life is much better, and there is no lag animore. But I got bugs on WhatsApp and Snapchat. Every snap that I sent to everyone stay like this. I tested on my friends's phones and the snaps that I sent arrive line this. And in whatsapp the bug is little, but still there, when I enter on the screen of the contact the profile image is like this. Hope somebody can help me with some idea

this does not work for me on d855 fulmics 5.3 marshamllow ... any help? it jusst seems like appsettings settings dont activate on stock apps... i really want to use this mod because my device heats up a lot and this could help but with changed res everythin is huge and i need the smaller dpi which causes stock apps to crash even if set dpi in appsettings to 530 and font to 75..
8th September 2016, 02:24 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbuz

I know it's not necessarily ideal, but what about running 720p? Makes the math really easy since it'd be 1/4 the res. I'm pretty sure if they offered a G3 with a 720p display that got 50% more battery life, I'd take it. Winning spec's wars are great, but their comes a point where it's not worth it.

I tried this and the phone wasn't too happy. Having trouble determining a good DPI setting. I tried calculating mathematically, meaning what the DPI should be to cover the same screen size at the set resolution, but that didn't work too well. Would be nice to hear from someone who has the proper DPI setting for 720p.

Mike
4th October 2016, 12:55 AM |#155  
Flag cdmx
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n64_ali

As others in the thread have mentioned (I think), nomone no longer works. The easiest way to do this is through Terminal. Either enable the built-in terminal or download any Terminal Emulator from the Play Store and type in the following in any AOSP rom:

wm size 1080x1920
wm density 441

To revert back to stock:
wm size 1440x2560
wm density 560

Good luck!

tried it and worked well, you have to grant root acces first, i'm using 720p and 280 dpi on cm14
10th October 2016, 01:39 AM |#156  

More
Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi_guel69

tried it and worked well, you have to grant root acces first, i'm using 720p and 280 dpi on cm14

Can u help me do u think it will work in my phone untouched MM 6.0 and rooted from this guide..
Phone specs
LG G3 D855 3GIG RAM
MM 6.0 V30a

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...4#post68994263
19th October 2016, 12:54 AM |#157  
Flag cdmx
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijaysonx

Can u help me do u think it will work in my phone untouched MM 6.0 and rooted from this guide..
Phone specs
LG G3 D855 3GIG RAM
MM 6.0 V30a

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...4#post68994263

i don't think it would work well on a stock rom, but try, if not you can use aosp
19th October 2016, 01:42 PM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I use 1080p 441dpi cm13 game works smooth than before
2k resolution a little bit lag. game piano tiles 2
24th October 2016, 09:44 AM |#159  
Flag Izmir

More
can someone post their battery life test results? I mean how long can does it play a full hd and hd movie, a game with good graphics, playing music bla bla.

that'd be great to see those results. and don't forget to compare before and after thing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)